What's new

If you could put any roller coaster in your home park, what would it be and where would it go?

emoo

Hyper Poster
Original 4D in Thorpe.

Realistically a terrible idea but they wouldn't have to theme it and will appeal to the target audience. Just put it anywhere that upsets the neighbours the least. I have wanted this for sometime and don't want to crush another dream by revising this with the last decades advancements.

That said I would consider moving closer if @Serena and @Howie idea came to pass.

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
My homepark is Phantasialand. I could go with something completely unrealistic like a giga coaster or a woodie. But to be honest I think that wouldn't fit the park and of course it'd never be allowed due to the parks neighbors. I feel like something like Arthur in Europa Park could be a really cool darkride coaster hybrid to replace Space Center / Temple of the Night Hawk / Crazy Bats. It should be easy to find a nice story to tell about the inhabitants of Wuze Town. And you could get some other merch from that, as well.

Alessio

Roller Poster
My home park is Taunus Wunderland. Most probably haven't heard of the small family park, it has a mack log flume, a wild mouse and a SBFVisa compact spinner with the best name "Kuhddel Muuuhddel", it is located near Frankfurt in Germany.
Talked to the park CEO during Halloween 2020 and a huge expansion is planned with at least one new roller coaster.

My dream would be a good family coaster that everyone enjoys, at least something that would convince me to buy a season pass and visit the park more often than every couple of years.
A Mack Spinner would be incredible, like a clone of Dwervelwind. Wouldn't mind a small scale Gravity Group or a Quad-Coaster, but that's unlikely. I guess something along the lines of a Vekoma SFC oder Family Boomerang is more in the sight of the park, but a new cred is a new cred.

In terms of bigger parks, I would consider Holiday Park my HomePark. GeForce is incredible, SkyScream is good and the park has a kiddie coaster, but it certainly lacks a solid family coaster. A spinning coaster would be an option, maybe something along the lines of Vicky the Ride at Plopsa Coo. A small scale GCI like Heidi would also be a great fit for the park and with two already built at Plopsa Parks not to unlikely.
Whatever happens, I hope they don't build the rumored water park or hotel in the near future and focus on the theme park first because even though some solid investments came since the change of ownership, a lot of work is still needed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Thorpe is I guess my local, so anything... Anything that isn't a cheap IP bouncy castle.

But as I prefer Chessington and its a similar distance I'm going to say if love to see a small GG family woodie pop up at the park. It would provide an experience not really seen in this part of the country and could fit in well with some fairly basic themeing.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
My local park is pleasurewood hills - think they've got room for a gg woody or mack spinner.

But - if we take thorpe park - I'd love to haul out flying fish, storm surge depth charge and the beach area, and replace the lot with a fab family ride (drop track or something like pegase express)

Selectrr

Roller Poster
I have a smaller home park in Southend's Adventure Island - I genuinely don't think they're gonna get a new coaster any time soon, mainly bc they're a small park and don't have much room for a new coaster. Even if they do get one, I'm not expecting anything huge. Their lineup jumps from their two Zierer tivolis, then to Mighty Mini Mega, an actually decent Pinfari family coaster, then to Rage, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, so they might want a family-thrill ride to bridge that gap.

Also, while it's not my home park, PortAventura in Spain has this issue too and I have a few candidates. I'm not saying that the driving school that's barely ever open should be torn out and replaced with an Intamin spinning coaster around the size of Tornado at Bakken to give the park another intermediate-thrill coaster, it just fits that spot perfectly.

Also, the Polynesia area could use a new coaster, and it looks like Dino Escape's closed now, so they have some space there. My idea is to have an Intamin or Zierer family-thrill coaster like Verbolten there in its place. Like, an indoor section to start with, then a drop track, then maybe have it launch outside and go out and over the area?

One last thing, and the highest thing on my wishlist; a hybrid conversion of Stampida. But not as in an RMC hybrid (I'm not that interested in them, to be honest.) - what if it got the Titan track and Millennium Flyers from GCI? They're really the only issues I have with the ride, Stampida'd be rated a lot higher otherwise (probably a 9 or maybe even a 10?).
Plus, turning Stampida into an RMC comes with the possibility of its neighbouring family coaster and little brother Tomahawk being removed. That'd leave the only family coaster being Tami Tami, which I wouldn't be okay with.

Last edited:

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Drayton Manor is my home park and they have gone on a spree of removing rides over the last 5 years however, i've heard they are going to replace G-Force and Drayton know how to build a compact coaster (just look at Accelerator or G-Force) so i'm going for an RMC Raptor on the G-Force site realistically it would fit and would be unique for Europe and would attract a lot of attention and more guests!

Christian

Hyper Poster
I live in Malmö, Sweden and I dont really have a homepark since they closed our tiny permanent fairground in a city park 7 years ago. Anyways, toying with the idea that that fairground still existed I would have demolished the whole rest of the park and put a Zadra style coaster in it's place. Who needs a park when you can have Zadra?

Considering my "other" homeparks I would build an RMC Raptor or S&S El Loco at Tivoli in Copenhagen and a B&M Hyper at Liseberg.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Walibi Belgium... Well we are getting Kondaa, but up next I wouldn't mind a replacement of Calamity Mine to either a newer model Mine Train or an Intamin Junior coaster.
Also I realised there is quite some space between Werewolf and Calamity. As this is the side that they can be more "noisy" I would say something more thrilly could fit there. Like a launch coaster or Raptor.
Ultimately a junior intamin could fit there aswell, and then Calamity can stay to exist

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
First post so hello everyone!

Home park SFOG. Splash Waterfalls has been defunct for quite awhile now and will probably be the site for a 4D free spin in the next 2-3 years. Great for the GP, sucks for us enthusiasts. SFOG hasn’t had a launch coaster since Viper the shuttle loop, and could really benefit from some form of a launch coaster at the park. A skyrocket 2 seams to fit both the space and the bill pretty well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Home park is Cedar Point, where I have always felt a classic wooden coaster would be a great fit, placed along the northern beach of the park. This would even pay great homage to the origins of the park and it's first attractions, which were placed right along this beachfront to start. Something akin to American Thunder would be such a cool, nostalgic fit.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
According to RCDB, my homepark is ... this place:

It's a zoo with a zipline and an Alpine Coaster. So naturally, it needs to go the Kolmården route. Phone RMC, let them go nuts.

OK, realistically, they could - could - perhaps get a fourth-hand Go Gator, but it'd probably double their attraction maintenance budget and draw in zero new guests.

But hey, if they could have any coaster, but staying within the limits of the somewhat reasonable, I'd have them take Loopen off TusenFryd, which I guess is my "proper" home park. That way, TusenFryd will be down one coaster and thus needing to build another to fill the gap. Also, Loopen will be hundreds of kilometers away where it can't hurt anyone. Namsskogan Familiepark wouldn't even have to assemble the coaster, saving a ton of costs. Just leave the pieces to rust in the car park. Come to think of it, let them have Colossus too so Thorpe has to replace it. Again, no need to actually assemble it.

As for what coaster to build at TusenFryd ... it's a tough question. It pains me to say it, but the park needs so much else before it needs another coaster. I guess something nice and compact like one of the well-made Gerstlauer Infinitys or a spinning coaster could fit nicely in the spot left after we sent Loopen to the middle of nowhere. RMC-ing Thundercoaster could work as well, but over the years I've come to think Thundercoaster is somewhat detrimental to the park overall, as it forms a sort of barrier right in the middle of the park, necessitating very long walks around it. The paths that surround it also have a difficult terrain to work with, so there's no room for any attractions anywhere near it. Thundercoaster is nice enough to ride, but it's in the way of anything sensible ever being done with the park's awful layout.

If my new coaster for TusenFryd could be made as part of a whole new area, this problem could be solved. I think an S&S Free Spin or perhaps an Intamin Impulse coaster could work nicely for the purpose, as it would need to be space-efficient. It'd be located along the highway next to Super Splash, taking up next to no room. It would be the star attraction of a new area on the site of the upper car park, beneath Thundercoaster, joining the park entrance area to the Viking land at the bottom of the hill. The park entrance would be turned around 90 degrees, facing north instead of east. With some clever design, most of the car park could even be retained, just accessed from another road. The new area would be rather long and narrow, but it'd be the park's main street anyway. Those don't take up much room.

Or just rip out Thundercoaster and put a new terrain woodie in the hills above the park instead of right in the middle of it.

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
First post so hello everyone!

Home park SFOG. Splash Waterfalls has been defunct for quite awhile now and will probably be the site for a 4D free spin in the next 2-3 years. Great for the GP, sucks for us enthusiasts. SFOG hasn’t had a launch coaster since Viper the shuttle loop, and could really benefit from some form of a launch coaster at the park. A skyrocket 2 seams to fit both the space and the bill pretty well.
Welcome aboard! I went to SFOG this fall for the first time and really enjoyed it... a great launch coaster would definitely be a great addition!

SeanC

Mega Poster
fun thread... closest park to me is Universal Hollywood but they're landlocked. That said, how cool would it be to open an RMC raptor indoors themed to Jurassic Park (can't fit velocicoaster there) or one of the Universal monster franchises other than the Mummy? Don't see it happening though.

Magic Mountain might be the next closest. We're spoiled there but would love a B&M Fury-style Giga in the back of the park if Six Flags owns the land behind Apocalypse, Riddler, and Batman. The one real hole in the lineup other than that is a floater-driven hyper which could go there too. That said, those won't happen either.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
My home park is Blackpool pleasure Beach, I would love to see a gerst bob on the old wild mouse/trauma towers site, failing that a GCI/gravity group woody on the bowlodrome site using the dead space behind too.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
To be fair I personally think my home parks are trash (pretty much the whole off the UK) - so I wouldn't want to inflict that on my fav coasters.... I'd much rather just move nearer to a better park lol.

so I'm going to base it off my FAVORITE park which is Europa - and I'd implant Untamed there!

Enil

Roller Poster
Walibi Belgium... Well we are getting Kondaa, but up next I wouldn't mind a replacement of Calamity Mine to either a newer model Mine Train or an Intamin Junior coaster.
Also I realised there is quite some space between Werewolf and Calamity. As this is the side that they can be more "noisy" I would say something more thrilly could fit there. Like a launch coaster or Raptor.
Ultimately a junior intamin could fit there aswell, and then Calamity can stay to exist
Calamity is still fine imo, Weerwolf on the other hand is in need for a retrack. Doesn’t really matter to me whether GCI or RMC does it: the layout isn’t bad and provides a lot of airtime so with a smoother ride and lapbars that don’t try to break your bones the ride would be really good. Of course I wouldn’t complain either if we got a whippy, inversion based RMC to contrast with Kondaa, which is obviously airtime based.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Six Flags Great America
Take out the meh filled ride Maxx Force and replace it with an Intamin Multi Launch like Velicoaster with a bunch of hills, Inversions, and at least 4,000ft long

Azoosment Park
Add a GCI Wooden Twister coaster on part of the former Waterpark and make it a recreation of the Historic Riverview Park Bobs.