What's new

Your year in review - 2020 edition

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lol, 2020.

The year I was supposed to do wide, expansive travel of the country for work, and pick up dozens and dozens of credits in the process, alongside a large Denmark/Sweden trip we had planned for April.

At a glance, new parks I had planned to visit in 2020 for work and leisure travel:
  • Canada's Wonderland
  • Tivoli Gardens
  • Liseberg
  • Kolmarden
  • Grona Lund
  • Bakken
  • Gilroy Gardens
  • SeaWorld Orlando
  • BGT
  • SeaWorld San Diego
  • Santa Cruz Boardwalk
  • Belmont Park
  • California's Great America
  • Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
  • Cliff's Amusement Park
  • Oaks Park
  • Playland (Vancouver)
  • Lagoon
  • Elitch Gardens

*sigh*

With that being said, let's take stock of how the year went!

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 218

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 228

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 10

- New parks visited in 2020: 3 (Camden Park, Funspot Kissimmee, Funspot Orlando)

- Park visits in 2020: I think 14 (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Islands of Adventure, Funspot Kissimmee, Funspot Orlando, Camden Park, Holiday World)

- Favorite new coaster of 2020: Orion - the one-new-coaster for 2020

- Best new-to-you coaster: Mine Blower

- Favorite new ride (overall) of 2020: Star Wars Rise of the Resistance

- Favorite new park of 2020: Had a very fun-packed hour doing the double run between the two Fun Spots earlier this year (the final weekend before Covid quarantine in fact).

- Best park visit: Dude, any. We didn't have park openings until July in Ohio; it was an emotional moment being able to get back 4th of July weekend!

- Highlight of 2020: Getting to see our family's memory brick at Cedar Point! Love having "our little piece" of CP. :)

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Turns out I like Blue Milk over Butter Beer.

- Best individual coaster lap: First ride on Steel Vengeance was in the midst of downpour. It was hilarious, and I learned face buffs can double as rain cover!

- Best new for 2020 Ride: hah, Orion.

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Star Wars Rise of the Resistance. Boy howdy.

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Finally got to visit Clermont Steel in Batavia with @Antinos on the way to Camden Park! Fun getting to spot Monster track being manufactured.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: My wife and I have really focused on getting out camping this year; lots of great hiking and camping trips to Pennsylvania and Michigan throughout the year!

- Most Surprising Coaster: Getting rekt by the Slingshot SBF Spinner at Camden Park with @Antinos; everything after the third lap is a spinning blur.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Umm... with any luck we'll be able to do a CF Live?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Coaster Count at start of 2020: 209

Coaster Count at end of 2020: 210

New coasters ridden in 2020: 1...

New parks visited in 2020: lol does Malibu Jack's Entertainment Center in Louisville count?

Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 5 visits to three *actual* parks: Canobie Lake Park, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom.

Favorite new coaster of 2020: By default: Twist 'n' Shout SBF spinner +1

Best new-to-you coaster: See above :(

Best new-to-you non-coaster: Guess I actually have a decent answer here: the Larson drop tower at Kentucky Kingdom... think that was the only new flat ride for me? Fun little drop tower.

Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: ****... Malibu Jack's?

Best park visit: Holiday World for sure for Hollywood Nights. What a time.

Highlight of 2020: I somehow scrapped together a pretty fantastic weekend for the double whammy of enthusiasts events at Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom. In terms of rides, trimless Voyage ERT at night is the easy winner. But getting drunk at Kentucky Kingdom with some folks and then riding Kentucky Flyer, Storm Chaser and T3 right afterward (yes, drunk T3) was a great time.

Biggest surprise of 2020: Riding Raven at night was so wild, caught us off guard. The second half is complete darkness, darker than any portion of a Voyage night ride. Lots of unexpected turns and drops made it so fun.

Best individual coaster lap: I think my very first night ride on Voyage. Our night rides the following day were probably better, but this very first ride had such a wow/shock factor. We were speechless going down the exit ramp. Besides a couple visits to Canobie, I hadn't been on a coaster in over a year, so I was such a happy goon. On the brink of tears, I'll admit.

Best New for 2020 Ride: ?‍♂️

Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Continued the trend from last year of meeting more and more enthusiasts! I must've met dozens, including fellow CFers and beyond.

Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Lol, honestly snagging a different seat to the one I was assigned on my flight to Louisville. For some reason the airline sat me right next to someone else (after assuming they space out assigned seats). Dude was like "Oh I'm not concerned" ?‍♂️. Luckily the flight attendant let me move to an empty row.

Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Iron Gwazi will probably end up being the better ride, but my choice is the Intamin Mega at Walibi Belgium. That's been my most anticipated cred for the past couple years. The new Intamin stuff is honestly most exciting, as we know what to expect from RMC.

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, where did the first 2 posts in this thread go? I could have sworn that @Serena started this topic, but her initial post now seems to be missing... or maybe I’m imagining things.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
-Coaster Count at start of 2020: 456

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 456

- New coasters ridden in 2020: Not applicable

- New parks visited in 2020: Not applicable

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 3

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Not applicable

- Best new-to-you coaster: Not applicable

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Not applicable

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Not applicable

- Best park visit: Of the 3 parks I did visit this year, they were all heaving and gross, not applicable

- Highlight of 2020: Finding out that Pteranodon Flyers is achievable for me in the not too distant future.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Not Applicable

- Best individual coaster lap: Nemesis

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Not applicable

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Kayaking in the sea caves in Portugal

- Most Surprising Coaster: Not applicable

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: I refuse to allow myself to get excited for anything right now

As you can tell my year coaster wise was an absolute blast ?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I last rode a roller coaster on the 22nd November 2019. Unless I ride a cred in the next coupe of days, that's a whole year. Incredible! Closest I physically got to a roller coaster this year was visiting Sandown a couple of weeks ago, where I was about 10 metres from a closed cred. I chose to avoid crowded places this year for my own reasons and as much as I've missed the thrills and seeing my CF mates, I've been grateful for my health and being able to see my immediate family. Last CFer I saw in person was Chris Brown when he came over in February to discuss Finland!

My number one theme park related highlight this year was the Roller Coaster Day Survey we conducted. I really, really enjoyed setting up that survey, watching results come in and then crunching the numbers with half a bottle of gin. So although it hasn't been a thrilling year, the goon sprit has remained high. I even often cycle about wearing my CF "BASIC" and Outlaw Run tees!

2021 will be better for sure, namely because I will at least get to Paultons!

Peet

Giga Poster
A year that was supposed to include my first ever visits to Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland and many more, and should have been by far my best year ever for coasters, instead it was my worst since 2007 when I was 17 *sigh* First World Problems I suppose compared to what many people have gone through in 2020.

ANYWAY:

-Coaster Count at start of 2020: 311
- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 317
- New coasters ridden in 2020: 6 (all of them crap)
- New parks visited in 2020: 2 (Clarence Pier and Barry Island Pleasure Park - yay?)
- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 5
- Best new-to-you coaster: Crazy Coaster, Blackpool South Pier - and I don't even like Reverchon spinners!
- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Big wheel at Clarence Pier, I suppose
- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Clarence Pier (!)
- Best park visit: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (plus evening visit to South Pier)
- Highlight of 2020: First ride of the year on Icon having not ridden any decent coaster for sooo long
- Best individual coaster lap: Back row on Grand National - I just love getting beaten up by it
- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Moving into our new house (and not paying stamp duty - 2020 did have some redeeming qualities I suppose)

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Coaster Count at start of 2020: 250 ish. Need to do a proper count soon.

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 250ish + 12

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 12

- New parks visited in 2020: Holiday Park, Energylandia, Legendia

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: Alton Towers x 2, Thorpe x 1, Blackpool x 1, Energylandia x 2, Legendia x 1, Europa Park x 2, Holiday Park x 1, Phantasialand x 1

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: F.L.Y, obviously.

- Best new-to-you coaster: Hyperion. Absolute beast of a coaster with the best airtime moment in Europe.

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Piraten In Batavia. Wow wow wow, very impressive.

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Legendia. Only rode Lech Coaster and nothing else but a lovely setting and cheap beer.

- Best park visit: Legendia. Arrived here about 45 mins after stepping off the plane in 30 degree heat. I was on my own and it just felt amazing to be away from all the stress back home with work/virus life.

- Highlight of 2020: Whoring Zadra and Hyperion with an 11pm close. 2 world class coasters.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Rookburghs unexpected opening, then actually going there.

- Best individual coaster lap: First ride on the back row of Hyperion.

- Best New for 2020 Ride: F.L.Y

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Not crying when seeing the 'Expedition G Force will not be in operation today sign.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: The relief of narrowly avoiding the quarantine restrictions on Germany and Poland.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Lech Coaster. Had heard good things but didn't think it would be *that* good.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Walibi Belgium's coaster looks bonkers. And Universal's Taron + Dinosaurs thingy.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Hooray! List topics are my favorite <3

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 1,038

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 1,045

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 7 actual new credits, + 3 I'd ridden before but now at a new park/relocation, and 1 Alpine Coaster I also don't count.

- New parks visited in 2020: Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure, Super Slide Amusement Park, Paul Bunyan Land

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: Visited Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios (2), Animal Kingdom, Fun Spot Kissimmee, Fun Spot Orlando, Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure (1), Six Flags Over Georgia (1), Fun Spot Atlanta (1), Super Slide Amusement Park (1), Paul Bunyan Land (1), Six Flags Fiesta Texas (2), SeaWorld San Antonio (1), Six Flags New England [for the no ride/coaster Holiday in the Park....thing] (1)... but since my local parks were open Jan-March I made a bunch of visits and I don't track daily visits :|

- Favorite new coaster of 2020: Texas Stingray was the only new for 2020 I got on :( (I mean, it was great...but I had so many plans!)

- Best new-to-you coaster: Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster...but that seems like cheating since I'd already ridden RailBlazer but then if I go with Rampage that's kinda cheating too... .since I've got Megafobia

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: I don't really think anything I did this year that was new-for-me was really all that exciting? I mean, I rode Rise of the Resistance but... meh?

- Favorite new-to-you park of 2020: Slim pickings here! Haha, I guess if I had to pick one of the three I'd go with Paul Bunyan since it had a bunch of rarer classic flat rides.

- Best park visit Probably going with Fiesta Texas since I had nearly 2 days to get things ridden, it was pretty busy and COVID rules made getting things done, harder.

- Highlight of 2020: Being able to get any trips at all done... somehow I got 3 short weekend trips during all this mess!

- Biggest surprise of 2020: -not- loving Iron Rattler ...... Iron Gwazi -not- opening (haha)

- Best individual coaster lap: Rampage with a loose lapbar

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Driving 6 hours / 400 miles in a day to ride a kiddie coaster I had already ridden +15 years prior

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: I went on a cruise to Mexico, Belize and Honduras (new for me) in January before things got crazy

- Most Surprising Coaster: I don't know, Stingray was a lot of fun but that wasn't surprising, same for Wonder Women being amazing. I guess Rampage being so good seeing how its had little to no track work / up keep and keeps going SBNO and such...

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Its hard not to say VelociCoaster....since its basically across the street from my house!.......so I'll say the Walibi Belgium Intamin

And now for some photo spam via Twitter <3

Also, this amused me.

Last edited:

JamesB

Mega Poster
Um, the first post is missing for me on this thread. Is it just me?

Anyway, here's mine:

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 127

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 145 (Had planned to hit 150 this year!)

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 18

- New parks visited in 2020: 2

- Park visits in 2020: 3 (Clarence Pier, Energylandia, Legendia)

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: I haven't ridden any that opened this year, but out of those that have opened F.L.Y. is the one I'd want to ride the most.

- Best new-to-you coaster: Zadra

- Favourite new ride (overall) of 2020: Same as above, F.L.Y.

- Favourite new park of 2020: Energylandia for me

- Best park visit: Energylandia, really enjoyed my day there

- Highlight of 2020: Poland - Lech and Zadra both being amazing

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: not much choice, but probably the Frisbee flat ride at Energylandia

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Braving an overseas trip despite what this year has thrown at us. It was well worth it.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Probably going to Auschwitz, something I will never forget.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Hyperion, in that it disappointed me.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Unknown @ Movie Park Germany

Overall this year has been a bit poo hasn't it??

- Coaster Count at start of 2020:

- Coaster Count at end of 2020:

- New (to me) coasters ridden in 2020:

Batman – Tir Prince

- New parks visited in 2020:

Nada

- Park visits in 2020:

Alton Towers

Drayton Manor

Tir Prince, Towyn

- Favourite new coaster of 2020:

I rode nothing new for this year but F.L.Y looks to be pretty awesome

- Best new-to-you coaster:

Batman (by default)

- Favourite new ride (overall) of 2020:

Nowt

- Favourite new park of 2019:

By default Tir Prince, Towyn!

- Best park visit:

Drayton Manor in August, my 3 year old loved Thomas Land.

- Highlight of 2020:

Last ride of the day on WickerMan after a Spinball Whizzer breakdown.

- Biggest surprise of 2020:

Basing this on the beginning of the year my inability to visit anywhere new (had plans for Phantasialand, Europa Park, Lightwater Valley, Poultons, Flamingoland and Fantasy Island – all of which would have meant new rides).

- Best individual coaster lap:

??

- Best new for 2020 Ride:

Nothing to see here

- Best new-to-you non-coaster:

One of the myriad of flats at Thomas Land purely because of the joy on my kids face. I hated every minute of them as I’ve discovered that spinny rides make queezy now that I’m old!

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast:

Nowt

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment:

N/A

- Most Surprising Coaster:

How poor Blackpool Pleasure Beach actually is if you exclude Icon and Valhalla. Icon was literally the only thing worth riding when I visited in August everything else hurts, a lot. And the Fish and Chips was truly awful.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021:

I am only including something I’ll definitely do in ‘21 (virus permitting) not things I may ride (Florida planned for ’22 so have to be careful of the pennies). Therefore I’m going with Flamingoland’s 10 looper, my eldest will love this and I remember thinking colossus was great at first, there is something about this that I just want to ride. I know that this was a 2020 announcement but it’s not up and running this year so I’m cheating.

Actual announcement wise I think I’m jumping on the Velocicoaster bandwagon and am very happy to be planning to ride in ’22.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Not as awful as it could have been, but I only made 4 park trips this year. One new park.

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 124

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 134

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 10

- New parks visited in 2020: 1 (plus Santa Monica Pier, but that's not really a park)

- Park visits in 2020: 4

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: F.L.Y. at Phanta

- Best new-to-you coaster: A tie between Ghostrider at Knott's and F.L.Y. at Phanta

- Favourite new ride (overall) of 2020: as above.

- Favourite new park of 2019: Oh 2019, that's a bit more interesting. A tie between Europa and Phanta.

- Best park visit: This year? Two days in Phanta.

- Highlight of 2020: I honestly do not know, it's not been the best year.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: The pandemic, obviously.

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Hmm, I don't know. The Flume at Knott's was great, historical too.

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Actually getting F.L.Y. in its opening season, despite everything.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Probably exploring the Norfolk Coast, or the Cotswolds.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Silver Bullet, did not give the impact I thought it would.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Honestly? Seeing Paulton's already looking at more stuff. The UK market needs this.

Projektion

Mega Poster
I lost 1 small park trip in April due to Lockdown and I've been trying to get to a park throughout the year, but between work and now the 2nd wave, it never ended up happening. I'm still hoping to maybe try and fit in a trip to a park with a winter event now in the next month or 2 if the situation gets any better, but we'll see.
With that said however, I was pretty lucky this year as I managed to get my big holiday/trip out of the way at the start of the year before **** really hit the fan.

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 116

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 160

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 44

- New parks visited in 2020: 9 (Sega Joypolis, Tokyo Dome City, DisneySea, Fuji-Q, Yomiuriland, Nagashima, USJ, Hirakata park, Himeji Central Park)

- Park visits in 2020: 10 (pretty much ^ plus a 2nd day at Nagashima).

- Best new-to-you coaster: Hakugei - After riding Zadra in October and loving it, I was pretty hyped for Hakugei as it seemed to follow a pretty similar design philosphy, and it absolutely blew me away.

- Favourite new park of 2020: As cliche as it sounds, DisneySea. It was my first Disney park, and wow did it leave its mark.

- Best park visit: Pretty much that ^. An incredible day at DisneySea, wasn't that crowded and was possibly the most clear day weather-wise I could have asked for. It was so clear out you could see all the way to Mt. Fuji.

- Highlight of 2020: it's a tossup between 2: 1. That moment on the bus on the way to their respective parks when Steel Dragon and Eejanaika showed up on the horizon/in the distance; 2. Dododonpa surprise launch.

- Best individual coaster lap: My final ride on Flying Dinosaur. Night ride, Front row.

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Indiana Jones @ DisneySea.

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Zen ride on Acrobat.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Pretty much just Japan as a whole. It's a place I've wanted to visit for years and I spent almost an entire month there just going up and down the country doing everything from general touristy stuff to cred whoring.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Arashi. Despite seeing videos what the ride is like, I still went into this with tempered expectations since you always have people moaning about freespins. I ended up really liking it, it's absolutely nuts.

- Most Disappointing Coaster: Steel Dragon. I was expecting at least something from it and got absolutely nothing. Admitedly it was in the middle of Winter, but even on late day rides where you would expect it to at least have sped up a bit, there was barely even weak floater anywhere on the ride.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: WB Mega, mainly due to it being the one I have the best chance at riding.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Coaster count at the start of 2020: 555

Coaster count at the end of 2020: 560

I was sure it was going to be a coaster-free year, but in October I managed a surprise run across town to Nickelodeon Universe at the American Dream Mall in New Jersey. I discovered that I was so out of shape and had gained so much weight from quarantine since March that the coasters were a bit of a physical trial. Because the park was empty on opening, I got rapid-fire zen rides on four of the five coasters, but this actually made me quite queasy — an extreme rarity for me on a coaster. By the time I got home I was shattered.

Sad realization that I am going to have to get back into shape after Covid if I want to enjoy a long coaster career — and a long life.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well this sucks, seeing as me and Mrs Howie were supposed to still be in Florida right now having enjoyed CF Lives at Seaworld and Busch, almost 20 new-to-me creds and maybe even a bit of IAAPA action.
But no, about a year ago on the other side of the world someone ate a bat, so that meant we couldn't go.
Man, talk about the Butterfly Effect!
I wonder who that someone is? I wonder if that person knows it was them who started it all? If that person had said to his/her self before eating the bat: "If I eat this bat, Howie won't be able to go to Florida next year", maybe he/she would not have eaten the bat? Who knows, but we are where we are and it sucks.

That said, I still managed to salvage something from this car crash of a year. Apart from Florida, had numerous mini Euro breaks lined up - Poland, a Europa/Tripsdrill/Holiday Park trio, Phannyland, Northern France maybe but given the rapidly changing lockdown situation I just decided to take my chances in the summer and do it all in one go (well, most of it, FLY hadn't opened so Phannyland got dropped). Dragged Dr Dave and Monsieur Hipster along for the ride. Now you mention it, ALL of my park trips this year have been with Dr Dave!

Anyways, the stats:

CC at start of 2020: 363
CC at end of 2020: 391
New creds ridden: 28.
That's actually one more than I got last year, so I shouldn't really be complaining.

Parks visits. 11 (new in bold)
Alton Towers x 2 (1 pre lockdown, 1 scarefest).
BPB
Toverland
Walygator
Fraispertuis City

Europa Park
Tripsdrill
Holiday Park
Energylandia
Legendia
Zip World Fforest

Best new for 2020 coaster: Hans Gruber Kopf (by default).

Best new-to-me coaster. Hypadra. ?
Shout out to Expedition GeForce.

Best new-to-me park. Gonna go with Tripsdrill, but there's not much between them all really, each of them had something cool to offer.

Best park overall: Europa. Durr.

Best park day: I really enjoyed the double park days of Walygator/Fraispertuis and Tripsdrill/Holiday Park. 2 parks in a day is always kinda cool. Well, not always, but with small to medium sized parks it always feels like an accomplishment.

Best new non-coaster. Piraten en Batavia, but also a shout out to the Voletarium at Europa Park. Best flying theatre I've been on.

Proudest achievement. 5 countries, 2 theme parks and 315 miles... in 1 day! Wasn't even a hard day - left Maastricht at around 7.30am, was eating a steak dinner in Rust by 8.30pm. Piece of piss.

Best individual coaster lap: Gonna go with the final, night time rides on Hypadra. Yes, I still can't decide whether I prefer Zadra or Hyperion, they're both amazing, but interestingly, neither of them cracks my overall top 10. Top 10% yes, but not the actual top 10.

Comedy highlight: Getting locked out of our Airbnb in Rust at around midnight and resigning ourselves to sleeping on deck chairs in the garden ... until @Coaster Hipster , our little cat burglar, broke in by climbing through a window! Legend! ?
2nd place: Howie-Two-Schnitzels.

Most surprising moment: Hot Dog Guy operating the cred for us at Legendia.

Most surprising coaster: Arthur. I thought it was brilliant. Loved it.

Most disappointing coaster: Lech Coaster. To be fair, we've already established that it wasn't running at it's best. Cold, grey morning, no riders apart from me and Doc and 5, 10, maybe 20 minutes between dispatches. It just wasn't warming up.

Most exciting thing about 2021: Not being 2020 anymore.
But seriously, the Belgian duo, Velocicoaster and Pantheon. Obvs.

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
@Howie Arthur is indeed great. Kinda feels like a less intense version of Forbidden Journey.

Would love to see a Disney take on that ride system and I'm surprised there aren't more of them about.

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 72

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 146

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 74

- New parks visited in 2020: Energylandia, Legendia, Heide, Hansa, Europa, Rulantica, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park, Movie Park, Toverland, Efteling

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 18 (Alton Towers x2, Phantasialand x2, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Energylandia, Legendia, Heide, Hansa, Europa, Rulantica, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park, Movie Park, Toverland, Efteling, Walibi Holland)

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: F.L.Y

- Best new-to-you coaster: Zadra

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Highlander at Hansa park, just unreal to be on that tall a freestanding drop tower. I am not afraid of heights, but that made me actually nervous approaching the seat...

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Europa Park

- Best park visit: Energylandia was such a great day. 28 degrees all day, cheap beer, open for 14 hours, so we just rode everything and had the best time!

- Highlight of 2020: Getting to link up with my best friends in Germany and spend time with them at parks, especially the day at Hansa, just a fantastic day with one of my best friends & my partner riding Karnan over and over again

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Just getting to do the trips I've done! The year had been planned around my aim to go 100 concerts and do Orlando again, obviously that all got scrapped come March. So I only managed 28 gigs, however got SO many long awaited parks done which is really great and saw all my friends who I normally see at concerts in Germany

- Best individual coaster lap: Zadra back row in the dark around 10:30pm. We were EXHAUSTED and were just running round and round to get last laps in, it just hauled through the whole layout, we were just laughing and grinning when we slammed into the break run

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Piraten in Batavia is just wonderful, I hate using Disney as a bar because they generally are in a league of their own, however this is up there with the best of Disney dark rides (I haven't been to Disneyland LA or any of the Asian parks yet)

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Passed 100 creds and also finally rode Expedition GeForce! Which has been a goal of mine since I was a kid playing RCT

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Probably sat on the overnight flixbus with my partner, we'd just said goodbye to my friend Moni in Hamburg and were taking the long journey to make it to Europa Park for opening. Khloe had never travelled with me (started dating first weekend of 2020) and just sitting on that Flixbus felt like I was myself again, travelling overnight has always been what made my lifestyle work

- Most Surprising Coaster: Karnan, we went in blind and that was 100% the right thing to do!

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Walibi Belgium hyper

DelPiero

Strata Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 486

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 486

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 0

- New parks visited in 2020: 0

- Park visits in 2020: 1

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: N/A

- Best new-to-you coaster: N/A

- Favourite new ride (overall) of 2020: Did anything open? FLY I guess, no idea though as I'm avoiding the topic.

- Favourite new park of 2020: N/A

- Best park visit: Chessington with 3 of the kids - ****ing hell ?

- Highlight of 2020: New creds for the kids

- Biggest surprise of 2020: All the kids going on all the coasters, I expected at least 1 blouse

- Best individual coaster lap: Teds passing out on Dragons Fury ?

- Best new for 2020 Ride: N/A

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: N/A

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Did a Zoom quiz with my family who did a roller coaster round and got 10/10. #proudtobeagoon

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: I drove down to my Dad's house in Cornwall to play golf for the weekend, that was a nice 4 and a half hours each way.

- Most Surprising Coaster: N/A

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Velocicoaster - I even have looked up flights which is ridiculous considering where we still find ourselves.

The first year since 2011 that I haven't got a new cred. I have not enjoyed this year at all.

Indy

Hyper Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 482

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 507

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 25

- New parks visited in 2020: 4... Bay Beach, Adventureland (IA), Legoland Florida, and Lagoon

- Park visits in 2020: 10 total parks visited

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Orion by default

- Best new-to-you coaster: Cannibal

- Favourite new park of 2020: Lagoon

- Best park visit: Friday night at Lagoon. Everything was a walk-on and the park takes on a new life when the sun goes down.

- Highlight of 2020: Probably the front row night ride on Cannibal.

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Finally ticking off cred #500.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Either Fong's Pizza in Des Moines/Ankeny, or driving up to see the Bingham Canyon Mine in Utah. The drive alone felt like something out of a Top Gear/Grand Tour special.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Outlaw at Adventureland. Super fun and rambunctious. It felt more like a GCI than a CCI, which makes sense since it is a Mike Boodley design.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Unknown @ Bollywood

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ironically, my last park visit was December 31, 2019. Little did I know then...

- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 305

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 305

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 0

- New parks visited in 2020: 0

- Park visits in 2020: 0

- Favorite new coaster of 2020: I bought a really fun "Big Lebowski" joke coaster that says "Careful man, there's a beverage here!" Oh. You mean. Ya, none.

- Best new-to-you coaster: Nope

- Favorite new ride (overall) of 2020: No idea. Didn't Disneyland's Rise of the Resistance open in January? Ya, that.

- Favorite new park of 2020: :(

- Best park visit: Welp.

- Highlight of 2020: Ummmm

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Does the pandemic count as a surprise?

- Best individual coaster lap: N/A

- Best new for 2020 Ride: N/A

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: N/A

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Low-key, getting to absolutely no parks during 2020.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: I drove to random small towns in Mississippi while there during the summer. It was rather beautiful.

- Most Surprising Coaster: The lack thereof?

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: I think that Walibi Belgium's new Hyper looks the best for next year though I'm more excited for Velocicoaster since I could get to ride it within the next few years. But, I'd actually say Jersey Devil since I'll have an RMC at my home park ❤

The first year since I was a toddler that I haven't gotten to a single theme park in a year. Sigh.