What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's a nice looking ride in its own right. I think the two main issues are:
-It's right next to the superior-looking Junker
-The rumours / sky high wishes of what this could have been

Ultimately, it's fine and looks to be a fun ride, and in a couple of years no one really bat an eyelid about it, but it's just an odd choice all things considered.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
If the Finland live was still going ahead I bet the comments would be way more positive to get the hype up like earlier in the thread ;)

I think it looks decent, a watered down Karnan if you will. It's nice to see a solid layout not bogged down by gimmicks and inversions plus the lapbar Gerst trains ride really well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If the Finland live was still going ahead I bet the comments would be way more positive to get the hype up like earlier in the thread ;)
To be fair, that was before we knew what this thing really was. :p

Gazza

Giga Poster
You were faster than me with my own video! ?

I went to take some testing footage in the weekend as the park opened then. They still haven't told the name or any other information about the coaster. I really hate the way PowerPark markets even the bigger rides and don't tell any information about new rides and coasters until a few weeks before opening.
It was a cool video and thanks for uploading, but any chance of uploading a video where it's just start to finish in one tracking shot?

The whole time I was watching it, i was wanting to see the car keep going into the next element, but nope, lets jump back and watch the first drop 10x more.

Jussunen

Roller Poster
It was a cool video and thanks for uploading, but any chance of uploading a video where it's just start to finish in one tracking shot?

The whole time I was watching it, i was wanting to see the car keep going into the next element, but nope, lets jump back and watch the first drop 10x more.
Thank you for the feedback! I wanted to include all the angles so that lead to some repeat. I should've put one long run to the start and then trimmed clips. But here you go:
(a dog is barking in the background)

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks okay. Was this really supposed to be a family-thrill type ride? That big drop seems a bit too much for the kids or novice coaster riders. But then again the rest of the layout is just too drawn out or too tame. It actually kinda reminds me of Cheetah Hunt for similar reasons.

I actually wonder if they had an extra couple rows in the train, that would give the ride a bit more oomph throughout the layout.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
The name sounds more appropriate for an ice cream than for a coaster, in my opinion. But I guess if it is the name of an acrobatic plane, it is at least fitting well next to Junker.
Yeah a Pitt's Special is a very good BiPlane, Shame the layout doesn't match the name ey

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think this coaster may hold the world's record for confusing and pissing enthusiasts the most.

- Lack of announcement
- Bland colour scheme
- Uninspiring layout
- Bland name

Can't wait for them not to announce their next attraction so that people don't want to visit their park that is fuc* knows in the middle of Finland.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I was taking the train just now and we went past Powerpark. Can confirm that this "Pitts special" or whatever its name is is running with passengers.

Props to Powerpark for the single-worst opening of a new coaster- an instagram update
d5dc3d0957aa548d6cf88e9071d48a19.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk