What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

Lofty

CF Legend
I think it's going to be a really fun coaster for all of the family. Took my eye off the ball with construction, so it's good to see it complete

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can't say I'm a fan of the colour scheme but yeah I agree that this should be rather fun! I haven't stayed up to date on this, I assume it will have comfort collars?

Matt N

CF Legend
I agree with everyone else in saying it looks like a very fun coaster; there look to be some very nice pops of airtime and fun transitions in there! In a more uncommon opinion, however, I also rather like the colour scheme; I think it looks very vibrant!

So all in all, then, it’s thumbs up all round from me; I hope I can ride it in 2021!

Matt N

CF Legend
Who thinks this will open this year?
I think it still could, along with Iron Gwazi. The park is opening again on 11th June, so I guess we’ll see what they have to say on the matter once that happens. Iron Gwazi was pretty much ready to go bar a few days of testing before COVID hit, so I’d be surprised if that was delayed for construction reasons. Although that being said, Alton Towers was in the same sort of boat with Gangsta Granny, and they’ve now delayed that to 2021, so I guess we can’t be too sure.

I’m more intrigued to see what happens with the B&M, personally, as they had a big shipment of parts arrive in March... are they going to put the coaster up for 2021, or hold off until a later date?

mblack1994

Roller Poster
I can't say I'm a fan of the colour scheme but yeah I agree that this should be rather fun! I haven't stayed up to date on this, I assume it will have comfort collars?

Yeah, it has the comfort collars. Suppose it will make people more comfortable to ride it.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
I think it still could, along with Iron Gwazi. The park is opening again on 11th June, so I guess we’ll see what they have to say on the matter once that happens. Iron Gwazi was pretty much ready to go bar a few days of testing before COVID hit, so I’d be surprised if that was delayed for construction reasons. Although that being said, Alton Towers was in the same sort of boat with Gangsta Granny, and they’ve now delayed that to 2021, so I guess we can’t be too sure.

I’m more intrigued to see what happens with the B&M, personally, as they had a big shipment of parts arrive in March... are they going to put the coaster up for 2021, or hold off until a later date?
I think if ice breaker doesn’t get delayed then they’ll build the surf coaster in 2021 as that seems to be their next investment after ice breaker and I doubt they would open ice breaker in 2020 but open nothing in 2021. 2020 would be the only year they open nothing

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Was just watching Midway Mayhem's Sea World construction update. In this he said the ride's opening had been delayed due to outside circumstances which he said he wasn't going to go into. In the comments someone said it was because Premier Rides were suing SeaWorld- anyone know anything about this?!

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Was just watching Midway Mayhem's Sea World construction update. In this he said the ride's opening had been delayed due to outside circumstances which he said he wasn't going to go into. In the comments someone said it was because Premier Rides were suing SeaWorld- anyone know anything about this?!
No I don’t but I’m interested, this could be very bad though, hope it opens soon

Jstanich

Roller Poster
From what I understand Sea World has stopped paying pretty much all contractors that they had doing work at all the parks during the shutdown. And they’re getting sued by a lot more than just Premier. It was being discussed a lot on the ParkFans forum.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh dear... this doesn’t sound good. I’m sure they’ll pay the contractors now that the parks are open again, but I must admit it’s very rare that you hear about manufacturers suing parks!