What's new

Hypothetical:if the uk was part of the us what uk coasters would be ranked amongst

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster
if uk for some reason became a us state what uk costers would coinsdred amongst the best in the best in the us my five faily obvious they are Nemesis,Stealth,Wicker Man,The Swarm,Icon

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Not many, We do need to remember the size difference of the countries, so most likely Nemesis and Icon and that's it.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
As others have said only Nemesis would be cracking peoples lists. I imagine Smiler would be fairly well known like it is in the UK for the novelty and overall brand. All other UK thrill coasters are bettered by US counterparts or are bland examples of their ride types.

The UK coasters are fine for us on our small little island, we do ok. But obviously we have nothing on the States.

Niles

Giga Poster
If we were a state we would defiantly be known for our oddness and historical coasters, not so much for a world class line up.

We have a lot of old woodies and historic parks still around that are worth a visit, I think the strange and unique coasters like the ultimate, Tyrolean tubtwist and ziggy’s blast quest would be what we are known for, less so the merlin park coasters. The merlin parks while not having the most thrilling coasters would be a draw due to the themeing.

Matt N

CF Legend
If I had to guess, I'd actually say that I'm not sure if any would rank in the properly high end. People are mentioning Nemesis, but I could personally see that having similar sort of reception to some of the higher-rated B&M looping rides in America; rides like Montu, Kumba and Afterburn, amongst others. None of those really make top 10s of those who've ridden lots of American coasters, but they seem to be rated pretty highly regardless, and I would guess that Nemesis would likely fall into a similar praise bracket. Icon I could see going alongside Copperhead Strike and Time Traveler, so that might be a potential candidate, and I must admit that I'm not really sure about many of the others. I could see The Ultimate potentially being a candidate for some, as there's nothing quite like that ride anywhere else in the world.

Don't get me wrong, there are many UK coasters that I absolutely love and think are absolutely great rides, but on the USA stage, compared with some of the highly revered rides in America, I'm not really sure which ones would stand out.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If I had to guess, I'd actually say that I'm not sure if any would rank in the properly high end. People are mentioning Nemesis, but I could personally see that having similar sort of reception to some of the higher-rated B&M looping rides in America; rides like Montu, Kumba and Afterburn, amongst others. None of those really make top 10s of those who've ridden lots of American coasters, but they seem to be rated pretty highly regardless, and I would guess that Nemesis would likely fall into a similar praise bracket. Icon I could see going alongside Copperhead Strike and Time Traveler, so that might be a potential candidate, and I must admit that I'm not really sure about many of the others. I could see The Ultimate potentially being a candidate for some, as there's nothing quite like that ride anywhere else in the world.

Don't get me wrong, there are many UK coasters that I absolutely love and think are absolutely great rides, but on the USA stage, compared with some of the highly revered rides in America, I'm not really sure which ones would stand out.
Just take a look at the ElloCoaster Poll or old Mitch Hawker Polls, and see which one English coaster comes out on top. ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
if uk for some reason became a us state what uk costers would coinsdred amongst the best in the best in the us my five faily obvious they are Nemesis,Stealth,Wicker Man,The Swarm,Icon
Please put a little more effort into your writing in future posts. Things like capitalization, punctuation, spaces or spelling aren't optional, they're fairly necessary for your post to be legible. We can understand if you're struggling with dyslexia or something, but if you are able to write more coherently than this, please do so.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
None of the uk coasters would stand a chance against US coasters. And I’m not even going to say nemesis because I don’t rate nemesis in the slightest (not really a fan of b&m inverts to be honest)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Nemesis would be among the top inverts. The Ultimate would stand out as a novelty coaster. Nothing else.

Heth

Mega Poster
Yeah, just because something stands out locally doesn't mean it'll stand out in a different context. I'm sure Nemesis would be high ranking (as suggested by Mitch Hawker polls) but I'm not convinced much else would really. Personally I enjoy Wicker Man more, but I know that's not the general consensus. That's not to say the rides would be bad in comparison, just unremarkable.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Personally I enjoy Wicker Man more, but I know that's not the general consensus.
Right, rides can be fun even if they arent standout, and you can still appreciate rides other people might not. But if you were going to compare Wicker to any other US woodie of it's size, where would it fall. Outside of themed elements I could still see *most* of the GCI's out pacing it.

Last edited: