What's new

Knightmare is now scrap metal, y'all can stop wondering

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I’d say the full reason it probably never moved cause it costed a bomb in renovations and the longer it was in the elements the more expensive the whole taking down of the track and then taking it to a place to get refurbished would then cost even more then by the time you’ve essentially done that it’s the cost of putting it into place putting the ride electronics on and what not it all adds up.

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
It's such a complete shame about Knightmare, wish I went to Camelot before it closed. Would be awesome if they could recreate this (alongside other Schwarzkopf models), and place them in a park like Dreamland (which should have remained historical, rather than get modern Zamperla rides, imo). :/

EDIT: Even though on Interlink, it says the ride has been sold:

Attachments

• BMR X Coaster.jpg
    BMR X Coaster.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Overrated coaster. The rosy tint people have when they see this ride is something I’ll never understand! Could be argued that the £3m cost of this ride contributed to Camelot closing. As Peet said, “closure” is finally here.

The demolition photo is lovely though - looks really neat.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Another vote for it being a lukewarm ride.
Got paid to ride this a lot on work time, sometimes overtime, so it was worth it I suppose!
If I did rank coasters, I wouldn't put this one in my top fifty ridden.
Weird layout was the best you could say.

Lofty

CF Legend
Overrated coaster. The rosy tint people have when they see this ride is something I’ll never understand! Could be argued that the £3m cost of this ride contributed to Camelot closing. As Peet said, “closure” is finally here.

The demolition photo is lovely though - looks really neat.
THIS. It's the same with 90% of the ****ty Schwartzkopf (yes I know this was Zierer) coasters that are still existing. As an enthusiast, it's as though you've got to like them for nostalgia, let's just call it for what it is, this ride was a pile of dog **** - not even a steaming pile... a cold, white, frozen pile of poo.