What's new

Six Flags 2020 Announcements

Hutch

Strata Poster
I mean, I'm not disappointed in any of it. Overall, their additions haven't been too exciting in the past so it would be foolish to get your hopes up. That being said, I am surprised with the new Raptor. It looks like a great ride, although I admit it is a little hard to be excited for it given the park it's in.

The Mack Powersplash is cool. They're pretty unique rides and look like they could actually be pretty solid. I hope they don't put those in every park, but I'd be fine if just a couple more popped up in the future.

The flat rides aren't too exciting but they're all solid additions nonetheless. You can't go wrong with flats honestly.

It's also nice to not see a new free spin or a Larson loop, but that's probably because they've more or less run out of parks to give one. (Oh that's right La Ronde is getting Green Lantern, lol).

Overall, it's fine, but just not that exciting. At least they still have RMC.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
You did see the RMC, right? Looks miles better than Maxx Force...

I don't know, that launch looks pretty amazing. The RMC looks great, it looks like an amazing ride. However, it's fairly short, there's nothing groundbreaking about it, and basically that exact spline could be made into Topper Track. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the elements and layout, but I'm disappointed in the lack of creativity given the freedom on an all steel system. Wooden supports accommodate less elements naturally.

I would of like to have seen elements that are harder to support on a wooden system and more original, like on what Railblazer has. I'm not saying ditch the out and back, air time focused layout.

Also, the size and capacity. In 15 years, SF won't have high capacity, world class, mega coasters to rely on as backup for cheap investments.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know, that launch looks pretty amazing. The RMC looks great, it looks like an amazing ride. However, it's fairly short, there's nothing groundbreaking about it, and basically that exact spline could be made into Topper Track. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the elements and layout, but I'm disappointed in the lack of creativity given the freedom on an all steel system. Wooden supports accommodate less elements naturally.

I would of like to have seen elements that are harder to support on a wooden system and more original, like on what Railblazer has. I'm not saying ditch the out and back, air time focused layout.

Also, the size and capacity. In 15 years, SF won't have high capacity, world class, mega coasters to rely on as backup for cheap investments.
Are you for real?

This is by no means short, have you seen WWGLC and Railblazer? And you have to be mad to take Maxx Force over this, please tell me you've been on a Raptor to have this slightly absurd opinion? Also, I hardly think 4 trains of 12 riders will be a capacity nightmare. It's the same as having 2 trains of 24, the same as most other RMCs the same scale.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Are you for real?

This is by no means short, have you seen WWGLC and Railblazer? And you have to be mad to take Maxx Force over this, please tell me you've been on a Raptor to have this slightly absurd opinion? Also, I hardly think 4 trains of 12 riders will be a capacity nightmare. It's the same as having 2 trains of 24, the same as most other RMCs the same scale.

I agree with him. Great little airtime coaster, but after initially impressing me with the off ride footage, the on ride POV was disappointing. It’s just a raptor version of the same old thing RMC has been doing forever now.
I’m glad Great Adventure got their RMC , but it’s not a ride I’d travel there to ride. It’s straightforward RMC with no real surprises.

I might change my mind once it’s built, but I’d take something like Lech Coaster over this. That ride snaps! Literally!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Oh, boo. ****ing. Who.

The entitlement from you two is ****ing ridiculous. You want this as a topper? Same elements as we've seen before?

You know the only thing stopping WW from being my hands down #1? A stall and an air hill. WW is ****ing gold standard. A topper will cost a lot more. Take out the wood, use one rail, and a few thin steel guys and that's it. Y'all killin me.

Seriously...****ting on a ****ing raptor.

I thought KI fanboys were the worst.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John Knotts

Mega Poster
LMAO... Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't just fall in line?‍♀️

I'm not all that impressed with any of the announcements from either Six Flags or Cedar Fair. Sea World/Busch upstaged them this year.

Last edited:

BBH

Giga Poster
That Raptor looks in-****ing-sane and I'm excited that Mack PowerSplashes are coming stateside. The rest is wholly unsurprising and unremarkable, aside from the hilarious Green Lantern relocation.

JamesB

Mega Poster
Interesting that Magic Mountain didn't get a mention. I wonder if West Coast Racers will get advertised as new for 2020 depending on when it finally opens!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
TBF both WW and RB do have an air hill, but they're very twisted. However, that twisted air hill is better than pretty much every normal hill RMC has made so I'm not complaining.
I can confirm, as on Saturday and Sunday I rode Wonder Woman at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! On another note, here's a picture of the future site for Dare Devil Dive as rumored by @Cranedude. According to him, Texas Gunslinger will be moved to "near Pandemonium", with Dare Devil Dive taking its place. This makes sense, given the positioning of the ride in the brief animation we have of it. Texas Gunslinger was operating on both days when I went, so it's not being taken down for relocation just yet.

image0.jpg

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Are you for real?

I meant short height wise.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
As in, there is more than one PowerSplash? :p (Checking RCDB, there are two additional coasters under construction in China)
Not that I like being pedantic (I lie I'm British of course I do) but I've had quite a bit of wine and its a pet peeve of mine.
One is for China and the other is for South Korea. I know they are both in the same rough direction but they are different countries :p

sirloin

Roller Poster
It's hard for me to get excited for anything Six Flags does these days. I think the Raptor looks pretty stellar, and I'm glad that the trains are longer and that there are more of them, but I fear the odds that all those trains will operate are pretty slim. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I just wish they'd focus less on something new every year, especially considering how many of them are amped-up carnival rides, some of which don't even run past a year or two (SFOT's Harley Quinn or whatever it is being a noteworthy example). Save the money, add rides to only a few parks, and invest the remainder in sprucing up/repairing what's already there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have now moved/renamed all of the Six Flags threads I found this morning:

Let me know if you spot any errors in the names, etc, and we'll get them fixed. I couldn't spot topics for the other water slides, so haven't bothered setting those up. If someone is particularly interested (I'm not...), go for it. :p

barrysingh101

Roller Poster
Based on the announcement, there seems to be a strong focus on waterpark additions rather than new roller coasters. There is also a healthy dose of new flat rides. After years of not adding flat rides to the mix, it is very interesting to see Six Flags invest so heavily in them this season with half a dozen new purchases from Zamperla. There will be five new flat rides; 2 Discovery, 2 Endeavours and 1 Super Air Race, plus the purchase of a new Spinning Mouse Coaster. shareit https://get-vidmateapk.com

Last edited:
Based on the announcement, there seems to be a strong focus on waterpark additions rather than new roller coasters. There is also a healthy dose of new flat rides. After years of not adding flat rides to the mix, it is very interesting to see Six Flags invest so heavily in them this season with half a dozen new purchases from Zamperla. There will be five new flat rides; 2 Discovery, 2 Endeavours and 1 Super Air Race, plus the purchase of a new Spinning Mouse Coaster.
Plus the two Funtime booster type rides at Great Escape and St Louis

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Last edited: