What's new

Accident at Alton Towers

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Yep, have always landed on the lawns in front of the towers.

But I guess if needed, they could clear and use a staff car park such as the one behind the towers / cloud cuckoo land?
Hmm yeah maybe but the problem with that is that if the car park is full of cars then it would take a considerable amount of time for everyone to remove their cars to make it a safe landing spot.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hmm yeah maybe but the problem with that is that if the car park is full of cars then it would take a considerable amount of time for everyone to remove their cars to make it a safe landing spot.
They would be unlikely to need to do it anyway, think there was 3 or 4 on the lawn in 2015

JoshC.

Strata Poster
All major parks in the UK have a designated helicopter landing area for emergency situations. These places must be easy to clear of people, easy to access and kept as clear as possible at all times.

They wouldn't use an in use car park or anything like that.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
All major parks in the UK have a designated helicopter landing area for emergency situations. These places must be easy to clear of people, easy to access and kept as clear as possible at all times.

They wouldn't use an in use car park or anything like that.
Exactly ?

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I thought we were just speculating on alternatives? For example, what would they do on Fireworks night? Or during concerts... Cleary there must be an alternative option planned. ;)

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I thought we were just speculating on alternatives? For example, what would they do on Fireworks night? Or during concerts... Cleary there must be an alternative option planned. ;)
I'd guess they keep some of the main car park clear- I'll have to have a look next time I'm at Tower's fireworks!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
They've paid up then:

Really quite surprised to learn that it's taken this long for Merlin to cough up. Whatever your opinion of Balch, it sounds like securing this payout has been quite the ordeal, not to mention the accident itself. One would hope that Merlin have at least been picking up the medical bills thus far?
No mention of the other crash victims though. ?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
They've paid up then:

Really quite surprised to learn that it's taken this long for Merlin to cough up. Whatever your opinion of Balch, it sounds like securing this payout has been quite the ordeal, not to mention the accident itself. One would hope that Merlin have at least been picking up the medical bills thus far?
No mention of the other crash victims though. ?

to be fair it looks like it is a process that is required to be completed before a payout, and it does say she was relieved when she was finally able to accept. Plus, they also received a very large payment immediately after the accident, that was seperate to any compo, she spoke about how good they’d been with that immediate payout on TV.