What's new

What is worst coaster ever?

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
What is the worst wood coaster ever and why? What wood coaster is the shakiest and roughest, most painful to the body, and it feel like a car accident and going over tons of potholes and why?

[Edit: Moved to correct forum.]

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I would have said Robin Hood in Walibi Holland for me personally, but it got RMC'ed luckily!

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
I would have said Robin Hood in Walibi Holland for me personally, but it got RMC'ed luckily!
Why was Robin Hood the worst coaster ever? Did it feel like riding over big potholes and really shaky and roughest ever? Was it worse then son of beast at kings island?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Psyclone at SFMM earned itself it's own level in hell after the Northridge quake ****ed it way back when.

Demon at CGA if you want a steel since title is vague.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
Psyclone at SFMM earned itself it's own level in hell after the Northridge quake ****ed it way back when.

Demon at CGA if you want a steel since title is vague.

What year was the north ridge earthquake?. What year was the ride on psyclone really aweful and shakiest and roughest?. Was riding psyclone like riding over tons of big potholes and being in a car accident? Was psyclone more shakier and rough then son of beast?. Is the demon the most he’s coaster ever?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
What year was the north ridge earthquake?. What year was the ride on psyclone really aweful and shakiest and roughest?. Was riding psyclone like riding over tons of big potholes and being in a car accident? Was psyclone more shakier and rough then son of beast?. Is the demon the most he’s coaster ever?
1994. Never rode before but it was janky as **** and trimmed to hell. The ride was ass.

Matt N

CF Legend
It might be worth noting that this one is 84 years old, but my present least favourite wooden coaster is Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach; it was incredibly rough when I rode last year. The layout is quite good, but I just found it too rough for me to fully enjoy.

But if you want overall, I'd go with Infusion in the same park.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Pretty close between Condor at Walibi Holland and Hero* at Flamingo Land for me.

*Hero is the only Volare I've ridden, so maybe it's just Volares in general.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think I'm inclined to agree with Matt, I'm having trouble thinking of a worse full sized coaster than the Grand National to be honest. And I'm an old git, have ridden it many times over many years and it's always been atrocious. It was bad 35 years ago, it was bad 20 years ago, it was bad 10 years ago. I think I had 1 just-about-bearable ride on it about 8 years ago, but that was a one-off. It was bad again 5 years ago, and it was just as bad as ever back in May at the Live.
In fact, I don't know why I even bother riding it anymore. I'd be quite happy to see it go the same way as the Mouse. For the record, I didn't like that either.

Ghost Rider was horrible back in 2010, but it's been retracked since then and is apparently much better now.

Gwazi rode like a jackhammer in 2007. Only one side was open (Can't even remember which side), but if the other side had been open, I wouldn't have ridden it. Gross. Something tells me I might be popping back at some point though to give Gwazi another try. I hear it's having a little bit of work done to it?

And finally, shout out to Bandit. One of the roughest coasters out there but somehow, don't ask me how, but somehow Bandit manages to make it funny. :D

Snoo

The Legend
The Villain at Geauga Lake.

Full stop. End of discussion.

Never have I been on such a bad ride in my life and I don't know if another ride could ever top it. Never was I in such physical pain after riding that ride.. not just one time.. but on numerous attempts hoping for the best. Front, back, middle.. didn't matter. The whole ride was cancer. I miss GL but I'm GLAD they tore that piece of crap down.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
For me, It's got to be a Chance Toboggan and a Volare, specifically Time Warp at Canada's Wonderland - so awful as Volares are but this one is the worst of the three I've ridden.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Villain at Geauga Lake.

Full stop. End of discussion.

Never have I been on such a bad ride in my life and I don't know if another ride could ever top it. Never was I in such physical pain after riding that ride.. not just one time.. but on numerous attempts hoping for the best. Front, back, middle.. didn't matter. The whole ride was cancer. I miss GL but I'm GLAD they tore that piece of crap down.
Son of Beast was truly the worst coaster....ever

Agree on both ends here. Villain was the equivalent of building a GCI twister with square wheels, and Son of Beast proved building a world record coaster in-house can produce disastrous outcomes.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think I'm inclined to agree with Matt, I'm having trouble thinking of a worse full sized coaster than the Grand National to be honest. And I'm an old git, have ridden it many times over many years and it's always been atrocious. It was bad 35 years ago, it was bad 20 years ago, it was bad 10 years ago. I think I had 1 just-about-bearable ride on it about 8 years ago, but that was a one-off. It was bad again 5 years ago, and it was just as bad as ever back in May at the Live.
In fact, I don't know why I even bother riding it anymore. I'd be quite happy to see it go the same way as the Mouse. For the record, I didn't like that either.
I must admit I'm surprised to hear that Grand National has always been rough; a lot of people imply that its roughness is a fairly recent thing! I can understand the appeal of the National, but I just found it far too rough for my liking; as sad as I am to say it, it's definitely my least favourite wooden coaster of the 7 I've done. Despite this, I prefer it to Big One, Steeplechase and Infusion within the park, and it presently ranks at #58 of the 66 coasters I've done.

My least favourite overall coaster is Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, which definitely lived up to the reputation of Vekoma SLCs as far as I'm concerned, despite its visual appeal!

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
Condor is probably the roughest Coaster I've been on but for pain, Smiler has it beaten - A massive backache, num legs, track profiling that would embarrass Arrow Dynamics and it also crushes the gentleman's area.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Dragon at Adventureland, it was rough with headbanging even on the first turn, and went downhill from there. The harnesses had no give either.
Never again.

Megafobia at Oakwood was rough as is the Antelope at Gullivers but the most painful woodie I've been on is the Big Dipper at BPB. I want to like BPB so much but it has such a collection of really painful rides I just struggle to visit too often and it's only an hour away for me. In fact if Nick land wasn't there for the kids and Valhalla and Icon I doubt I'd make the effort.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Roughest coaster i done is antelope
How it manages to be rough before you even get to lift hill / first drop is beyond me.

Last edited: