What's new

Dreamland, Margate: New rides for 2018

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
The Zamperla Endeavour (suspended enterprise thing) and Air Race have now tested. Soriani who have manufactured the rides as Sub-Contract from Zamperla will continue load testing these for a few more days. Everything else is now open.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Dreamland? Opening another Spinning Wild Mouse?
Yeah, bit of a shame that they didn't go for something a bit more adventurous from the Zamperla line-up. A Motorcoaster would've been a decent option and a far better attraction than yet another spinning mouse. Maybe they'll get something like that if this deal they have with the company is successful? To be fair the drop tower and other flat rides look to be sensible additions.

Last edited:

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Forgot to mention that the drop tower should now be open also. Zamperla engineer was there last week fine tuning it and running through the ride cycles (5 in total). Some really decent long cycles and some relatively intense ones too. Makes a nice change from the standard S&S ones seen in the UK.

stuart

Roller Poster
Forgot to mention that the drop tower should now be open also. Zamperla engineer was there last week fine tuning it and running through the ride cycles (5 in total). Some really decent long cycles and some relatively intense ones too. Makes a nice change from the standard S&S ones seen in the UK.

Drop tower wasn't open yesterday, it's apparently being signed off today though.
We rode Pendulum, Air Race and Endeavour (Dreamcatcher) yesterday. All great additions but Pendulum is bloody awesome. Very intense and lots of fun.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Visited today, quick review.

Tried a few of the new rides, the endeavor was my favourite. Obviously inspired by the enterprise this gives a bit of a different ride experience imo as you feel a bit more free and get more of a "flight" experience. The air race was fun too. Both great additions that bring back thrill flats to the park after a period of absence. The wild mouse was fine, not such a fan of the zamperla restraints and the amount of structure close to your head if you sit on the side as this particular one has a sharp brake 2/3rds of the way through (and also to an extent at the end) but it's fine and looks smart. All of the new rides have smart colour schemes and look nice. I didn't get round to doing the drop tower but it has a really weird cycle where it faffs around going up halfway sometimes or dropping halfway on some other occasions. It didn't *look* too forceful but it has considerable height and seemed to speed up nearer the lower part of the tower on some drops. The caterpillar (littleboys recently restored ride) was down was down, but it looked nice. The scenic and speedway were also down, which was a shame but I've got the scenic cred and came primarily to get the other two creds and see the new rides so it was ok.

I visited last a bit over two years ago, back when they had the enterprise and top spin on loan for the season. The park definitely looks and feels a lot more put together than it did then, they've even built a fancy looking toilet block! lol. The park was busy today (as was the seafront and beach) so it was nice to see that it appears to be doing well. Hopefully they'll be less stories of debt and financial trouble in the future.

stuart

Roller Poster
Visited today, quick review.

Tried a few of the new rides, the endeavor was my favourite. Obviously inspired by the enterprise this gives a bit of a different ride experience imo as you feel a bit more free and get more of a "flight" experience. The air race was fun too. Both great additions that bring back thrill flats to the park after a period of absence. The wild mouse was fine, not such a fan of the zamperla restraints and the amount of structure close to your head if you sit on the side as this particular one has a sharp brake 2/3rds of the way through (and also to an extent at the end) but it's fine and looks smart. All of the new rides have smart colour schemes and look nice. I didn't get round to doing the drop tower but it has a really weird cycle where it faffs around going up halfway sometimes or dropping halfway on some other occasions. It didn't *look* too forceful but it has considerable height and seemed to speed up nearer the lower part of the tower on some drops. The caterpillar (littleboys recently restored ride) was down was down, but it looked nice. The scenic and speedway were also down, which was a shame but I've got the scenic cred and came primarily to get the other two creds and see the new rides so it was ok.

I visited last a bit over two years ago, back when they had the enterprise and top spin on loan for the season. The park definitely looks and feels a lot more put together than it did then, they've even built a fancy looking toilet block! lol. The park was busy today (as was the seafront and beach) so it was nice to see that it appears to be doing well. Hopefully they'll be less stories of debt and financial trouble in the future.

You didn't mention Pendulum? Did you have a go? It's my favourite addition... the extreme thrill Dreamland was missing, in my opinion!

Any idea why the Scenic was down? It was running well last Saturday so hopefully it's nothing too serious.

The drop tower cycle looks a bit unusual off ride but when you ride it kind of makes sense. You bounce higher and higher until you're eventually dropped from the very top, half way a few times then all the way down. I found it a great way to get rid of a hangover!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
You didn't mention Pendulum? Did you have a go? It's my favourite addition... the extreme thrill Dreamland was missing, in my opinion!

Any idea why the Scenic was down? It was running well last Saturday so hopefully it's nothing too serious.

The drop tower cycle looks a bit unusual off ride but when you ride it kind of makes sense. You bounce higher and higher until you're eventually dropped from the very top, half way a few times then all the way down. I found it a great way to get rid of a hangover!

Nope, didn't ride pendulum. It looked a bit gross on the pov and it was quite busy so just didn't bother lol. No idea about the scenic, didn't ask. The train was at the bottom of the lift behind the rocket jet ride. Good to hear the drop tower is ok.