What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Matt N

CF Legend
My top ten is currently as follows:
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  3. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  4. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018.
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  6. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  7. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - The Hulk is a great ride! I like the launch, it packs a good force to it and the onboard audio is a great touch! An interesting note is that the ride was more rattly than I would have expected from a coaster that had literally reopened after retracking earlier in the month (when I rode), but was nothing unbearable.
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode!
  9. Megafobia (Oakwood) - Megafobia is the only wooden roller coaster I've ridden (that is set to change in 2018!) and it is an awesome ride! It's really quite wild with quite a bit of decent airtime. In terms of airtime alone, it's probably second only to Mako, but Mako is in a different league in terms of airtime. One real detracting point from Megafobia, however, is the turns. They are unbanked, so they provide a horrible jerky sensation when the ride turns, sort of like on a Wild Mouse. It did rattle quite a bit, but less than I would expect from a 21 year old woodie.
  10. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) - Kumba is a really great ride, but I don't remember it maintaining its pace as well as Kraken did. It's smooth for its age and packs a punch. I think I may need to reride Kumba in the future, as I only managed to get one ride.
So, that is my top ten. I admit that I may have some slightly strange opinions compared to all of you, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. For all I know, there might be someone reading this who thinks that Mako is a pile of trash and Colossus at Thorpe Park (my current least favourite coaster) is amazing! Also, some of these are quite interchangeable/very closely matched. I would say that the last 3 or 4 are quite closely matched. On a completely random side note, I don't think I currently expect SW8 to change this list at all. It might really surprise me, for all I know, but I'm expecting it to be high top 20 at the very most (for me, that is, not top 20 worldwide. I've only ridden 39 coasters.) Granted, there is no video footage of it testing, currently. If I get to visit Blackpool next year, then Icon will probably make this list, but I can't judge before I ride!
Well, I have to update this list because on 25th March 2018, an unexpected fantastic coaster crept its way into my top 10...
My top ten is currently as follows (the new addition is in bold):
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  3. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  4. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018.
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  6. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  7. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - The Hulk is a great ride! I like the launch, it packs a good force to it and the onboard audio is a great touch! An interesting note is that the ride was more rattly than I would have expected from a coaster that had literally reopened after retracking earlier in the month (when I rode), but was nothing unbearable.
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode!
  9. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) - Well, well, well... I think Wicker Man might possibly be one of the most surprising attractions I've ridden in a while! During its construction, I was expecting a similar level of thrill to Thirteen from this ride, but I remained cautiously optimistic. And I was right to, as Wicker Man is a fantastic ride! It's pretty wild, and actually quite forceful in portions, even if not quite as forceful as Megafobia! The ride also had 2 pretty good pops of airtime following the not-so-boring corner, even though the airtime is not as strong for me as Megafobia's. The reason I prefer this to Megafobia, though, is because; it's smoother, with more comfortable trains; the transitions are much better and more thrilling than Megafobia's and just because I think I enjoyed the ride just a little bit more than I enjoyed Megafobia. Overall, Wicker Man is absolutely fantastic, and it really makes me want to ride more GCIs in the future.
  10. Megafobia (Oakwood) - Megafobia is was the only wooden roller coaster I'd ridden (that is set to change in 2018!) and it is an awesome ride! It's really quite wild with quite a bit of decent airtime. In terms of airtime alone, it's probably second only to Mako, but Mako is in a different league in terms of airtime. One real detracting point from Megafobia, however, is the turns. They are unbanked, so they provide a horrible jerky sensation when the ride turns, sort of like on a Wild Mouse. It did rattle quite a bit, but less than I would expect from a 21 year old woodie.
EDIT: How do I do the thing where you cross words out?
EDIT AGAIN: Found it!

Last edited:

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Have only been on the 93 but my top 10 for perusal and comments:

10) Stealth ( Thorpe Park)- Speedway theming with a fast forceful launch, cool top hat element with a nice breathless moment at the top. Fun every time I've ridden

9) Swarm (Thorpe Park)- Amazing theming, love the feeling of wing coasters, the near miss bits are great on this as well

8) Gatekeeper ( Cedar Point) - Just a bigger and better version of Swarm (without the awesome theming is the only downside), great how it has the near miss element element over the entrance

7) Valravyn ( Cedar Point) - Like every dive coaster I have ridden and this has to be the biggest and best, there is a great view of the park and across Lake Erie, its really smooth as would be expected and the drop is just ace

6) Hulk ( Universal Islands of Adventure)- This is prior to the reboot, but I just loved this ride, the fast launch, the theming, the forceful inversions and all the little touches such as the sound effects make this a really fun ride

5) Millennium Force ( Cedar Point)- Its legendary its really high, its really fast, you feel it all the way round, why only at 5? think its because it was the ride I wanted to ride the most in the world and I expected a 10 and I only got a 9. It was really good but I expected my mind to be blown

4) Mystic Timbers ( Kings Island) Not usually a fan of wooden coasters but this is so smooth despite all the twists and turns throwing you all over the place, on another woody I would be holding on tight to stop being bashed to bits but on this I did nothing but enjoy a fantastic ride.

3) Behemoth ( Canada's Wonderland)- really smooth, good airtime hills, great breathless moment on the first drop. Just overall a really good ride

2) Diamondback ( Kings Island) - All the same good qualities as Behemoth but with a better location and a splashdown bit at the end gives Diamondback the number 2 spot

1) Leviathan ( Canada's Wonderland)- A man amongst boys for every other coaster I have ridden, it was just so much better than the others, faster, smoother and just altogether and a thrilling and fun experience. The type of coaster you could ride for days

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Some BIG Changes:

10: Magnum XL-200

When I rode Magnum yesterday for the first time in 2 years, I found the Airtime to be exceptional. No sentimental value here, it's just really fun! The reason it's not higher is it can be really shaky. Not rough, but the cars tend to shuffle on the drop, the second hill, and the turnaround. First two hills give little to no airtime where I sat, but the rest was phenomenal! Easily my favorite Arrow coaster.

I found this to be worse than the pepsi max, it just hurt. Im quite a tall guy so maybe the restraints don't punch the heck out of you throughout hence more enjoyment?

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
My first time visit at SFOG has changed up my coaster rankings quite a bit.

1: Fury 325
2: Lightning Rod
3: Twisted Colossus
4: Skyrush
5: Phoenix
6: Full Throttle
7: Xcelerator
8: Kumba
9: Montu
10: Afterburn
11: Space Mountain (WDW)
12: Goliath (SFOG)
13: Storm Runner
14: Intimidator
15: Mako
16: Apollo’s Chariot
17: Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
18: Mind Bender (SFOG)
19: Alpengeist
20: Griffon
21: White Lightning
22: X2
23: Tatsu
24: Expedition Everest
25: Verbolten

James F

Hyper Poster
I have been on 118 coasters so far, While my list is below my comment anyway I wanted to give reasoning as to why they are there and why they rank so highly for me.

I will be visiting Hansa Park in June and I might be going to Phantasialand in November, as well as Alton Towers and Blackpool, so my list will probably change a bit by the end of this year. Anyway my top 10 are ...

10: Cheetah Hunt: This ride was really quite a surprise for me when I visited Busch Gardens in 2014. Looking at the pov's of the ride and hearing reactions from other enthusiasts that this was a "family coaster" I figured that this ride wouldn't have any intensity to it, but as soon as the ride took that snappy launch out of the station my expectations were subverted. The ride is fast, smooth, graceful and even has a few moments of airtime and is more intense than one would expect. Most of all I loved how the layout spreads out across the "zoo" area of the park. The three launches and terrain interactions really makes you feel that your going on some sort of journey, similar to a cheetah hunting for it's prey in the African Savannah.

9: Balder: I have to admit, the first time I went on Balder I was a little disappointed, after all this is coaster that I have been wanting to ride since I was 10 and it is a coaster which is highly ranked by most enthusiasts. I thought that the ride's airtime would be really extreme similar to what I had heard of El Toro, but I found that the airtime was not as intense as I expected and the ride to be quite sluggish overall after my first ride. Later on in the day when I re-rode it and started to understand why people love this ride so much. It's not the intensity of the airtime, but rather how substantiated it is throughout the layout, each hill on this ride is guaranteed to give you airtime. I wish it was more intense, but it's still a really fun ride. I would recommend riding this on the front row at night, because the pacing improves dramatically after the ride has been running all day, plus that the ride feels faster at the front.

8: Rock N Roller Coaster (WDW): I know many of you will not agree with this pick, but for me Rock N Roller Coaster holds a sentimental value for me as it was my first "high thrill" roller coaster. The tie-in with Aerosmith maybe one of the most bizarre IP's Disney has ever done, but it worked on 6 year old me. I became an Aerosmith fan after riding this coaster. Love the theme of rushing to a concert in a limousine; very unique. I have been on the clone at DLP, but I am not as much of a fan of that version because the theme of being in a music video while riding a coaster just doesn't make any sense to me. Overall I love it because of the speed, the smoothness (Good work Vekoma!), The theming and of course the soundtrack!

7: Stealth: Another controversial pick. Yes, it's short, but what would you rather have a short but intense 200ft+ coaster which gives you an adrenaline rush or a long drawn out snooze fest? (looking at you Big One)

6: Silver Star: Similar to Cheetah Hunt I had fairly low exceptions for this ride as I heard it was one of the weakest B&M hyper's. This ride is fantastic, I don't understand people when they say this ride lacks airtime, it's full of it!, especially in the back row. You even get a bit of ejector after the mid-course break run. I think when this ride opened a lot of the trims were in affect which made the ride more tame then it is today, which would explain why some enthusiasts who rode it in the first few years of operation said it was a boring ride, but many people who have gone to Europa Park in the last 10 years have rated it more positively.

5: Kraken: Some people have said I overrate this ride and there might some truth in that, but I love a good multi-inversion coaster and Kraken is the Perfect package, the real deal, the big cheese, call it what you want; it has everything you want in a coaster of it's type. Tall: tick, Fast: tick, Smooth: tick, Intense: tick. Above all it's one of the most re-ridable coasters out there. I have marathoned this ride many a time. I was upset when they put VR on it: the black plague of the amusement industry.

4: Wodan Timbur Coaster: Wodan was the first GCI coaster I rode back in 2012 and it remains as my favorite wooden coaster. This coaster has an insane pace, after that first drop the train just plows furiously though the twister/out & back layout. The sensation of speed really makes this ride what it is, not to mention the great pops of airtime you get throughout the ride. The theming on the ride is outstanding!, one of the best queue lines for a roller coaster there is. I recommend riding the coaster at night, during the Halloween season, this coaster just hauls like nothing I have ever experienced. I have yet to ride Wicker Man, but if it is anywhere nearly as good as this then Alton Towers has a winner on their hands!

3: Shambhala: Not much of a surprise here. After riding Silver Star at Europa Park the year before I knew what the standers were for a B&M hyper. This ride is amazing of course! The floater airtime is fantastic, the pacing is impressive, the layout rivals the Hyper's in the US. Maybe not a very intense coaster, but it is very re-rideable and just deliverers on everything you would want from a B&M Hyper and more.

2: Sheikra: Dive Coasters are underrated in my opinion, while the general public love them, it seems a lot of people from the enthusiast community feel rather jaded about them. I love them because they create a sense of drama and tension that other coasters lack. Sheikra for a long time was my number 1 coaster because it almost incorporates everything I want into one coaster. The sensation of airtime on the first drop (more on the back-row) The intensity when it enters the immelmann and the speed and smoothness of the ride, plus the ride is HUGE. I could happy ride this all day.

1: Helix: Helix along with Balder is the most recent coaster to be added onto this list. When I rode Blue Fire back in 2012, I had an idea of how Helix would feel. I really like Blue Fire, but as you can see it's not top ten worthy for me :emoji_prince:. So when I went to Liseberg I expected to enjoy Balder more and that Helix would possibly rival Cheetah Hunt. Wow, what a fool. Helix is something else. On paper it looks good, but I never would of imagined it would be on the level that it is. The ride just has everything you want in a coaster and does everything brilliantly. The airtime hill after the second launch is insane especially if you are sat at the back row, you are just flown from your seat. The ride is a more intense than I was expecting especially during the Helix (of Helix). Went to Liseberg for 2 days and rode this 7 times. It was a busy weekend, but the ride crew were smashing it.:emoji_metal:

Last edited:

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Dude, where's Maverick in this list?

Maverick was no.11 ( now number 12 as the Wicker Man blew me away today and would come in at 7 moving everything below down. Maverick is great but I did get bashed about a bit off it, hence it being a bit lower down. If you like that sort of low to the ground intense ride then its amazing but I just prefer other types to be honest. Assume its your number 1 at CP?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Maverick was no.11 ( now number 12 as the Wicker Man blew me away today and would come in at 7 moving everything below down. Maverick is great but I did get bashed about a bit off it, hence it being a bit lower down. If you like that sort of low to the ground intense ride then its amazing but I just prefer other types to be honest. Assume its your number 1 at CP?
Yeah, it is, I found the airtime hills to have some tasty ejector, the main launch was fab and direction changes were excellent. I totally get the slight bashing though, I got the same but found a way to ride it which minimised the bashing after 7 or 8 rides. I love intensity so it beat MF for my fave at the point.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Yeah, it is, I found the airtime hills to have some tasty ejector, the main launch was fab and direction changes were excellent. I totally get the slight bashing though, I got the same but found a way to ride it which minimised the bashing after 7 or 8 rides. I love intensity so it beat MF for my fave at the point.

If I get back there will have to try and figure it out, the last airtime hill was brilliant I thought. Great ride just rankings are all down to taste, not many like dive coasters but I love them

Ben J

Roller Poster
I've not been on many coasters compared to the majority of people here, but anyways, here's my current top 10:

1. Twisted Colossus
2. X2
3. Full Throttle
4. Superman EFK
5. Nemesis
6. Tatsu
7. Riddler's Revenge
8. The Smiler
9. Scream
10. Goliath

Most are from Magic Mountain (not been to many parks due to living in Scotland).
Me and my mates have got 3 or 4 major trips planned for this summer, so might be able to add a bit more variety to this list :)

James F

Hyper Poster
I've not been on many coasters compared to the majority of people here, but anyways, here's my current top 10:

1. Twisted Colossus
2. X2
3. Full Throttle
4. Superman EFK
5. Nemesis
6. Tatsu
7. Riddler's Revenge
8. The Smiler
9. Scream
10. Goliath

Most are from Magic Mountain (not been to many parks due to living in Scotland).
Me and my mates have got 3 or 4 major trips planned for this summer, so might be able to add a bit more variety to this list :)
I'd Love to go on Twisted Colossus, waiting for Walibi Holland to open RMC Robin Hood so I can finally ride an RMC.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Went on The Boardwalk Bullet today. Textbook definition of the right kind of rough. Great, great stuff.

And for topic relevance: I think it might make my top ten at the moment, but I’ll have to go home and have a proper look at my current ranking. :D

Snoo

The Legend
Went on The Boardwalk Bullet today. Textbook definition of the right kind of rough. Great, great stuff.

And for topic relevance: I think it might make my top ten at the moment, but I’ll have to go home and have a proper look at my current ranking. :D

Definitely one of those off the beaten path gems that not a lot of people have been on that is solid for most. I rode it hung over and without sleep and adored it. FYI.. dont recommend the drinking. :D

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Definitely one of those off the beaten path gems that not a lot of people have been on that is solid for most. I rode it hung over and without sleep and adored it. FYI.. dont recommend the drinking. :D
I think there’s a natural tendency to overrate off-the-beaten-path coasters. People travel to remote areas just to ride them, and then they feel as if they’ve journeyed far to discover the Golden Fleece. So they tout their prize discovery. For example, I also went an hour out of my way to Seguin to ride Switchback. It’s a really fun coaster, but its reputation exaggerates its greatness.

Boardwalk Bullet, however, lived up to all the hype and then some. It’s a wild, out-of-control airtime machine.

Would NOT want to ride it hungover, though.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I found this to be worse than the pepsi max, it just hurt. Im quite a tall guy so maybe the restraints don't punch the heck out of you throughout hence more enjoyment?
I haven't ridden Pepsi Max, but I am a small person and the airtime was insane! I used to hate this ride and now it's one of my favorites (for some reason)!

Snoo

The Legend
I think there’s a natural tendency to overrate off-the-beaten-path coasters. People travel to remote areas just to ride them, and then they feel as if they’ve journeyed far to discover the Golden Fleece. So they tout their prize discovery. For example, I also went an hour out of my way to Seguin to ride Switchback. It’s a really fun coaster, but its reputation exaggerates its greatness.

Boardwalk Bullet, however, lived up to all the hype and then some. It’s a wild, out-of-control airtime machine.

Would NOT want to ride it hungover, though.

See, thats sometimes about personal mentality. I typically don't do that and tend to give each ride its due judgement, regardless of where it's at or if I traveled to get there. There are very few isolated coasters that I've been on that have been worthwhile. The only 3 of note, IMO, are Boardwalk Bullet, Cornball Express at Indiana Beach, and Wildfire at Kolmarden. Those last two tend to have more visitors due to.. well ones basically between CP and KI and the other is an RMC. :D

Peet

Giga Poster
Here we go:
1. Shambhala
2. Helix
3. Flying Aces
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Wodan
6. Nemesis
7. Cu Chulainn
8. Smiler
9. Colossos (Heide Park)
10. Red Force

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
See, thats sometimes about personal mentality. I typically don't do that and tend to give each ride its due judgement, regardless of where it's at or if I traveled to get there. There are very few isolated coasters that I've been on that have been worthwhile. The only 3 of note, IMO, are Boardwalk Bullet, Cornball Express at Indiana Beach, and Wildfire at Kolmarden. Those last two tend to have more visitors due to.. well ones basically between CP and KI and the other is an RMC. :D
Agreed, and I certainly think of myself as the same as you. But I don’t think anyone consciously admits to themself that “I’ve inflated my rating of this coaster because it was hard to get to.” I think the inflation just creeps in without people realizing what they’re doing.

Snoo

The Legend
Might even come down to lack of expectations as well.
These days everything can be very over-analysed before you even get on it. Less so if it's obscure.

Agreed completely. It's most likely just a good coaster that not many people have been on. No bias or inflation at all, just a genuinely good ride. :D