Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What other hobbies do you have?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Snoo, Sep 2, 2018.

1. EpochEmu

EpochEmu Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    BGW
    Oh, you'll get pictures alright. Just you wait. The grand opening of my park is coming.

Howie likes this.
  2. Coaster Hipster

Coaster Hipster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Even though I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, I'm really into visual idents (like TV graphics, titles animation and stuff), particularly typeface design. I really appreciate when a business or other entity succeeds in conveying a distinctive coherent visual presentation. As a child, I was fascinated by the habillage made by √Čtienne Robial in the 1990s for Canal+, the French main pay-per-view channel.

Admittedly, it has a minimalistic style and hasn't aged particularly well. But it adheres to an impressive but flexible set of rules, which, animated by a lot of creativity, gave Canal+ an iconic look.

Yeah, it's really a dorky/hipster passion. That did help me a little when making the graphics of my own Youtube channel, years later.

3. caffeine_demon

caffeine_demon Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    skyrush
    Best Park:
    Europa
    1-Those saying dogs need to include pics or vids!

2-"I'm really into visual idents (like TV graphics, titles animation and stuff),"

I'm quite keen on them too - here are a few UK ones for your enjoyment!

3 - On a similar theme - I'm also into computer graphics demos - there's a whole culture, dating back to the mid 80s for amateur productions- about 2 or 3 competitions a month - mainly in europe

one of the earliest examples (1978)

They have them on most platforms - c64, spectrum (there are stilll demos being made for those), Amiga and ST
    I was amazed when I saw this on my ST, back in 1991! (in full overscan - ie no borders on my tv screen!)

and of course PCs - This one from 2007 is still one of the best ever!

and can be downloaded from
    http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=30244
    (file is <200k, just extract, run and be amazed!)

and as a bonus - some are done on non computers!

Coaster Hipster likes this.