What's new

Walibi Belgium | Tiki Waka | Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
What is going on with that support
Maybe it is dirty because of all the mud...

___
Don't want to double comment so I am going write it down here.

In Walibi Belgium there was this kind-of "zone" called the "death-zone", some fans called it that way because there was nothing to ride there... The only thing that was situated there was the Challenge of Tutankhamon and (may rest in peace) La Coccinelle. Without the darkride and the kiddy-coaster I am sure they would've just closed that area down. People only got there for the darkride and the kiddy-coaster. But it's nice to see that they are using that space to build a new ride. In the future the biggest coaster in the BeNeLux will be build around that area too! (yes that's actually pretty awesome)

Last edited:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Maybe it is dirty because of all the mud...

___
Don't want to double comment so I am going write it down here.

In Walibi Belgium there was this kind-of "zone" called the "death-zone", some fans called it that way because there was nothing to ride there... The only thing that was situated there was the Challenge of Tutankhamon and (may rest in peace) La Coccinelle. Without the darkride and the kiddy-coaster I am sure they would've just closed that area down. People only got there for the darkride and the kiddy-coaster. But it's nice to see that they are using that space to build a new ride. In the future the biggest coaster in the BeNeLux will be build around that area too! (yes that's actually pretty awesome)

The reason why there were almost no rides on that side of the park, was the locals. That side of the park used to have Caribbean music, the Coccinelle coaster and don't forget about Bounty, the Intamin Looping Ship.

pic5_big.jpg

The latter one was closed down due to noise restrictions set up by the people who live in the 'Rue Joseph Deschamps'. They were also the reason why Walibi Belgium had to enclose Sirocco, had to cut down in late night openings,...
With Walibi Belgium now opening a family coaster this year at that side of the park and a hypercoaster a bit further is just a big slap in the locals face!

Another picture of Tiki-Waka from today:

sae5491zxc.jpg
[/

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
The reason why there were almost no rides on that side of the park, was the locals. That side of the park used to have Caribbean music, the Coccinelle coaster and don't forget about Bounty, the Intamin Looping Ship.

pic5_big.jpg

The latter one was closed down due to noise restrictions set up by the people who live in the 'Rue Joseph Deschamps'. They were also the reason why Walibi Belgium had to enclose Sirocco, had to cut down in late night openings,...
With Walibi Belgium now opening a family coaster this year at that side of the park and a hypercoaster a bit further is just a big slap in the locals face!
[/

It's funny because I always forget about this ride :emoji_joy: ... No but really, the people that live around Walibi always complain about something... When you go into Villa 13 you don't even hear the Cobra or the other rides, that means that the houses are sound-proof. Maybe you can hear the coasters a little bit, but they are surely not loud at all. (If you don't like living there just live somewhere else and give people that love the theme park a chance to live nearby or something...) The people that live nearby always get reduction on tickets and other stuff, I think they must not complain at all. If I am not getting it wrong there are some times that the theme park invites the people that live nearby to enjoy the theme park when it's closed or to have reunions to inform them about new things, and so on...

As you can see they changed Golden adventures-parkour a little bit!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium announced today that the actual height of Tiki-Waka is 21 meters instead of 20 meters and the coaster is also alot longer than communicated before. Which means that Tiki-Waka is the longest and highest of its kind in the world.

Plenty of pictures of Exotic World and some offride videos from Tiki-Waka coming soon!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Tomorrow the themepark opens it's doors! But we got a little sneak-peek of the Exotic World. (Pictures taken by me)
SPOILER: A LOT OF PICTURES (MORE THAN 20)
Here we go:
When you Enter the Exotic World you get greeted by this beautiful sign!
1.jpg

This is the station :D (It's still being build, in one week or two they will be done building everything!)
2.jpg

This is the entrance of Tiki Waka.
4.jpg

This is the wagon, train, thingy? (Don't know how to call it...)
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Now pictures of the track (without tiki-trail, those pictures are under here)
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Okay here come the pictures with the Tiki-Trail! :D
21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg

This is the random section! I put here random stuff that is still interesting about Exotic World.

There will be a place to buy your picture :D!
Random1.jpg

Random2.jpg

Random3.jpg

Random4.jpg

Random5.jpg

Random6.jpg

This was the end! Bye-bye! :D
End.jpg

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
This is a good step in the right direction. When the park got transformed completely, then it will be a park worth to visit at least once a year. My next visit: 2023. ;)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Little tour around Exotic World and another offride of Tiki Waka.

Other usefull information: the zone starting from 24:00 till 29:00 will become the New Orléans zone for 2020.
From 29:00 will become a brand new Wild West zone, with the Mack Twist 'n' Splash located on the left at 29:58.
At 41:00, the white villa in the background will be the location of the hypercoaster in 2021.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Little tour around Exotic World and another offride of Tiki Waka.

Other usefull information: the zone starting from 24:00 till 29:00 will become the New Orléans zone for 2020.
From 29:00 will become a brand new Wild West zone, with the Mack Twist 'n' Splash located on the left at 29:58.
At 41:00, the white villa in the background will be the location of the hypercoaster in 2021.

I love the way he shout-outed my page!