What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

A

Anonymous

Re: The Jer development topic! [Gauge Update 9/10/11]

Keep a constant maximum g-force, make every turn, pull-up, etc. pull the same force, to keep it real...

Jer

Strata Poster

Good news everyone! the ride is complete! Expect a video and download by the end of the week, I'll try and get it up by tomorrow, but no promises! But for now enjoy these completion screens,

gauge110912201621000.png

gauge110912201644001.png

Xpress

Strata Poster

Jer said:
Good news everyone! the ride is complete! Expect a video and download by the end of the week, I'll try and get it up by tomorrow, but no promises! But for now enjoy these completion screens

Why did I read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice? :?

A

Anonymous

^^ Seems to me that you have a bit too few supports on it, compared to the X-cars I have seen...

^ I got it in Amy's voice mimicking the professor in the "Law and Oracle" episode this season. Futurama <3

Jer

Strata Poster

Alright guys here some download for you!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK3F5y1MBc4[/youtube]

DOWNLOAD

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [Gauge Download 9/14/11]

Pretty good for such a small coaster. It felt a bit like Formule X, low level inverting family coaster. Good trackwork, nice supports and overall a good ride.

Good luck in the comp! :D

Martyn B

CF Legend

That is nice. I much prefer seeing smaller coasters as they're much of a challenge, and you've done really well. Dont know if I like that final inversion though...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Pretty good. The final inversions a bit oddly shaped but otherwise great little coaster.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Videos! 11/17/11]

Alright guys, good news is: i'm not dead, bad new is: I've been distracted by a lot of Xbox, thanks to Skyrim, and Forza Motorsport 4, and eventually Saints Row 3, So it will be a while before I pick up NL again, but to keep you guys happy I have some videos

This one is for Forester, my entry to the CF comp #1 (in case you didn't download the riders choice)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0K7xDn2e4[/youtube]

and this one is for the long cancelled Bacon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUYRr6HUtJ4[/youtube]

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Update!? 1/24/12]

What the ****? and update! no **** way

yes way, I'm moved into a new school and since I have no Xbox to distract me from NL, I can actuall build. \

So what did I decide on for my first of 2012? a Vekoma Flyer, going to streamline the process, and smooth as I build so that there isnt a long period of updates of just smoothing.

6lIDN.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Update!? 1/24/12]

Lookie here! a drop

well I cant guarantee it's going to stay this way, i still need to test the Gs and smooth.

tfnlz.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: The Jer development topic! [Update! 1/26/12]

I've always been a fan of the half loop on a flyer and it's never happened. Hopefully it will one day.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ooo... curious first drop. I like it! :p

Jer

Strata Poster

Found some more free time for another element, sorry about the slowness, i've had so much work over the past weeks.

mq4Xu.png

I promise after much anticipation, I will have a proper name and stats by the next update.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [Update! 2/9/12]

Looks nice, I'm interested to see what you can do with the rest of the layout.

Jer

Strata Poster

To be honest, I haven't planned this out, not even a slightest bit unlike my previous rides, so this one is complete improvisation

Jer

Strata Poster

Alright if you could all forget about the flyer, I have completely run out of ideas for it, it's too slow and im just not happy about it. In hindsight a flyer is not the best ride to start with when trying to get back into NL after a hiatus.

SO! I'd hate to be generic but I almost need to if I plan to release a ride in 2012, i'm going to do an Intamin hyper/mega-lite. I'm going to try and work on this every day, hopefully an update every week, and hopefully get this out by the beginning of April

This one is called Krosis, so far I can only tell you it's 170ft tall, because thats all I know, I just didnt think this update would be complete without a picture soooo here:

mIzVK.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Krosis! 2/27/12]

Look! I did some work! did it during class, I was rather bored.

O3zUO.png

J9H5j.png

Err Stats:

Height: 170ft
Speed: 67mph
Max +gs (so far): 4.5
Max -gs (so far): -1.5