What's new

Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So I've been wondering, how do these ride systems work? How can they go so fast? What is the top speed of both of them? Who manufactured them? And are there any others like them in the world?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So I've been wondering, how do these ride systems work? How can they go so fast? What is the top speed of both of them? Who manufactured them? And are there any others like them in the world?
Journey to the Centre of the Earth at DisneySea is the same ride type.

I remember reading somewhere that Test Track is the fastest of the three at 60mph, but no idea where that came from.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster
This is just off the top of my head, but it's much like a slot race car. It just follows the slot in the center, but a computer is able to track where all the cars are. One car can go 60 mph while another is stopped since the computer knows the positioning of all the cars. This is what makes the ride systems often go down, especially Test Track. If one car malfunctions, the ride has to stop. The system works pretty well though, especially in later iterations I.E. RSR and Journey. Oh ya, and Test Track is definitely the fastest of them. As for manufacturing, I dunno.