What's new

Skyfly vs Skyroller (Gerstlauer)

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'd probably say Skyfly too although I think both models are really, really boring flat rides. I am pretty terrible at the spinning to be fair.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'd probably say Skyfly too although I think both models are really, really boring flat rides. I am pretty terrible at the spinning to be fair.
Yeah - i don't know how kids do it - they can be so heavy/stiff. It would be good if you took away the interactivity and it just gave you some random flips!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've only been on Skyforce at BPB (Sky Fly) and I love it. I have never ridden it and not easily been able to spin. I also like how it smells of rhubarb (they use rhubarb scented disinfectant to clean the ride). My only complaints are that the OTSRs hurt your shoulders when you flip, and on windy days it can spin so much it could probably give you red-out.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm not very fond of them either. Too much effort for getting them to do anything. There wasn't much difference between the sky flies and sky rollers. Funnily enough, the only one I got to spin was the small version at Tivoli Friheden. My fave is the one at Liseberg though because at least the view is great. I just gave up on trying to get it to spin and I enjoyed the view.

I have a theory that it's easier to spin them if you're heavier, as you can put your weight into it then. Shoving all my body mass into it isn't going to do much since I don't weigh that much :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Skyflys are fab, and I'm good at it so always get randoms telling me I'm awesome. I can't keep my eyes open through a whole cycle though, once I get to max speed I have to close my eyes as I would definitely puke otherwise.
Still fab tho #skills

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Skyflys are fab, and I'm good at it so always get randoms telling me I'm awesome. I can't keep my eyes open through a whole cycle though, once I get to max speed I have to close my eyes as I would definitely puke otherwise.
Still fab tho #skills

That's basically me as well. When I'm spinning fast on Skyforce at BPB, I have to close my eyes because it can get so intense, especially on a windy day. I'm usually the only person on the ride who spins, so everyone looks at me in awe.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I did the Sky Roller at Liseberg and found it kinda like a Wave Swinger in terms of ride experience tbh. Just loads of wind really

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Tough one this. Out of the three I've done the Liseberg one is my favourite due to how high up the cliff is. Being in such a tiny ride unit at that height spinning like a maniac made me feel so vulnerable and I came off shaking like a leaf. A ride hasn't made me feel like that since I first rode Stealth when I was about twelve so it was a pretty special experience and so unexpected from a gentle looking flat.

As a design though I prefer the Sky Fly because when you're spinning on the downward bit it really does feel like you're going to smack into the ground which I love. And the Blackpool one is great, such a fab idea to put it on the coast for maximum wind.

So yeah, the Sky Roller at Liseberg is my favourite one but if you were to plonk both models in a car park I'd rather ride a Sky Fly.