Sicily | Etnaland | Theme Park

Martyn B

CF Legend
Look's like they also have a Mack Twist 'n' Splash:

56270910151389055368751.jpg

From their FB page.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It looks wonderful, especially Storm's station and the execution of the mine train's theming, although it could do with a bit of foliage to complement the rock. Here's another video of the drop tower showcasing the whole park:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxH2qf_Wfeo[/youtube]

And more..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucaoTm0SZ38[/youtube]

Source: Parksmania

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
921740_10151442197318751_559965993_o.jpg

This is a lovely pic of both coasters. Storm looks awesome. the themeing on the mine trains not quite as extensive as I hoped but its alright.

Galahad

Roller Poster
There's some really cool video footage on parksmania .it from the user peppe2994: there's an overview of the entire park from their skyride, off-ride of the Storm an most of the attractions including the dark ride 'the school'. Was about to post a link but probably is forbidden...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Kinda creepy for Easter. :lol:

1619189_10152138540513751_1698151281_n.jpg

From the park's Facebook page.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I wanted to bring a small update from the park as we went there last Friday. If this is the wrong thread, please put the post to the right place.

The park is located near Catania a economically rather poor city (and not really worth a visit), the whole region rather lives of tourism. The park is badly connected to the city, perhaps they think that most tourists will come in rented cars. When you do not have a car you can only go directly by taxi, they charge you 50 Euros one way, which is hell of expensive. The public transport only brings you to a train station of the Circumetnea about 2km away from the park.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 21.48.01.png
You have to walk the rest along a busy road without sidewalk. I would not recommend doing this in summer, on Friday it was sunny and warm and it was already hot enough. And no... there is no shuttle from the train station. This day we were the only ones walking the way.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 21.48.55.png
The entry costs 25 Euros during the low season. The water park is not opened then. The opening times differ a lot.
The park was so goddamn empty that I was afraid most attractions were not going to open. We started with the mine train.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 21.56.11.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 21.56.52.png

The theming is scarce. Since the opening of the park only a few fences have been added. The first drop is very soft, it has some nice g-forces in the caves though. The staff was so bored they asked us for pictures. Interesting is that the queue starts at different points depending on visitor numbers. Storm followed. Hardly any theming, but the Mack-Coaster does not need it. We were the first riders, so staff was happy to see someone and gave us as full introduction into riding rollercoasters. They refused to let us go up the lift hill until we faked some screams.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.02.49.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.03.47.png

Like an all the other rides they asked us if we wanted to go another round. So we did. ERT all day long. I have to mention that the coaster shows first signs of roughness.
The water attractions opened in intervals that day. We first tried the chute ride. No queue at all.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.30.23.png

The first part of the chute is in a tunnel, mostly simly dark until there are some animatronics at the turntable before the lift. Simple but somehow nice. The view from top over the Sicilian landscape is simply stunning, so is the theming on the outside of the ride. The river rapids followed and they over a nice ride, it even has a short slide.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.37.32.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.38.06.png

On the first picture you can guess that the rapids offer quite a decent during the journey. The theming is nice, but a lot of the animal statues have lost a lot of color. The park also offers a short flume ride. It is more kitsch and softer, but also pretty wet.

Other main attractions are the S&S tower, which offers spectacular view on the Etna and the dark ride "School" in which you have to answer questions in a haunted school. Then questions are only in Italian though. The cablecars did not open that day.

OK... let's discuss the problems: Most rides have lost a lot of their color in the Sicilian sun. The slides of the waterpark look rather sad, you can see them in the back of the rapid pictures. I can only imagine that the park has more visitors during the high season, especially because of the waterpark. Perhaps one problem is the connection to public transport. Perhaps some tourists do not go there because of the bad connection. The other cities near Catania were packed with tourists the last week.

Any new attractions in sight? Perhaps for the waterpark, which also received new slides the last years, whereas the theme park has not gotten any new attractions the last years. There is a rather big building next to storm. You can already see it on the pictures from 2013. It is home to a few waterslide parts right now.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.56.44.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.56.55.png

I cannot imagine that this building was meant to house spare parts and construction material. There is plenty of space next to it where vehicles are parked and a lot of other stuff. It also has a direct connection to the park next to Storm.

Conclusion: This is a really nice park. Which sure can entertain you a day when there are lines and other people to interact with on the attractions. We left after 3 hours, after numerous rides on most big attractions. You really should go there by car and I bet the waterpark is worth a visit. I am curious to see how the park develops, if it does.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.16.28.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-14 um 22.16.28.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 32

Matt N

CF Legend
Thanks for the update! When you say that Storm is developing the first signs of roughness, do you mean a slight rattle or full on roughness?

TPC

Roller Poster
I'm most likely planning to visit this Summer for the first time. Is the only way to really arrive by car because my hotel is around an hour away and is near the train station? How bad are queues in August?