What's new

Project 0 - Thorpe Park

JoshC.

Strata Poster
EDIT:- So this is 100% legit, because Thorpe are putting 0s in every single one of there tweets:-

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK?lang=en-gb

In the past, Thorpe have subtly tweeted about getting an RMC, a B&M hyper, a top spin and who knows what else.

All the tweets conform is that Thorpe have noticed enthusiasts becoming interested by a video related to 0s, and decided to play of it a bit. Doesn't necessarily confirm it's a Thorpe thing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Question from the non-nerd: these computer generated mock ups, are they based on any kind of real physics? Cos that^ thing just doesn't look like it would have enough momentum to complete the layout.
Old comment, but dragging it up. Yes, NL2 has a fairly good physics model (friction and air resistance) that gives a pretty good idea of how the coasters would actually run. I can't say I know exactly how it implements it, but I think the friction is a standard value which is applied according to the force of the train on the track (higher force = higher friction). Air resistance I think is probably similar, with some generic factor that's applied based on the speed of the train. Not perfect, of course, but probably not a long way off.

Does that make me one of the nerds, though...?