What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I guess the integration into Berlin should also be justification enough to leave Rookburgh with "only" F.L.Y. as the only attraction (which is what I'm expecting at this point, looking at how the construction site is progressing). Oh well, I think this will be fine. There's two dark-rides on the chopping block with Rikscha and Hollywood Tour, and I'd much rather see them using the area to it's fullest potential for one monstrous coaster. At this point, I can totally imagine how they are going to fit the world's longest flyer into this plot of land.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Someone made a new sketch of how the building is probably going to progress. It shows that the coaster will go through the tower/ wall against Wuze Town and then into another building.

PHL_2018-07_1.png.ab511355546e4b38d1323e8d007c7227.png

Could it be the building of the concept-art? Then the wall against Wuze Town is hidden behind the man.
Phantasialand_Teaser_Rookburgh_2.jpg

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
I guess the integration into Berlin should also be justification enough to leave Rookburgh with "only" F.L.Y. as the only attraction (which is what I'm expecting at this point, looking at how the construction site is progressing).

Exactly, that its self is a very difficult task. Another ride seems to be impossible, but you never know. Phl is the master of building very compact. Like we all did in rct because there was no land left and you needed the extra ride to reach your peeps goal. :) I personally never heard anything of a second ride, just the VEKOMA Flyer.

EDIT: Fixed the quote/new post. Hixee

Last edited by a moderator:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Screenshot_20180719-190150_Gallery.jpg

So from the top of Wuze Town you can see a finished themed wall on the right - bricks with steel beams - and track heading into or out of (depending on the direction of travel) the helix next to Maus au Chocolat.
Screenshot_20180719-190207_Gallery.jpg

Well I say next to; there is actually a reasonable gap between the helix and the Maus building.
Screenshot_20180719-190256_Gallery.jpg

The top of the left hand tower of the building under the Zero-G Roll still has to be themed but the visible side you can just about make out a round patterned window.
Screenshot_20180719-190312_Gallery.jpg

Behind the towers two tall new supports.

There is also a new bit of track is visible from the Fantasy area (forgot to get a picture). The track is part of a new long stretch that runs completely across the site connecting to one of the curves built last year. It steeply curves upwards or downwards (depending on the direction of travel) above the station/transfer switch.
There is also another new long stretch of track running across the site closer to Maus. Both are interesting as they seem to be made out three track parts but on both the middle bit of track is not actually connected to a support yet? Weird. I guess the ground work in the centre of the site isn't ready yet for the supports there. There was a similar occurrence with Icon if I remember correctly.
Screenshot_20180719-223552_Gallery.jpg

Bit of a sneaky shot but the gate was open...
The concrete ramp (that was built recently so vehicles can finally drive into the site, onto the roof surface of the underground station) is being enclosed. These large beams have been erected alongside the ramp to eventually formed a themed facade/wall. There are also beams connecting this wall to one of the large towers to fill in the gap. The ramp is presumably a permanent feature for vehicles and fire engine access when the area is open and it will be hidden. Under the connecting beams there will probably be a gate and from inside the area it will look like a normal building.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Great to see construction moving quicker and quicker. Come this autumn I bet this thing will f.l.y up <3

Will this coaster not have any high points or do we not know?

Nobody knows however whatever they do build has to be built in a way the neighbours can't hear it. So keep that in mind.

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
I received a picture from someone who had been in the park last week.
Unfortunately there is not much new stuff to see. But there are some new straight trackpieces placed in the background.
These are the ones you can see on the sketch posted by Phantasiatisch.
pvgl9V0.jpg

Picture made by Menno
I noticed that the trackpieces in the middle are not connected to any supports yet, It looks quite strange.
nPQTpnd.png

I will be in the park in about a week, so I will try to make some new pictures from different angles.

*Edit: picture replaced

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder if the support just hasn't been installed yet? It'll be good to see if there's been any update when you visit.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Got to love how phantasaland packs in to much track in one area and manage how to fill the area with paths and theming

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The 'missing' supports have already been mentioned in the last couple of updates, the ground work is not finished in centre of the site. Presumably for access reasons as the sides are built up or there is something else coming there such as another attraction perhaps underneath the track? (probably not the latter but I'm holding out hope there will be something else)

Update from today
A few of new supports have been erected along the back of the site next to Maus au Chocolat. A starts of a concrete wall around the gap left for the lifthill there can also be seen. I'm assuming when the lifthill is erected this wall will continue up and enclose it maybe?
Scaffolding has been erected against this facade wall running towards the gate at Maus for theming work to begin.
Screenshot_20180726-212245_Gallery.jpg

One corner of this building has received its roof. Its not a very good picture but the slates on the roof are identical to those seen on other buildings in the Berlin area.
20180724_195502.jpg

Extending Tobi's drawing from Phantasiastisch's post above I attempted to have roughly drawn out on Microsoft Paint (I'm no Tobi...) an overview of the currently installed track - plus the predicted curve and lifthill. Grey marks underground track.
Layout.jpg

The overall scale, dimensions and shaping are probably not very accurate at all but it does the job. It doesn't seem like much when reduced to that but there is in reality a lot there.

In fact Tobi on PhantaFriends.de has roughly calculated that there are currently about 565 metres of track installed - taking into the account the station, break run, launch and the 35 other track parts.

Obviously we don't know how long F.L.Y. will be. And by how much will they surpass the current record holder for longest flying coaster (Flying Dinosaur at 1,124 metres)?
If they are only beating it by a small margin then it is possible that around about or nearly half of F.L.Y. is currently standing.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I don't check in on this thread very often, and I think I've just figured out why: I'm just not that arsed about this project. For some reason, this just isn't pumping my nads. I'm sure I'll get excited about it at some point, and I've no doubt that it will be a good ride with some spectacular theming surrounding it.. but, I dunno, it's just so ... what's the word? It's just so Phantasialand. It's like, the awesomeness of this thing is so entirely predictable it's almost boring.
Anyone else feel like that?
No? Just me then. Ok I'll shut up.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I don't check in on this thread very often, and I think I've just figured out why: I'm just not that arsed about this project. For some reason, this just isn't pumping my nads. I'm sure I'll get excited about it at some point, and I've no doubt that it will be a good ride with some spectacular theming surrounding it.. but, I dunno, it's just so ... what's the word? It's just so Phantasialand. It's like, the awesomeness of this thing is so entirely predictable it's almost boring.

Not just you, enitrely. I’m very excited for the ride to be finished, and I think that I don’t keep as close of an eye on this topic as many because I’m not as interested in the process of building/speculation. I’m impatient about these things and I like just having the facts, and I think I have enough facts for now to know that well, it’s a prototype, so I don’t really know how it’s gonna ride. I’m more than a little curious, but I feel like if I get too excited now then there’ll just be too much risk of being disappointed. By the coaster itself that is, I know the theming will be, as you said, predictably spectacular, as it’s Phantasialand ;)

All that being said, I’m gonna be ****ting myself when it’s open and closer to when I can actually ride it <3.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It IS a relatively confusing, difficult build to follow. It's looks like it's tough for anybody to get a good vantage point of the construction site and with the new area's multiple layers, it's really hard to put all the pieces together and understand what's going on.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm excited for FLY and Rookburgh, but I get what yourey saying Howie. There's only so much excitement that can be built by looking at the same two or three angles time and time again, especially when there's nothing excitingly new from those locations. And with little context, aside from ''very long, launched flyer with a possible steampunk theme", it makes it difficult to sustain excitement for so long.

I'm really looking forward to seeing marketing start, as I'm sure that'll push some real energy back into the enthusiast circles.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster

Nah, I get it. I mean, what kind of holy trinity is this? Phantasialand, Flying Coaster and Launched? It's like someone googled the top 3 buzzwords for coaster enthusiasts and was like "yep, we're doing that".