What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Oliver.D

Roller Poster
longest flyer: i can read that anymore, im 100% sure that only 50% are real coaster track. darkride parts , yes ok, they belong to the coaater, but yeah, f..k that

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
longest flyer: i can read that anymore, im 100% sure that only 50% are real coaster track. darkride parts , yes ok, they belong to the coaater, but yeah, f..k that

There is one underground room/tunnel after the station and before the lifthill which could be a small dark ride section but it is impossible to know for sure until the park reveal it or when the ride opens.

But regardless all evidence from the construction site points to to the rest of the layout being a normal coaster, real dark ride parts mid way through seem highly unlikely - certainly not 50% of it.
Small lift at the start - drop into the tunnel for the launch into an Immelmann - normal coaster layout and elements - break run.

Also it is hardly that unbelievable that it could be the longest flyer. Taron is 1,320m long and F.L.Y. needs to beat Flying Dinosaur's record of 1,124m, and Rookburgh is a similar size to Klugheim so it is entirely possible they can fairly claim the record.

EDIT: Instagram picture showing the scaffolding over and work on the Rookburgh gate in the Berliner Street.
http://instagr.am/p/Bkvia0AloNr/
ANOTHER EDIT:
A couple more pictures from the Instagram page themeparksworld de showing the theming progress.
20180703_020734.jpg

A few more new towers along Wuze.
Screenshot_20180703-020501_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Is it me or does it seem like they're concentrating on the theming around the edges of the site at the moment? It could just be the nature of the way they're constructing it but maybe they are using it to hide what's going on at the heart of the construction site

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Is it me or does it seem like they're concentrating on the theming around the edges of the site at the moment? It could just be the nature of the way they're constructing it but maybe they are using it to hide what's going on at the heart of the construction site

I think both. It's just the way of building and It is good for them that the inside is shielded in this way.

Update :
A new structure has appeared.
test.thumb.png.5ae268013ecbfe53d2e0fa81a00aa256.png

EDIT
The structure could have been temporary, some Phantafriends who were in the park today, didn't see this structure anymore...

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
x20180704_141225.thumb.jpg.2ff7566f1d733cadf323fdb5b8092321.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6rR97b-_Dj.webp

From PhantaFriends.de picture showing that they have now finished off, cleaned up and painted the sides of the buildings, to match the fronts, either side of the Rookburgh gateway on the Berliner Street.
There was also an interesting suggestion that there might be a theming element above the gate to fill the gap that has now been created inbetween the buildings, a zeppelin was mentioned as possibility - similar to the Hyperion Zeppelin in Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris.
If there was a Zeppelin poking out into the street it would at least still be appropriate for the 1920s Berlin theme, as well as fitting the Rookburgh theme.

Thinking about it, it is curious that they removed the entire building. The tunnel was dug from the Rookburgh side, under the workshop buildings behind, to meet the back of that building. Why not just knock through the back wall and have the passeway go through the lower floor of the building and leave the street facades undisturbed?
Also covering the first section of the passageway directly behind the new gate is a glass roof - tightly inbetween two buildings there won't be much natural light coming in so perhaps its purpose is for guests to look up and see something through it above?
Quite intrigued by this theory but we will probably have to wait until after the next off season to see if any sort of additional theming element materialises.

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Update from Tobi on Phantafriends:

"As already mentioned, the jibs of the towers were further broached or removed in the mounted rails. Underneath, there are now some sort of railings for a suspected aircraft. It also reminds me of the bridge from the first artwork, as already mentioned here.

Furthermore, I could see that now also the last part of the roofing of the station area (to the right of the big construction crane) has received a shuttering. When this ceiling is poured, the concrete ceiling is closed and almost all the anchor baskets for the columns of the Flying Coaster will be set. An interesting feature of these concrete works is that the large construction crane is completely surrounded by concrete walls, so it is literally enclosed. So there probably remains a hole in the ceiling. However, there later seems to be a kind of tower, because the base is round.

Furthermore, a lot of supports were stored on site or mounted on their spot. Thus, after the launch or before the brake, a support was created which carries both a rail after the launch, so also a rail in front of the brake. On the other side of the launch, so close to the hall of Maus au chocolat, the approach of a helix was on my last visit as I have reported. The helix has now been continued. Under the helix, approximately in the same radius rails have now been mounted, leading directly into the launch. So there are quite a few rails on top of each other. If you can still remember reports from a partly round building near the Maus au Chocolat Hall, the Helix will make it over the same radius and the entrance to the launch along the round outer wall of the building.

Due to the fact that a large number of anchor baskets have been shed, many supporting parts are on the construction site and new rails are being installed time and again, I assume that the construction of the coaster track will progress strongly in the near future. So it remains very exciting!"

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From PhantaFriends.de a picture of the crane/outrigger/draw bridge (or something).
xWaterMark_2018-07-04-17-56-26.thumb.jpg.3150bd42968c759a4af74851a256b44f.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0nprAuVCV.webp

Many have commented on its similarities to this bridge from the teaser art.
ximage.thumb.png.aa302090b5818a368ff9031beafd2b3e.png.pagespeed.ic.tPRQ6pcfyR.webp

Tobi has roughly drawn where the newly installed track, mentioned in the post above, connects up.
xsketch-1530875084171.thumb.png.43cf39037499bc743e97c6c2451d28ca.png.pagespeed.ic.XJRrWg4zx-.webp

He has not drawn on the other tracks in this area to avoid confusion.
In dark red the new curve down into the launch tunnel - connecting to the already installed straight part of the launch.
Above in light red the new helix which continues a curve of track already installed last year.
The dashed black lines mark a building on the lowest (underground) level of the area - given it is directly beside the station probably for the queueline?

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
Since I've been following this topic for quite a while I thought it would be nice to add some pictures aswell.
I took these pictures today (6-7-2018) at the gate near Maus au Chocolat.
There seem to be 2 helixes in the corner near the gate.
The upper helix:
bEzZsvw.jpg

The lower helix is barely visible because of this annoying trashcan they placed infront of the gate :(
The lower helix:
txvw0hS.png

These are my thoughts on the tracklayout:
The lower helix will turn into a breakrun starting at point A, going towards a tunnel at point B. Which leads back into the station.
If the train goes to the other direction from the station, it will be a lifthill. Coming out of the tunnel at point B, going into a lifthill towards point A.
I think this might be the only possibility because the track can't move to the left or right from point A. It will either hit the MAC building or a concrete structure they built last month. (can be seen on tobi's last sketch) On top of that both trackpieces face the same direction (banked 90 degrees) and are quite close to each other.

syKi9MW.jpg

dyihpGl.jpg

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
If the train goes to the other direction from the station, it will be a lifthill. Coming out of the tunnel at point B, going into a lifthill towards point A.
I think this might be the only possibility because the track can't move to the left or right from point A.

It's certainly a lifthill, no doubt about that. Seeing these pictures make me think that the helix could be a setting like Droomvlucht.

EDIT

I'm wrong. :p

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don't think there's a break run where you've placed point B. The final break run is parallel to the launch track. So I think it's a lift hill like you said.

MrRC

Mega Poster
The final break run is parallel to the launch track ?, I was thinking that something was about to BREAK.:eek:
I think u mean the BRAKE run.:)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah, definitely wasn't a typo. It's a straight piece of straight where you can have a break from the thrills and the stresses of everyday life ;)

[ Bear ]

Roller Poster
It's certainly a lifthill, no doubt about that. Seeing these pictures makes it easier for me to think that my thought about that the helix could be the case: setting like Droomvlucht. :D ;)
'' Some darkride theming in the centre of the room like Dreamflight a.k.a. Droomvlucht at the Efteling''
To be honest I don't think it will be a setting like Droomvlucht. Both helixes have a banking which is facing outward (almost 90 degrees). How would you be able to see something in the center of the helix? Looking at tobi's sketch he made you can see the helixes aren't attached to each other either.
xsketch-1530875084171.thumb.png.43cf39037499bc743e97c6c2451d28ca.png.pagespeed.ic.XJRrWg4zx-.webp

I extented tobi's drawing to show what I'm trying to say:
osD7yIr.png

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
'' Some darkride theming in the centre of the room like Dreamflight a.k.a. Droomvlucht at the Efteling''
To be honest I don't think it will be a setting like Droomvlucht. Both helixes have a banking which is facing outward (almost 90 degrees). How would you be able to see something in the center of the helix? Looking at tobi's sketch he made you can see the helixes aren't attached to each other either.

I extented tobi's drawing to show what I'm trying to say:
osD7yIr.png
You're right. I missed that the banking was facing outwards. Didn't pay attention to it.

Unfortunately, I'm wrong. :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Yeah Bear has pretty much got it spot on.
The lower curve goes down into the launch tunnel and given the extreme banking, probably while travelling at a decent speed.
The train goes into the rolling launch already with a good amount of momentum behind it to reduce the amount of energy the LSMs need to launch it upwards and up to the top speed.

However the lifthill will not go straight down as Bear drew.
The lifthill on test set up last year in Vlodrop sat on proper supports with temporary basic extensions to mimic the terrain while the rest of the prototype circuit had temporary frame supports.
Which means the lifthill is actually a part of F.L.Y., and we can see from the test set up it has this 90° turn at the top - where the track and trains rotate as well to bring the train into the flying position.

I've reworked the drawing to show the lifthill turn (and added some extra details).
20180708_001333.jpg

Of course the question is what comes been that turn and the curve into the launch?
To ensure there is a decent amount of momentum will it simply just do a sort of s-turn drop into the launch?
Or will could there still be more elements/more of a layout before the launch?
I'd probably lean towards the first option (as depicted below) or something similar.
20180708_000822.jpg

Although of course until they erect the supports/track we cannot know for certain what course it will take between the lift and the launch.
*Also just to point out, and ensure everyone understands not to take it too seriously, this rough sketch is leaving out all the other track and theming structures/buildings already installed and obviously the shaping/scale of it is not very accurate.

With regards to the Rookburgh gate on the Berliner Street. There was a small gap in the tarpaulin today so I managed to peak inside.
20180708_134555.jpg

They have been theming the passageway. Cobbled ground, brickwork walls and there is a large clock. Looks interesting, can't wait to see the finished product.
Holding out hope that they may open it up a little with a new teaser/advert or something.