What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

_koppen

Hyper Poster
First piece of track is in place for the loop!

I haven't really thought of how this loop will affect the look, when you are on the train for Lisebergbanan, and is going out of the station toward the lift. Just now I realized how big of a difference it will be.

And look how tall the support for the loop is, this will be HUGE!
current_18.jpg

curr.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
Wonderful coverage of Justin Garvanovic (founder of the ECC) visiting the contruction site of Helix: :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q818aYMAU98[/youtube]

Here are also some shots of the newely finished Helix helix (from the construction blog):

Helixdive.jpg

Helix2.jpg

Helixhelix.jpg

Helixcurve.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Looks like they are experiencing some problems with one of the supports for the pretzel loop, it has been sent back to Germany for some tweaking. It will be back in a week, so until then they will try to work with what they can in the loop area, as well as keep moving from the Zero-g-roll and up until the loop.

Lofty

CF Legend
andrus said:
youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q818aYMAU98[/youtube]
Cringing hell.

I have to admit, it does look mightily stunning as a coaster - I'll be excited to see the landscaping afterwards when they develop the MUD.

andrus

Giga Poster
Heres the original plans for Helix:

Rendering_3.jpg

Rendering_8.jpg

The project started of 2010 and was called Green Fire back then. The roller coaster was 83 meters tall and was designed by MACK as well. However in 2011 the park scrapped the plans and started over from sratch with project Helix instead! The reasons stated was that Green Fire was to dominant on the mountain, and that the noise probably would've been to high since the mountain wouldn't act as a sound barrier in the same way as it does with Lisebergbanan and Helix.

The first drop and airtime hill of Green Fire looks really wicked!! I would have loved to try it out :--D But I agree with the park; the coaster looks totally inapproriately located and I'm very glad they settled with Helix in the end! :)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Yeah sounds like that mixed with the Oblivion (movie) soundtrack. Not sure what it is, probably the inner goon, but I do love a good ride soundtrack.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Track Complete!

http://projekthelix.se/sista-ralsdelen-monterad/

The last rail section mounted

Now all rail parts in place and last piece fitted perfectly!

Pretty amazing really that all the pieces have been fitted. There are still 136 rail pieces totaling 1381 meters and over 400 parts support that all fit together to the millimeter. Only part we have had to adjust and get back to us tomorrow. This makes the puzzle complete. The track can be tweaked and molded so that it is ready for the trains to run on.

First train will actually now on Monday, March [strike]23[/strike]24. Then you can expect pictures of this and the dimensions of the [strike]chair[/strike] seat back as promised!

Got the way to know a funny thing the other day: Helix is ​​reportedly the longest [strike]runway[/strike]length in Europe with inversions. [strike]You who can your roller coasters[/strike]Those who know coasters ... does this or is there anyone in Europe who is taller?

Here are pictures from today's ceremony:
RS_Helix-20140320-1380-2.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1451-2.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1427.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1607.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1286.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1411.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1482-2.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1623.jpg

The final support piece should be fitted today, it's obvious where it goes if you look at the live pictures.

Fixed some translation tool errors.

EthC

Mega Poster
IMAscore produced the official soundtrack of HELIX at Liseberg (Sweden) with a total duration of around 100 minutes. We're overwhelmed by the great response to the release of the station track of HELIX by Liseberg. As a "thank you" and with kind permission by the park, we hereby release another part of the soundtrack: the 20 minutes long Launch Platform track! This part features the main melody in full glory.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcv8YIBFMY[/youtube]

This is just so good!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
The dance parts are absolute rubbish - they shoulda got an actual EDM dance producer in to do it, but the orchestral / theatrical parts are awesome!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lul apart from snobbery, for what reason should they have got an ''actual EDM dance producer'' to do it? It does it's job.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Trust you to bite on my comment. Predictable.

But ok, I'll answer you.
Its the difference between those timid wobbles, to a producer who understands EDM, like this.

http://youtu.be/5wkC8vWbFm8?t=2m18s

And you're right, I am a snob.

Trust you to post something stupid.

I said aside from snobbery. Why does it matter that an ''EDM Producer'' doesn't approve of the quality of a ride soundtrack at a Swedish theme park?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I quite like it actually, it fits the ride. Nothing needs changing, no glorified EDM producers required.