What's new

Interviewing coaster designers

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
So I'm currently working on a school project, on which I must interview a representative of an occupation, which fascinates me (I'm currently studying in high school, second grade; in Finland). I have sent questions through e-mail to Intamin, B&M, Gerstlauer and Maurer Söhne, but only Söhne has replied, and refused. So obviously, I have to change strategy. Any tips on how to move forward?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What have you written? It might be easier for us to suggest what's wrong.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'd start by asking for permission to ask questions. I can imagine they think you're pretty presumptuous just sending through questions and expecting a reply.

You need to build a rapport with the people first. Be humble, yet strong. Make them know you're interesting, dedicated and above all else - interested in what they have to say.

You may find it lands on the desk of the right person and they will like what you've written. For a park it's easy, you just send to their PR department. So that may be your next best place to try and go for?

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Thanks for the advice furie! I really hope they reply this time. Even a negative reply is better than nothing.

I can also put the questions here, but I'll do that later.

A

Anonymous

Have you tried to contact Werner Stengel (+ bureau) since they are the main "designers" of rides, especially on B&M and Intamin rides. Then you also have John Wardley, etc.

Ben

CF Legend
The guys over at GCI might also be a good idea, they're a really nice bunch of guys, and very involved with the 'community', so may be willing to help.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Wow, I had completely forgotten about Stengel, and the wood-maker ones. Hope to get a positive reply this time!