What's new

Incredible Hulk - new credit or no credit?

Olaf

Mega Poster
There has been a discussion lately if Hulk would or wouldn't be a new credit. What do you think?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Edited title to make it clear what this thread is about. - ECG

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Credit or no credit?

Definitely new! If you don't, it's like saying you don't count clones.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Olaf

Mega Poster

GuyWithAStick said:

Well I don't count clones either...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I like Olaf, he makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I won't be counting it as a new credit unless there's been a track layout change that I'm not aware of.

peep

CF Legend
I will count it as new.

Over 90% is definitely brand new track (could be 100% but not sure on launch and station track) and with new trains and slightly differently designed track (I personally don't see the differences but apparently it's different in several locations).

GuyWithAStick makes a good comparison with clones. The original was scrapped, a new one was manufactured so unless you don't count clones then it's totes a new cred.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I'm surprised that anyone thinks its a new cred but sort of understand where people are coming from. Its just so overwhelmingly similar to the original that I would find it shameful to count as a new cred had I rode the original. Its like counting Rougarou as a new cred when its just a repaint and train change or counting Galactica as new because it has a new name and is a VR experience.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

GuyWithAStick said:

I never thought of it like that.... This is a good point. I count clones, so yeah, me personally I would count this as a new cred, even though I never rode the original, so either way it doesn't really apply to me.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Here, I made a fairly simple chart to explain everything:

wFSnQmd.png

Going by the chart...

Hulk IS a new cred.
Rougarou is NOT a new cred.
Galactica is NOT a new cred.

Anything else is up to you to find out. ;)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Definitely a new credit.

People have already explained the clone bit. It'd be just like if SFNE swapped it's boomerang with Lake Compounce's.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm torn.

Roller Coaster Philosophy had a really good logic for this debate...

It has to meet 2 of these 3 criteria to be a separate cred:

- is made from mostly new materials.
- is in a different location.
- has a different layout.

Now, going by that... No, Hulk clearly isn't, but what makes hulk unique is that it is entirely new.

So, I dunno. I will probably count it as a new, because I'm a whore, but yeah. Not sure.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Can I count the woodies at Blackpool several times then? I know that Grand National and Big Dipper have had their entire layout replaced at least once since I first rode them in the early eighties. Rollercoaster (orange), misty have in that time too and it also has completely new trains and rides very different now. Same principle.

Same with The Scenic in Margate.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Exactly Furie, that's the problem. I guess the difference with Hulk is that it is all in one go. There's one very obvious cut off.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm reminded of the opening of this song:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTXGL0xPyLA[/youtubevid]

I... I don't think I would count it as a new cred. In my mind, a clone of a ride and re-tracking of a ride are different things. I do count clones, but I don't count re-tracking, and I think this falls into the latter group for me. Unless they've noticeably changed the layout (this covers RMC 're-tracking' as they do significantly change the layout), I don't think it should count as a new cred.

I wouldn't really object to anyone counting it though, as I can see the argument that you could.

Plus counting it twice would mess up my spreadsheet (if they're not going to rename it). :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
david morton said:
furie said:
Can I count the woodies at Blackpool several times then?
If you want to, no-ones cares - only you.

This... exactly.

It's entirely up to the person counting. Nobody actually really cares. They'll judge you, yes, but not care ;)

Dar

Hyper Poster
What about if it has new effects that affect the ride? Kinda like if X became X2 with a complete re-track as well as the fire and music and "stuff"