What's new

IAAPA 2016

peep

CF Legend
OK. Wtf is with all the flying theatre's being built and designed lately?

Oh and the Dynamic Attractions reveal today makes me think we could be looking at the ride type for Jimmy Fallon at Universal?

peep

CF Legend
Didn't know it was specifically this new type of model though? People thought it was gonna be closer to the other flying theatres.

Lofty

CF Legend
Flying Theatres are popping up by many manufacturers because, you know, parks are buying them and they're popular products? Not to mention that they're appearing as standalone attractions at seaside resorts and tourist traps.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Count me in as another fan of that new Mack concept! There's definitely room for more thrilling spinning coaster layouts - they seem quite an undeveloped ride type on the whole. However, after the airtime hill, the layout seems a bit minimalistic. It's essentially just the same element (immelman/dive loop) repeated four times, just in different directions of course? I'd much rather see a bit more variety, especially since Blue Fire's inline twist looks fantastic with the spinning car. But still, I love the the 2 in 1 idea - that'll make it seriously rerideable.

I wouldn't be objected to it, but I'd consider it highly unlikely, even beyond 2018. Remember Walibi Belgium was the one that just installed Pulsar, a similar concept and with that, also have two other shuttles in Psyke Underground and Cobra. I know a full-circuit shuttle spinning coaster is different, but it would still be the park's fourth coaster to feature a backwards element, and their third to be launched. I could see a Big Dipper fitting in better though!

That's just the compact, small model. Apparently there is a larger version, and obviously a custom layout available...

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Busch Gardens Tampa got an award for being a great inspiration and what not which I think is well deserved.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ I heard something about a new park in Vietnam with a large Vekoma rumoured, might be this one, but it can't already be open or @roomraider would have told us by now.

peep

CF Legend
Looks like it's this park - https://rcdb.com/6218.htm

Can't say I've seen anyone talking about it. The IAAPA page makes it sound like a new ride type? Surely that would have been picked up by all the peeps talking about the show and I've seen nothing on twitter.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, seems odd. ECG will investigate. I think the story is more of a "Vekoma is an IAAPA sponsor so we better put a Vekoma story out" rather than an announcement of sorts. Still strange the company aren't really plugging it openly at the show.

Same could be said about the new ZacSpin and the new Mondial flat ride, "The Blender"... http://mondialrides.com/ (which we'll have more info on later!)

Lofty

CF Legend
Vekoma are currently constructing an SLC in Vietnam, too. Wonder if they're connected?

That park - Vinpearl Land that's mentioned in the press release from IAAPA's Show Daily has no mention of their Firestorm product, but it does have a Vekoma Mine Train?