What's new

How To Ride Kiddie Coasters With Adult Rules?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's a thought... a bit of an outlandish thought I'll give you that... but maybe, just maybe, you could all just think about... I dunno... having some dignity and not riding all the crappy little kiddie creds?
They're for kids! And not just any kids - really, really small kids, like, 3 and 4 year old kids.

Get a grip! Fuxake.
;)
It's a good job you put that little winking emoji at the end of that post; I was about to ban you, delete all your posts and update the CF rules to make it clear that your name must never be mentioned on the forums again.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Here's a thought... a bit of an outlandish thought I'll give you that... but maybe, just maybe, you could all just think about... I dunno... having some dignity and not riding all the crappy little kiddie creds?
They're for kids! And not just any kids - really, really small kids, like, 3 and 4 year old kids.

Get a grip! Fuxake.
;)
yQsRcpml.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Double, but meh.

I got turned away from Camel Creek on Tuesday. Was working down in Redruth, so thought I'd nip in on the way back. Gave 'em a ring to check the roller coaster was operating and "yes the roller coaster is running, but sorry we don't allow solo male visitors". Guess I'll have to go back with my girlfriend so they'll let me in. Not the normal sort of kiddie cred spite!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, solo adult female would have been fine? :emoji_confused:
Well this is what I was thinking about afterwards...

He did specifically say "solo male visitors" each time he stated the park regulation, but I assumed that he was using male because I was male. I personally would have used "adult", but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Well this is what I was thinking about afterwards...

He did specifically say "solo male visitors" each time he stated the park regulation, but I assumed that he was using male because I was male. I personally would have used "adult", but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
'No solo male visitors' sounds like a rule that would be more at home in Saudi Arabia than somewhere in England...

Ben

CF Legend
You should have gone to Poundland, got a nice little wig and go in as Mary and you'd have been fine.

I will always at least try, but I don't steal kids and I don't have a go.

Well sometimes I have a go if it's at Flamingoland and they still won't let me do the Go Gator.

It's always worth dropping them an email with the 'I'm riding every coaster ever' story and see if it works.

Other than that shave your head and pretend it's your Make a Wish?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
'No solo male visitors' sounds like a rule that would be more at home in Saudi Arabia than somewhere in England...
Except in Saudi Arabia the restriction would be against women, not men.

I’m trying to wrap my head around the “no solo male visitors.” I’m guessing they see themselves as a children’s park and want some way to keep out potential pedophiles, which they think are largely men? Or they see it as a family park and considered banning solo adults, but realized they can’t discriminate against single mothers? Whatever the case, “no solo male visitors” seems a legal mess of a policy. How long can that stand?

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Just looked up the park and saw this:

2018 Character Days Characters will appear at regular intervals on the selected dates. Chase and Skye (Paw Patrol) – 31st July Peppa Pig and George – 7th August Marshal and Rubble (Paw Patrol) – 14th August Chase and Skye (Paw Patrol) – 21st August Peppa Pig and George – 28th August

Even the male mascots aren’t allowed in solo.

:p

TilenB

Strata Poster
Except in Saudi Arabia the restriction would be against women, not men.

I’m trying to wrap my head around the “no solo male visitors.” I’m guessing they see themselves as a children’s park and want some way to keep out potential pedophiles, which they think are largely men? Or they see it as a family park and considered banning solo adults, but realized they can’t discriminate against single mothers? Whatever the case, “no solo male visitors” seems a legal mess of a policy. How long can that stand?
The thing is that parks are "families only" on most days, which means that if you're a teenager, you need to be with your parents if you want to get in. However, since I'm a guy, I still can't get in if, say, I went with my father since there has to be a female in the group. It's very complicated. They do have ladies only days once a week, but no men only days, because when they last tried it, they completely wrecked a lot of things, so now I can't go without my parents

From this topic on TPR: http://www.themeparkreview.com/foru...&sid=c1496382a7eb56c4fe9f4f989f00b3a5&start=0

But yeah, I don't think that Camel place in England ever had problems with single males wreaking havoc. They're just being assholes.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I don't know... Uh, forbidden fruit? I've seen it in person +10 times and never been able to ride it... And its got historic value, I guess.. And its rare being a kiddie wood and also one of just a handful of North American wood coasters I've not ridden. My upcoming PNW trip will/should get me 5 more... 3 of them being personal bucket list coasters. And of the 123 North American wood coasters currently operating, I've been on 107 of them. Rye Kiddie and and this Giant Dipper being the only ones I've seen but not ridden.
I have now conquered Rye’s Kiddie Coaster. He who existed before this ride no longer is — I have emerged a new being, a better, more powerful human.