What's new

Hogwarts Projection Mapping for USJ

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Have a copy and paste news article:

A brand new Harry Potter projection mapping show is set to light up the night sky at Universal Studios Japan’s Wizarding World.
Launching on April 21st, the themed spectacular will centre on Hogwarts and unfold across Black Lake.

The last time the park hosted such an event was to celebrate the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Magical lighting effects, projection and sound will bring the castle to life. The show will feature characters from the films such as the Dementors as they attempt to attack the castle.

The news follows the success of the park’s shows based on the hit manga series ‘One Piece’.

These, along with the Jurassic Park inspired Flying Dinosaur coaster, are credited with attracting record numbers in the 2016/17 financial year.

Universal is predicting a total of 14.5 million visitors when the year closes at the end of March. This tops the 2015 record of 13.9 million visitors.

https://blooloop.com/link/harry-potter-projection-mapping-universal-japan/

I love projection mapping stuff, and I'm sure this will be pretty epic. I'm going to miss it by three or four days though, depending on which day I decide to visit Universal when I'm in Osaka in a few weeks. Bollocks.

Lofty

CF Legend
If it's the same as what they did for the opening of this one and Hollywood it's amazing. I don't get why they don't just do that at all of them - well, I know Florida's whole area lacks the space slightly, but still - they're amazing.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Bad luck, it does sound great.

I won't be mean and say i'll be there three or four days after the launch. Will be keeping an eye on the website for official logistics.