What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
For me,Troy is the Nemesis of wooden coasters, it's pace gets quicker and quicker throughout, building a huge amount of momentum to go through the twisty layout. Troy has pretty much zero airtime (which is usually the thing that attracts me to woodies) but it has intensity, speed and a great layout.

Wodan did nothing for me. There was a whisper of airtime but nothing to get excited about. The intensity was good but nothing compared to Troy (or Thunderhead, which I also love).

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh Renegade... Man, I forget that thing exists. It was good, but I'm just sad it's so out of the way at a dumpy park surrounded by other dumpy parks. I have no desire to ever go back that way. So I forget about it. But yeah, it was good. Operations sucked there too. Eugh, need to go back to forgetting that place asap.

Thunderhead is outstanding and objectively the best GCI imo, but Lightning Racer is my personal favourite. It's a different kind of good, just such honest fun. I liked Joris too, but Lighting Racer is by far the best racing/dueling coaster I've been on by miles. It really bounds around, dancing with the other train. In general I like GCIs rides, I quite like the sweeping turns over the airtime machines.

I won't get to ride Wickerman until mid May, but despite the fact I rather like GCI and all the praise it's getting I'm still not expecting anything too special. I am hoping that photos and videos just don't do it justice as a space.

(I've still not been on Troy or Woodan, I know, I know... I need to sort my life out.)

Matt N

CF Legend
I didn't really notice a loss of pace in the Boring Corner, myself. So I call it the Not-So-Boring Corner.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Is it the same kind of breakdown every time? Been hearing that it's been breaking down a lot, I know there was a rumour that there was a new sensor trial going on but still, it had been testing with people for months. Unless maybe they didn't test with two (or three?) trains then and the issues are due to that?? I expect they would have done that though...?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Is it the same kind of breakdown every time? Been hearing that it's been breaking down a lot, I know there was a rumour that there was a new sensor trial going on but still, it had been testing with people for months. Unless maybe they didn't test with two (or three?) trains then and the issues are due to that?? I expect they would have done that though...?

I think it's the new sensor/brake system having trouble dealing with three trains. Engineers have been fiddling around with the outside break run quite a bit yesterday and they've taken out one of the trains and everything seemed to work a lot better afterwards. But just a guess from my side.