What's new

WTF BPB?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Overpriced, sure - but we can't knock them for trying.

We'd have paid that for the Mouse, let's be honest.
Shouldn’t have had to… Just announce a close date and run it normally until then.

With this announcement they’re basically saying… “Oh yeh, it still runs, but we just aren’t going to run it again until x date, when you can pay a massive extra fee if you want to ride it.”

I wouldn’t be against them running it normally, during a normal open ‘final day.’ Then charging extra for a final rides ert session. Because then everyone still gets a chance to say goodbye without the price tag, but those who wanna be among the final riders can pay extra for that honour. This way, the way they are doing it, you basically will never ride this again now, unless you pay that fee. Just doesn’t sit right with me.

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
I completely agree Nicky.

The poor attempts to capitalise on every little thing are becoming rather transparent. I get that it's a business, but surely by having things like this included within the standard entry fee, you're giving people more reason to re-visit the park and part with their cash. It's not like they're adding new rides and attractions frequently.

I think there's an opportunity here for BPB to show the public that they can offer more for their money, rather than more for more money.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
I appreciate them doing this, I really do. The Grand Prix, while not anywhere near my favourite, has been there my entire life and I'd love one last lap on it, even though its probably 10 years since I actually went on it anyway! But when so many significant rides have gone in the last few decades with no fanfair, Log Flume, Turtle Chase, Whip, Noahs Ark, Vikingar and of course, the Wild Mouse it seems somewhat of an insult that this has closed, and its retirement has been accepted, only to miraculously reopen for a special event where people wave £50 notes at the gates.

Why can't it simply run until its closure as part of the park line up, with a special day thats a 9/10pm close to see the ride off with a bit of a fuss made?

This is just a farce, and it wouldn't shock me if the thing breaks down, it's an electric powered car ride which will have been SBNO for around 9 months by the time this event takes place, with zero spent on its winter maintenance, if they think they can just switch it on on the day and all will be well they are in cloud cuckoo land.