What's new

Whats the best coaster for 'airtime' in the UK?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
As the title suggests...

Whats the best airtime coaster in the UK?

I haven't ridden many in the UK other than the basic Merlin creds but what do you think is best? At the moment i'd say Saw at Thorpe but I'm hoping this will change after my first trip to Blackpool with your horrible lot in March! The woodies up there give any tummy wobbling moments?

Um, none of them?

Big Dipper can have some I guess?

Rita has probably got the best airtime in the UK. Shame.

As Ben's said, Rita does have some decent airtime over the hills.

I seem to remember Megafobia has some good airtime, but it's been many years since I rode it!

Revolution in back/front row has some, otherwise I don't remember any of them having anything. Especially not with Rita, that ride is dull in every possible aspect...

Couple of others to consider are Cobra @ Paultons, those bunny hills are fab, and Roller Coaster @ Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, back row had some violent airtime but not rough.

Megafobia at the back can be pretty decent. As can Grand National (suck up the pain).

And like others have said, Rita and BPB'S Wild Mouse.

I've never understood those who think Stealth has airtime, but it seems to be a thing? I've never experienced that!

^ There's a lovely bit of floaty airtime as it goes up and over the first half of the top hat.

Rita and Rev have 2 good pops of airtime, Saw has a good amount, Grand Nash has good airtime too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hixee said:

I seem to remember Megafobia has some good airtime, but it's been many years since I rode it!

Nah, Megafobia is awful.

They've basically let it go to Hell and it's slow and just meh.

That coaster is in desperate need of some love.

Ben said:
Hixee said:

Nah, Megafobia is awful.

They've basically let it go to Hell and it's slow and just meh.

That coaster is in desperate need of some love.
That's a shame to hear.

Can you imagine if they RMC'd it... <3

Hixee said:
Can you imagine if they RMC'd it... <3

flying-pig.jpg
;)

Rita does give airtime, but it's awful...same with Saw. Gotta go with Wild Mouse at BPB.

Jordan's just reminded me of what the actual answer to this question is and no-one has mentioned it!

Ultimate, obviously. The first few hills and the fab like, weird twisty one in the second half are so good <3

The Ultimate was the first one that sprang to mind. Ok so its rough in places, but the back few rows have some great airtime.
And yeah, pretty much those that have been mentioned already. Got a feeling this topic might be exhausted pretty quickly. How sad.

I've always enjoyed the little airtime you get after the first loop on Colossus. Although when we rode last season it didn't feel as good.