What's new

What would YOU guys do?

Hudson_Woodlief

Roller Poster
So I have a dilemma for the summer of 2025. I am in the state of NC, we have friends that live in Elmont, VA, just 15 mins south of Kings Dominion. We have talked about me living with them, and working at KD for the summer, which sounds AWESOME! However, we have also talked about going to Cedar Point for a few days. So here's my output. It's working a great job, and getting to ride the awesome rides at KD almost every day, or going to the roller coaster capital of the world for a few days, which has been a bucket list experience of mine for years. I am still skeptical on the situation, so I want y'alls opinions.

For what it's worth....
why can you not do both? Take a few days at Cedar Point at the start/middle/end of the summer and then work the rest of the season at KD. If you need some money from work, then plan CP at the end of the summer. And as a plus, Busch Gardens Williamsburg is only just over an hour (car) from Elmont, VA... on a day off?
Only visited CP once (this September), but I do remember in researching my trip that CP gets seriously busy and hot in the summer with little/no shade.
If I had to choose, it would be work at KD - had a much better time there than at CP, which probably explains this opinion and... you would also be earning.

If you work at KD, the park will organize official trips to other CF parks (and I'm pretty sure starting next year, you'll be able to get admission to Flags as well). As long as your work schedule doesn't conflict with the trip, you could always do that.

You could also visit CP on your own. Your employee ID gets you in free.

KD does participate in attraction share, so you get admission to BGW, Dollywood, HP, HW, and more. You'd just need to pay for parking

All great points! I'm currently 16, will be 16 next summer. And the reason I said one or the other is because I was unsure on what my family would do personally, as I am yet to 100% make my own decisions heh. But I saw that you basically get a Six Flags season pass as a perk of working. And with BGW close, I would probably visit many times.