What's new

Visit to Hershey Park

StormHunter

Roller Poster
Hello everybody!

I'm visiting Hershey Park on September 8th, and I have some questions and Im hoping you guys can help me out. First is, from your experience, the first weekend after Labor Day will there be less crowds? I know that the boardwalk will be closed by then which is a bummer, but we are going on the 8th to celebrate my gf's sister birthday, will the boardwalk be the only thing closed or do they also close more games etc...? Also, are the prices the same? Or should I be able to find cheaper tickets by then? I was thinking of purchasing them now online... Should I wait? And the last is the question that I know has alot of conversation going on, I'm a big guy! 6' 295lbs. I know nobody can give me an exact answer on this, but is there any way anybody can tell me if they had a hard time getting on any ride? I know some coasters have the test seats at the entrance, and I know some also have rows with bigger seats, but Im just preparing myself before I get there. Thank You all!!!

Row 5 for Bear, the woodies will be fine, will need stapling on Fahrenheit and Runner.

Boardwalk will be the only thing closed. Prices I believe will be Hersheypark in the Dark pricing by then. There is a grocery store nearby that sells cheaper priced tickets (buck cheaper than gate price last year, couldnt tell ya the price now due to Rush).

Based off the Jr. Researcher promo vid for it, and seeing the size of some of the ladies that got off, Im almost certain you will be fine, unless by some odd freak accident all you weight is based purely on your thighs.

Saturdays are a bit busy according to those out there, bit everyone will go for Rish, Fahrenheit or Rummer first, with Fahremheit having the longest line followed by Runner. Rush will become a walkon by midday easily as most refer to it as Thighcrush and wont reride it again. So Id say get the other two Intamins, work your way back to Lightning Racer and grab Wildcat and Wild Mouse, then head back towards Rush and snag Sidewinder (trains make the ride a nice experience), Trailblazer (its the only credit considered a kiddie coaster, Great Bear (remember, Row 5), SooperDooperLooper (new trains look fab), Comet (possibly the smoothest woodie in that park) and Rush (go outer seat on left for first ride from what I understand).

Thank you so much for your tips!!! Looking forward to my visit to HersheyPark, and also being a part of CoasterForce fmaily!!!