What's new

UK's Most Wanted

Darren B

Giga Poster
In a list of 3 what would you most like to see hit our shores? It may be a new concept to the UK or just something that you feel you'd like to see improved on. By all means stick which park you feel would be most likely to receive it or state that its just pure fantasy on your part, Let the dreams commence.......

1. 21st century Hyper (I'm putting this one as fantasy right now but some obscure park might suprise us all, a la Fantasy Island, but i think the best we can hope for is a Mega-Lite at Thorpe 2015)

2. Mack Mega Coaster-PBB would be a possibility, Amanda has never hidden her love for Blue Fire and a launched/looping coaster would do wonders for the park. (In place of Avalanche)

3. Wood (A pre-fab Intamin would change the way the British Public view wooden coasters, And if Alton were to somehow allow John Wardley his wish i think they could reap the benefits)

Edit: Wasn't sure entirely on where this topic is best suited, But move as required :)

I'd love to see a good Intamin Hyper too. We're desperate for a really decent, really "big" ride. Something higher than 235 feet from sea level too ;)

I'd also love to see some new wood. As great as the Intamin Plug and Plays are, I'd rather see a creative GCI or GG. Something like Troy or Zippin Pippin on the smaller scale of things (Drayton or Flamingoland - get your act together).

Other than that, I don't think there's any other coaster type I'm really desperate to see over here. Maybe an Impulse coaster as a "realistic" option.

What I would really like to see though is a coaster that is installed as a "good ride", rather than a piece of marketing. We constantly have these new concepts, world firsts and "quirky" rides. Nobody ever seems to think "why don't we just make a really great coaster?" They do it all the time in the US and Europe, why not over here? Make a great coaster and people will come... Though not to Wales ;)

1) A good large scale coaster. Something like a big B&M looper/invert or a hyper.

2) A new woodie.

3) Just like furie wrote I would like parks like Alton and Thorpe to focus on a good ride experience rather gimmicks and worlds firsts.

1. Terrain, a woodie going down the valley at Alton sounds FAB.

2. Something big, floorless or hyper.

3. Mega-Lite, or a Maverick clone.

The list could go on, but these are my main three. I think the main thing we nneed is something big, like furie said, an Intamin hyper.

Basically I want more rollercoasters to be built that take elements at the speed and force of the Nemeis helix and the reverse entry into the loop on Boomerangs.

I'd also like to see the UK build something with and excpetionally large height and drop.

1 - A seriously good family coaster - thinking either a woody similar to troy, or possibly a well themed vekoma mine train - colorado adventure in phantasialand was awesometastic

2 - a serious airtime coaster - minimum of an intamin mega lite, preferably something like Colossos at Heide

3 - an awesomely good indoor ride - Preferably a coaster - I miss the black hole and space invader... :(

furie said:
What I would really like to see though is a coaster that is installed as a "good ride", rather than a piece of marketing. We constantly have these new concepts, world firsts and "quirky" rides. Nobody ever seems to think "why don't we just make a really great coaster?" They do it all the time in the US and Europe, why not over here? Make a great coaster and people will come... Though not to Wales ;)
Truest. ****. Comment. Ever.

What I would really like to see though is a coaster that is installed as a "good ride", rather than a piece of marketing. We constantly have these new concepts, world firsts and "quirky" rides. Nobody ever seems to think "why don't we just make a really great coaster?" They do it all the time in the US and Europe, why not over here?

My thoughts exactly.

Though beyond that, I'd like to see more variety from B&M over here, all we have is 2 Inverts, allbeit they are both excellent, though I'd really like to see something like a sitdown, floorless or hyper.

Martyn B said:
What I would really like to see though is a coaster that is installed as a "good ride", rather than a piece of marketing. We constantly have these new concepts, world firsts and "quirky" rides. Nobody ever seems to think "why don't we just make a really great coaster?" They do it all the time in the US and Europe, why not over here?

My thoughts exactly.

Though beyond that, I'd like to see more variety from B&M over here, all we have is 2 Inverts, allbeit they are both excellent, though I'd really like to see something like a sitdown, floorless or hyper.

Oblivion, Air..... :? I still get where your coming from though, The UK seems to miss out on the best of it.

A 140ft plus floorless/sit-down/inverted B&M, I wouldn't care if it's the same old layout as the usual, it's something we are definately missing, and I have to travel to Spain or Italy for... :(

I would love to see a 4D coaster here. If Alton could somehow create a terrain 4D it would be immense.

Additionally a Mega-lite is up there but overall the UK parks are seriously lacking some wood! None of the Merlin UK parks have a wooden coaster, yet Heide Park have one of the best in the world. :x

We want wood pleasseee!

Like others I've got to say I'd love a new woodie over here, something from GCI would be awesome.

I'd love an Intamin impulse coaster as well, I think they're really good and something we're missing over here.

Anything else realistically? I don't think we're going to see any of the older B&M types being built here to be honest.

Probably get some stick for this, plus it's a brave statement for a first post, but honestly, I'd love to see a Vekoma Tilt Coaster. Gravity Max in itself is a very good ride and I think the UK needs something fresh rather than something big. (Although something big would be amazing, glances towards a B&M Hyper).

Nope, that's not just a good hope, it's also a "doable" idea. As you say, Gravity Max is actually a decent ride as well. So it's a realistic size for a park over here, it has a decent enough layout and it's fun. I don't mind quirky and "unique" as long as there's some real guts to the ride experience too.

The UK's first Gravity Group coaster would be awesome. Failing that, an airtime filled steelie, preferably an Intamin or B&M Megacoaster.

1) Megalite.
2) A large wooden coaster with plenty of airtime.
3) Something interesting and fun, such as a tilt coaster, or something equally weird.

Id like to see a terrain woodie hopefully at Alton in 2013, ripping through forest would be amazing, although i guess they went down that route with Th13teen, still anywhere a woodie anywhere would be good.
As for others id like to see a B&M sit down or floorless and an Intamin mega-lite wpould be great additions for UK parks.

What I'd like to see the most, is a slack in the planning permission process. The current UK ideas of "everyone deserves to have their say" and "the complainer is always right" limit the upper possible size of new coasters to... well, I'd say a Mega-Lite is the biggest you could hope for in the near future, with a woodie being an equally plausible option.

Impulse coaster or something, though... sorry, but ain't gonna happen as long as it scares away the birds that Mary (83) has been feeding with loving care every day since she retired, and if they build that eyesore it will probably drain the power and bring to the area lots of noisy youths who throw garbage everywhere and scream and drink and urinate in the hedges and waaaaahh!

...etc.