What's new

Traveling coasters

Jer

Strata Poster
I've always wondered are traveling coasters like Olympia Looping and Alpina Bahn smooth? Do they take good care of the rides? because I can imagine that being dismantled and moved so much could cause some serious wear on coasters.

They're Schwarzkopf coasters so they're smooth & Germany has the most stringent inspection system in the world (TUV). You have to remember that those coasters are family owned. They are their one & only attraction, so they take meticulous care of them. You can't compare them to coasters you find at fairs over here (where all the rides are owned by companies that are then leased to the fairs i.e. American rides, etc.).

They are a lot smoother than you expect them to be when riding them, Olympia Looping is way better than any Vekoma/Arrow contraption and they don't have that rattle that many Intamin coasters have.
Even though I found Alpina Bahn pretty bad, it's very jerky...

With travelling coasters, the whole track and structure obviously needs to be disassembled between each fair. In theory, this allows any potential problems to be spotted relatively quickly and for any necessary maintenance to take place.

I definitely agree with what ECG said above too.

Sounds like they're better than the SLCs, but then again it's not that hard to beat an SLC.

^Please lets not bump a six month old topic if you're not really adding anything to the discussion. Thanks.