What's new

Thorpe Park Beginning work on new attraction?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So Thorpe Park may be beginning work on a new attraction for the future, specifically in the Logger's Leap area. How do we know this? Well, not only is Logger's Leap removed from the Ride List on their website:

https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/

...but the area once occupied by Logger's Leap has been removed from the map, with the text "Area Under Development" in it's place.

EmMioRS.jpg

Speculation, begin.

Launched GCI woodie.. Mark my words

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Or that could just be because they've closed that part of the park off and were bored of people asking why.

It's likely to be the site of a new ride but not yet. Don't get excited. In Merlin cycles this is a big year so we're getting nothing major for a while.

I heard from a source at the park that they were still unsure whether to scrap loggers or renovate it and that various companies are bidding for IP's for the site before a ride or anything has been confirmed. However this source also said Intamin built stealth for Alton Towers and forgot about the height restriction they have so they tried digging a big hole for it but it was too expensive. Make of that what you will...

^ That's bollocks to be fair.

Make of this what you will, but we all know that rumours like this usually Timber over fizzle out to nothing.

Whatever it might be (I don't think it'll be anything of note), I hope it doesn't open on it's advertised opening date and has a shop we can marvel at instead.

Ian said:
Whatever it might be (I don't think it'll be anything of note), I hope it doesn't open on it's advertised opening date and has a shop we can marvel at instead.

mpRfLln.jpg

Well, I hopped over to Twitter to ask of a possible Dive Machine, and I quote: "@THORPEPARK Any chance of a @bmcoaster #DiveMachine with splashdown within the next 5 to 10 years?"

They responded with the following remark: "@####### @bmcoaster Wow, that's specific! Never say never!"

So, there you have it, might be a Dive Coaster coming...

TheFlyerMan1 said:
Well, I hopped over to Twitter to ask of a possible Dive Machine, and I quote: "@THORPEPARK Any chance of a @bmcoaster #DiveMachine with splashdown within the next 5 to 10 years?"

They responded with the following remark: "@####### @bmcoaster Wow, that's specific! Never say never!"

So, there you have it, might be a Dive Coaster coming...

Well that would be stupid and pointless since they have Saw...

I could see them bringing wood if SW8 went well, but thats just speculation, I just hope they dont go down the cheap IP route next year seeming that it is its supposedly low budget year next year.

You could probably ask Thorpe on Twitter to get a Go Gator themed around a shark and they'd give the exact same response! ;)

A DM would be a very silly choice, we already have Oblivion. Wood would be good (chain lift hill not launch pls) though my prefered choice would be something like Skyrush or Flying Aces.