What's new

Spot the switch tracks!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Most coasters have switch(back) tracks and for those who don't know they're basically an extra peice of track to get the trains on and off the track and to put the trains to bed at night... :eek:

Spotting the ride's switch track has become something to do in the queue for a coaster and (although some simpily don't have one) they come in all sorts of ingenious shapes and forms...

What's the best switch track you've seen, the most discreet or the most ingenious??

Please reply :--D

I personally quite like vampire's...which can be seen on the CF youtube channel!

Please attatch picture and/or links when posting...

Wheres your picture and/or link then?
And I tend not to notice the switch track, sounds like fun! :wink:

I love playing the "using my brain before I make a topic", game! You should try that cause, um, no-one gives a shiny s.hite.

On Test Track it says "Track A" and "Track B", Track A is the track you take, and Track B is the transfer track. Pepsi Max Big One's is underneath the station track, which surprised me when I realised whilst queuing for it.

Sky Rocket at Kennywood is quite interesting. The storage track is obvious, but you don't realize right away that the entire station slides over to transfer trains.

Antinos said:
Sky Rocket at Kennywood is quite interesting. The storage track is obvious, but you don't realize right away that the entire station slides over to transfer trains.

The Big Dipper down here is the same way.

Lisebergbanan. Last time I was there, they took a train out of storage while I was queueing.

Basically, the entire wall in the station slides aside and reveals the storage room behind it.. Quite cool, I must say. Well hidden too, it's hard to spot when you don't know it's there.

Ben said:
I love playing the "using my brain before I make a topic", game! You should try that cause, um, no-one gives a shiny s.hite.

Ben <3

Yeah, I tend not to give a **** to be totally honest with you. Baco's is quite clever in the way that the station building blocks it!

Can you please post links...

Is there any coasters with a switch track similar to th13teen's drop? That would be cool...
...made one out of k'nex myself!

^ You mean a vertical one?
Yes sure, you only have to go to Blackpool to see one, the PMBO have one...

Pokemaniac said:
Lisebergbanan. Last time I was there, they took a train out of storage while I was queueing.

Basically, the entire wall in the station slides aside and reveals the storage room behind it.. Quite cool, I must say. Well hidden too, it's hard to spot when you don't know it's there.

Would love to see video. From pictures, you won't ever be able to tell.

Here's Baco's:

15338_199720046101_791076101_3946411_1114074_n.jpg

Basically, where the barrels are on the right of the station, the other side of the track has the same. That whole piece of station, including theming on that section moves out to the right. Then the train moves forward into it's maintenance area!

I hope that makes sense?

^Cool! So the whole building moves right! (or not)

Has anyone seen octobruco tour's(Gardaland) switch track? It's basically like something you pull down and then push the train...you could make it out of k'nex!

Couldn't find a pic though...

Ben said:
I love how you pointlessly insult the topic starter and try to imply that nobody cares yet there's so far been 15 posts after yours. Even if the original topic was pointless, then your post is much more pointless. If you're not interested in the topic, why did you click it? Clearly you're wrong and other people are.

Edit: in response to CoasterCrazy's post below: I can understood people rubbishing the topic if it actually is spam, or is similar to another topic. But this seems to be an original topic about something the geekier end of the community are interested in. Why the need for bile from long standing members?

^Agreed, if you're going to post in a topic, don't if you think it's a load of crap.

So basically he just posted in a topic that he thought was pointless...