What's new

Six Flags to make all 2015 announcements August 28

tomahawk

Strata Poster
http://njtoday.net/2014/07/24/six-flags ... ed-august/
2015 New Attraction Announcement – August 28

Six Flags Great Adventure and its sister parks throughout North America will announce exciting plans for the 2015 season. Information, photos and video will be available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

We knew the announcement date would come this month, just when. Obviously the big announcements (that we know of) are Colossus and Cyclone RMCification.

Others are claiming SFGAdv will receive their very own brand spanking new RMC, and both Texas parks are looking at new coasters as well.

Any general speculation can be done here until we get closer.

Not really sure just what kind of coaster SFFT will be getting. I would be guessing some kind of Eurofighter or smaller Sky Rocket type ride maybe?

I dont know how large that area really is in person, but from google maps, the motorama place doesnt seem all to big for a stretched out coaster.

Havent heard anything along the lines for SFGAdv, or even SFoT really.

Where have those speculations come from by chance?

The SFGAdv speculations don't make any sense. Why would they add an RMC when there's an Intamin prefab in the same park? I can see a GCI going in, but certainly not an RMC.

maybe great adventure is having el toro get the iron hoarse.

Ok, in all seriousness, here's my predictions for all the parks:

MM: People know Iron Collosus will happen, but they say it'll be a 2 year project. If it does take 2 years, I'm saying a SkyScreamer in the Deja Vu area.

GAdv: Either a new GCI or something medium sized.

GAm: This is my home park, so I know a bit. People back on SFGAm World are saying 2 main things: Sky Screamer and dark ride. I'm fine with either.

OT: I think it'll be some sort of dark ride in the Adventure Theater area.

NE: It's plain as day what they're doing. RMC is ripping up the track, and is going to I-box it. Everyone knows it.

FT: They're teasing like mad! Phone numbers, a balloon, Social Media, it's going to be big. And if you call, it says stuff like "Is your life Boring and Mundane?"(B&M), "Building a better tomorrow today!"(Gotham City slogan), etc. My money is on a Batman themed B&M wingrider.

DK: My guess is a new family ride.

OG: Again, I think family ride or a waterpark expansion. Probably a Tornado.

STl: Family coaster of some sort.

Am: Tsunami Soaker or another family ride.

Mex: They just got Medusa, so expect something small.

LR: Family attraction

GE: They need something. Big. Like, a coaster. Either that or Waterpark expansion.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Rumblings of SFGAdv getting RMC have been around since Giant came out. Over Texas I thought was getting a dark ride, or that's the speculation, I can't remember.

I can't imagine Colossus being ready by May (or July for that park), and expect that to be 2016 unless Six Flags just nukes all possibilities. They did put Full Throttle there so you never know.

Great Escape has that Lake Monster rumor from last year that never happened, which could be RMC, or Gravity Group if it's true.

BBH said:
The SFGAdv speculations don't make any sense. Why would they add an RMC when there's an Intamin prefab in the same park? I can see a GCI going in, but certainly not an RMC.

I agree. I swear if Six Flags is dumb enought to touch El Toro...

Most of RRC is leaning more to SFFT getting a flatride and not a coaster. Something from that new GCI project. http://skylineattractions.com/?p=new one of those.

tomahawk said:
Great Escape has that Lake Monster rumor from last year that never happened, which could be RMC, or Gravity Group if it's true.
Ha, thats for Darien Lake, not Great Escape. "was" gonna be the Predator makeover.

And as far as Over Georgia goes... since they half-ass (late) opened their all new water park this year, I'd be extremely shocked to see them add something NOT in the water park. When they added a water park to SFNE the next 3 or 4 additions to the park all went into Island Kingdom (now Hurricane Harbor) so I see them doing the same in GA

Glennderp said:
BBH said:

I agree. I swear if Six Flags is dumb enought to touch El Toro...

Well, I was thinking more that they have no reason to spend the money on an "extreme" woodie if they already have one in the park.

Well Six Flags isn't going to spend money they don't have to. Sure, within Cedar Fair, and within a park that badly needed another high-quality ride, it could have happened and did. You're dealing with a company that has a much different financial philosophy as they penny pinch their way out of bankruptcy.

Why are we suggesting that SFGAdv won't get an RMC because they have an Intamin prefab?

They're 2 completely different ride experiences and would visually be completely different too. Most major parks have more than 1 woodie so why can't Great Adventure? It'd fit perfectly into the park and I hope it happens.

^This. Many parks have multiple woodies, and the Six Flags chain is no exception. Great Adventure had two woodies until a short time ago when Rolling Thunder was removed.

Great Adventure is in a good position as it doesn't really have any obvious holes in its coaster lineup. A RMC would probably be a different ride experience than Toro, so putting one in doesn't seem like a terrible idea, as long as the rides are kept unique from one another. Yes, both would be modern, intense woodies, but being able to say that the park has two of the best wooden coasters in the world, on top of record breakers in KK and Zumanjaro...it seems plausible to me.

FT: They're teasing like mad! Phone numbers, a balloon, Social Media, it's going to be big. And if you call, it says stuff like "Is your life Boring and Mundane?"(B&M), "Building a better tomorrow today!"(Gotham City slogan), etc. My money is on a Batman themed B&M wingrider.

That's quite far-fetched!

Personally, I think at least one of the parks will get a wing coaster, most likely SFGAdv, SFOT, or SFFT. Although, any of the one's that haven't had a major attraction in a while (OG, DK) could get something big and also Magic Mountain, to maintain their excessive amount of rollercoasters. :wink:

I was about to post that, and seeing as it says April, Fiesta Texas is where all signs are pointing.

Glad to see S&S finally selling one of them. They look like really cool ride experiences and hopefully it'll do well for them.

It seems, from reading this, it would be a bit more family friendly than a zacspin.

At least with an S&S you won't get thrown out, just smacked with a cable.

tomahawk said:
It seems, from reading this, it would be a bit more family friendly than a zacspin.

From what I've seen of it so far it won't be anything family friendly, and very similar to the Zacspin.