What's new

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi | Manta | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster | 2023

Niles

Giga Poster
Construction is going well and on schedule for completion in 2022, currently they are 64% complete. The aquarium itself will be the largest on earth and contain over 68000 animals.

Aquarium concept art:
1628728271174.jpeg
1628728229573.jpeg
Recent construction photos:
1628728359714.jpeg
1628728728903.png
1628728746653.png
Sources:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Considering this is right next to Flying Aces, Fiorano GT Challange and Formula Rossa makes this an incredible area for coasters. Easily done within one day with Ferrari World and Sea World. Well done Abu Dhabi!

If the next SeaWorld coaster would be a hyper or giga the collection would be rounded off nicely, making it one of the most outstanding in the world.

StevenX

Roller Poster
Considering this is right next to Flying Aces, Fiorano GT Challange and Formula Rossa makes this an incredible area for coasters. Easily done within one day with Ferrari World and Sea World. Well done Abu Dhabi!

If the next SeaWorld coaster would be a hyper or giga the collection would be rounded off nicely, making it one of the most outstanding in the world.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that take. Formula Rossa is a great experience as a world record holder but the other two wouldn't trouble my top 50. People seem to like Flying Aces but I wasn't so keen, and GT Challenge is extremely average.

There's also very little in the way of flat, dark or other supplementary attractions to make the area worth a repeat visit at this point in my opinion. SeaWorld will help - but I suspect it'll be a case of doing both in a day and paying multiple times over to do two or more part-day parks in one day.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure I'd agree with that take. Formula Rossa is a great experience as a world record holder but the other two wouldn't trouble my top 50. People seem to like Flying Aces but I wasn't so keen, and GT Challenge is extremely average.

There's also very little in the way of flat, dark or other supplementary attractions to make the area worth a repeat visit at this point in my opinion. SeaWorld will help - but I suspect it'll be a case of doing both in a day and paying multiple times over to do two or more part-day parks in one day.

I absolutely love Ferrari World and according to my bio Flying Aces is my favourite coaster (maybe it isn't anymore, but it's up there). I love Flying Aces and GT Challange is one of my guilty pleasures. Formula Rossa is good but it's impossible to reride. Ferrari World is an incredibly beautiful park and has probably the best staff in the world. They also have quite a collection of non coaster attractions. They have a ton of simulators, a good kids area, a zipline, a Ferrari Museum, etc. Certainly one of the best attraction line ups for any indoor park.

I think SeaWorld will massively add to the attraction list. Just all the aquariums will be a huge thing to look at. If you only do the coasters at both parks you might be done in half a day but if you savour the whole atmosphere it will take longer.

StevenX

Roller Poster
I absolutely love Ferrari World and according to my bio Flying Aces is my favourite coaster (maybe it isn't anymore, but it's up there). I love Flying Aces and GT Challange is one of my guilty pleasures. Formula Rossa is good but it's impossible to reride. Ferrari World is an incredibly beautiful park and has probably the best staff in the world. They also have quite a collection of non coaster attractions. They have a ton of simulators, a good kids area, a zipline, a Ferrari Museum, etc. Certainly one of the best attraction line ups for any indoor park.

I think SeaWorld will massively add to the attraction list. Just all the aquariums will be a huge thing to look at. If you only do the coasters at both parks you might be done in half a day but if you savour the whole atmosphere it will take longer.
I think even with those things it's difficult to fill a day. I had lunch, did multiple re-rides on the coasters and went on all the attractions other than the kids' things and was done by early afternoon. It's a good little park, but in my opinion it's neither world class (outside of the record held by Formula Rossa) nor worthy of a full day. I really enjoyed my time there, but I also wouldn't rush back.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I think even with those things it's difficult to fill a day. I had lunch, did multiple re-rides on the coasters and went on all the attractions other than the kids' things and was done by early afternoon. It's a good little park, but in my opinion it's neither world class (outside of the record held by Formula Rossa) nor worthy of a full day. I really enjoyed my time there, but I also wouldn't rush back.

I get your point but I don't agree. You got the whole Yas Island with Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld (with an incredibly unique coaster), Warner Bros, the Yas mall, Yas F1 track and soon SeaWorld. There is plenty to do on that resort. Next to it there is the mosque which in itself deserves a full day.

Personally, I would spend just 1 day at Ferrari World and maybe 3 in the rest of the complex for a total of 4 days.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Is the name Manta official? I changed the thread title, but I haven't found any source to corroborate it, so now I'm unsure ... Might as well change it back.

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is some concept art of the Zamperla Junior coaster "Eel Racer" in the MicroOcean Realm.
1.png

Other rides opening in this are are.
  • Turtle Twist (WindstarZ)
  • Octozoom (Rockin' Tug)
  • Jelly Plunge (Jumpin’ Tower)
In the Artic realm Intamins first "Dome ride theatre" called "Hyperspace 360" will open.

1.JPG

The park has also released multiple videos for the opening as well as the 8 realms.

Source
Source
Via