What's new

Silver Dollar City | Fire In the Hole | RMC Refurb | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
MidwestInfoGuide dropped a bomb of a post on Reddit recently, stating that ground clearing is underway for an RMC indoor "Powered Coaster" ride that would open in 2023. It is also suggesting that this would be a replacement for the existing Fire In The Hole coaster (1972) that would be retired when this new attraction debuts, citing disrepair/age.
Again, nothing is confirmed until/unless it happens. Nevertheless, discuss it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/pmix8m

Last edited:

Skyye

Mega Poster
I never actually rode the train at SDC, I heard it's the only way to get a good view of outlaw run. Hopefully this new train will provide the same great view.

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
I was at SDC today and asked an attendant about the rumors… she said that they were building a new building in Firemen’s Landing to house the current ride- moving it over there and it would be the same everything. I’m taking the news with a grain of salt.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I was at SDC today and asked an attendant about the rumors… she said that they were building a new building in Firemen’s Landing to house the current ride- moving it over there and it would be the same everything. I’m taking the news with a grain of salt.
could mean moving all the same ride props with a new ride system also, the account dropping all this info on Reddit has a very strong track record.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
The old train will be retired and a new train ride will be built, which will apparently be much bigger.
Derp. After rereading the comments out of boredom, it turns out I misread and he actually said the old train DEPOT will be retired, with the new depot being closer to the roundhouse and being much bigger than the old one. The actual train ride itself is staying. Sorry bout that.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Some other updates:
FITH 1 is going because of structural issues, Blazing Fury will stay most likely
New train depot is in a holding pattern