What's new

Rides at Thorpe Park

choluby

Roller Poster
I want to take 2 friends to Thorpe Park but just don't know if I'll be the only one going on the rides.

One of them couldn't breath on rita and nemesis but loved apocalypse, shockwave and oblivion but didn't like 13. The other one is a bit less scared :greenjumpers:

That's a great story!

Now, do you have a question for the Q (question) & A (answer) topic?

Very few people on CF have been to Thorpe Park. It makes it really hard to answer your questions.

Watch the videos, and don't forget to write a trip report about Thorpe!

Come on guys give the lad a break, im sure he's only young and just wants get involved in the community.

Choluby..... Im sure you and your friends will be fine at Thorpe Park, however if one of your friends is scared of Thirteen then i certainly wouldn't advise him to ride the flying fish, It may just push him over the edge ;)
anyhow hope you have a great time.

choluby said:
Thanks Ian!!!!
Have you ever been to thorpe park?
Yeah, Thorpe Park is the park I visit the most. I've been there six times already this season!

There aren't many "gentle" rides at Thorpe, so it may not be wise going to the park with pansies, but I'm pretty sure they will enjoy it after a few of the "easy" rides.

I go to Thorpe very regularly, if you are a bit unsure but want to try a big ride and not be put off then go for Nemesis Inferno, it may look big but it is actually quite tame, if you ride Saw first then it might put you off, most people head for Saw and Colossus first thing so Inferno has very little queue then. Stealth is also another good choice as it isn't bumpy or rough but is the bigggest thing there, if you can do either then do these 2 first, for flats do Rush, Slammer takes a bit of courage as it looks horrendous to those who just watch.

:lol: Thanks guys................................

so Nemesis Inferno first then stealth then colossus then saw and slammer and rush randomly in between

Be careful with rush, my friend and I found that it was the worst of the bunch as there isn't much to hold onto bar one small bar which is awkward to hold onto. But definitely Nemesis first, I would say try colossus soon after and leave saw and stealth for after.

Just go to the park and enjoy yourself!

I'll never understand why people (not just you choluby, it happens a lot) can't just go to a park and find out for themselves instead of asking a million pointless questions.

Where's the fun?!

gavin said:

I'll never understand why people (not just you choluby, it happens a lot) can't just go to a park and find out for themselves instead of asking a million pointless questions.

Where's the fun?!

This is a very valid point Gavin, And to be honest i don't think our opinion would mean for much.
He states in his first post that his friend was fine on Apocolype and Oblivion but was scared of Thirteen! Im pretty sure that not many CFers would share that opinion meaning our feedback wouldn't be of much use anyways.

choluby said:
Does anyone know about X: no way out?
Don't bother with it, it can gain really long queues and it's a wast of valuable ride time. Just go on inferno immediately and don't let them think about going on it, keep them talking, try to get them not to look at it. And literally as soon as they sit in seat for the ride just pull their restraints down. Just get them to try to not think about it, because ultimately the anticipation is far worse than acctualy going on the ride.

Where's the fun?!

But what if I get to the park and my friends don't go on the rides?

That would ruin my birthday treat! :(