• Rapids are best

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst writing the Dennlys Parc park guide (coming soon), the park's press pack suggested that rapids are better than log flumes because riders face each other, allowing more interaction and excitment.
Dennlys press pack (churned through Google Translate) said:
The Crazy River is the ultimate family water attraction.
VISITORS to take place in round buoys. more user-friendly than traditional logs a River Splash, buoys
turning on themselves in each of the impact against the paroies circuit and allow everyone to enjoy the reactions of others participants. The course in troubled waters with spectacular whirlpool becomes even more fun. The effect of "splash" is provided thanks to two separate falls.
Do you agree with Denno The Tortoise, do you think rapid rides are more enjoyable and fun than log flumes or is he talking out of his arse?

I totally agree that river rapids are more fun than log flumes although not for all of the same reasons. I usually find that I get more wet and get much more variation from ride to ride on a rapids ride. The group interaction is definitely fun but I also just tend to find the layouts of rapids rides more fun. I will ride a rapids ride over and over and over but a log flume usually only needs one ride if even that. There are of course exceptions like Splash Mountain and I'm not really sure if it's relevant to rides like Jurassic Park into the discussion but in my opinion I have found the majority of river rapids attractions to be great fun.

In that aspect, yes, but if you're put with randomers then it can get a bit weird, I had a conversation with one of you lot once about the weird little communities you create on rapids rides when you're all forced to go through the 'horror' together haha XD

I think the random "who's goping to get wet" element is more exciting in a rapids boat than a flume log. In a log, it tends to be the rider in the front who gets the wettest. Rapids are unpredictable in comparison to flog lumes.

Rapids are amazing and are always a fun laugh, except for the Roman Rapids at Busch which resulted in me looking like a hideous drowned sewer rat and being soaked to the bone :p . But, when it's at other people's expense, it's jokes!

Log flumes are a tad boring.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Rapids are amazing and are always a fun laugh, except for the Roman Rapids at Busch which resulted in me looking like a hideous drowned sewer rat and being soaked to the bone :p . But, when it's at other people's expense, it's jokes!

Log flumes are a tad boring.

Oh god Roman Rapis :cry:

River rapids are better if you really want to get wet. Log flumes can be more exciting on the drop but if a rapids ride has a drop it wins hands down.

I love rapids because of the surprise of who's going to get wet, but I prefer log flumes unless the drop is small. I much prefer Rip Saw Falls to any rapids.

Rapids rides are more unpredictable, but can often be quite boring if there is not much rapids. I love log flumes because they are such great traditional family rides and i just find them so much more fun than rapids rides. One big feature that separates the two are drops, which i find the most exciting parts to the ride, which was one of the main reasons i prefer log flumes. My favorite rapids rides are Grizzly River Run and River Quest and thats mainly because of the drops.

I like them both, and find it hard to pick a favourite. Although a bit alike it's good they are different enough that log flumes and rapids can co-exist at the same park.

However, I do think log flumes with just one drop are a waste. If you want to go down a river take the rapids, if you want exciting drops put 'em on the flume. So, at Legoland Windsor the rapids beat the flume hands down but at Thorpe the flume is better.

I like log flumes but unless they are really different (I'm looking at the two in Florida) I find them a bit boring. Rapids are just so unpredictable and I find that more exciting, unless we're looking at UK ones which seem to fail at life.

Jordan, those little communities you were on about, I love that, it brings randomers together for those few minutes. Doesn't matter where you come from or what language you speak there is just a general census of 'who's going to get soaked next?' and it's just a fun atmosphere amongst a group of strangers, I love it.

Yeah, Rapids are considerably better. There's more enjoyment when there more people, even when the random chance goes out the window like in the American Rapids we did where they just Decide to dump water into the boat consistantly.

Roman Rapids is a first hand example and I saw the after effects of Dorney's...

I'm not really a fan of water rides in general because I hate having to walk around the park afterwards in soggy clothes. So that being said, I really don't enjoy rapids at all, whereas flumes are alright to me so long as I don't sit in the front of the log.

Personally I find the boat rides like Escape from Pompeii or Jurassic Park to be much more enjoyable. They give enough wetness to cool you down without overdoing it, the drops tend to be bigger, and the themed ones such as those listed are just better rides overall.

Log Flume!

It's classic, it's old school, it's AMUURICANN.

I would have always said rapids, but then I remember Germany...

I didn't find any of the rapids there particularly fantastic (though Tripsdill's were quite funky), but I loved each of the log flumes I rode. I think it says more about the fact that their Flumes were very good, but the rapids were just "rapids".

So usually rapids win, but only because the common flumes are pretty dull - certainly in the UK. If a Flume is quirky and has lots to see and comment on, it can be superb fun and the three German ones managed that (I seem to remember Liseberg's and Hershey's being good too). Alton's Flume is a bore-fest though, Logger's Leap is bland and Blackpool's being replaced was an excellent move.

Rapids need a heavy boat to do anything so if your put on your own, they're awful. With a full, heavy boat, They are really fun. Same goes with Storm Surge.

The drops are the only good bits on log flumes but as it doesn't matter about boat weight, I generally prefer them.

I don't know, the only rapids I like is Popeye at Island of Adventures. While I enjoy most log flumes but Popeye was one of the fun rides I have ever been on.

I've been on some really epic rapids, I think they're a quirkier kind of a ride, there's a lot more variety in what rapids do compared to flumes. Yes, most parks pretty much do the same thing with their rapids, but when you come across one that does something unique it really is unforgettable (Phantasialand). So for that reason, rapids.

I prefer log flumes, just because the drops make them a bit more exciting, and you always get a good photo on a log flume! The meandering sections on log flumes tend to be more heavily-themed than most rapids as well, which is always a plus.
I am one of those people who never gets wet on the rapids; so I find unless you're in a big group, they can be pretty dull. (Excluding Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges - where everyone comes off looking like they've just had a swim)

I really like both, but you'd have to say that Rapids are more fun due to the 'out of control-ness' of them.