What's new

Pool of Black, Beach of Pleasure

Nic

Strata Poster
So Sara and I went to PBB on Sat (25/4) and it was great.

Drove up to Sara's on fri night which was fairly uneventful (apart from driving past what I swear was a dead body under a blanket on the other side of the Westway - which was closed due to a major accident). We had nommy fajitas, played a bit of Rock Band then watched 'Girls of the Playboy Mansion' (which is hillarious) before going to sleep.

Woke up at 5am. Got up, and was in the car just before 6. Sara was driving, which was great cause it mean I could sit back, relax (apart from her car keep smacking me on the head), and take control of the ipod. We arrived at the park and collected our BOGOF wristbands (Thanks Nicky!!!) at 10:02 :)

I'm now pretty much just gonna post our ride count because I'm ****ing knackered, and have no photos.

Derby Racers
Spinny flying thingy
Ice Blast
Wild Mouse
Big Dipper
PMBO
Steeplechase x3 (one on each track)
Revolution
Magic Mountain
Zipper Dipper
Avalanche
Infusion
Ghost Train
Alice in Wonderland
Nash x2 (1 each side)
River Caves
Gallopers
Chinese Maze
Pleasure Beach Express
Nash x2 (1 each side)

So yeah, biggest queue for anything was about 10 mins. Everything was running well. Didn't see any closures or breakdowns apart from the ones we already knew about (ie, Space Invader, Roller Coaster, Trauma Towers). We had lunch at the 'Italian Job' pizza buffet... and the main thing to note - The Mini has gone from the roof!!! Grrr! Food was nice etc. Most comical thing was the fact that they obviously didn't want to pay for a music licence, so had the same 30 second clip of 'Brerathe Again' by Toni Braxton, on loop, the whole time we were in there. I'm not kidding.

The new 'dancing' fountains are quite a good addition. Whiklst they're not a patch on the bellagio, they have the added bonus that peopel, can run through them. This makes it a great spectator sport, and well worth stopping for a couple of minutes to watch. Also a good way of keeping yourself entertained whilst queuing for Nash.

Spent the evening having some food and a few quiet drinks in a pub, after having struck the jackpot on one of those ticket machines in the arcade. I won enough tickets (having spent 40p) to get an ipod case, a phone case, and a 14 fruit salad chews. Hurrah!

This morning we got up, had a fantastic brekkie in the B&B, then caught the tram along the beach to the North Piew and Tower. We spent a while sat in the ballroom in the tower with a cup of tea watching the grannies dancing. It was hillarious, and well worth doing if you're ever there. VERY entertaining. Especially when one of them was showing off and went arse over tit. Oh, also, their dinosaur themed 3D cinema was one of the most bizarre and disturbing expreiences of my life.

After that we wandered back down the beach to South pier to get the spinning mouse credit. Its a spinning mouse... not a lot else to say. After a trip to MaccyD's, it was back to the car and headed home. Got back to Sara's about 5:45. I had a nightmare journey getting back here, and finally arrived at 9. ARGH! Anyhoo. It was a great weekend... but now I need sleep!

How the hell did you get there in four hours?! Jealous! I loved Blackpool it was awesome glad you had a good time.

^ because I was driving! ;) actually, it was 3 hours 50 min on the way there with a short petrol stop 5 mins after we set off and half an hour stop at Stafford "best approach road" services for brekkie; and 3 hours 40 on the way home, with yet another petrol stop and a bog break on the M1. Oh and I went on the M6 toll road cos it's ace. That certainly saved us time on the return as we leap frogged a ton of road works.