What's new

Pleasure Beach Blackpool PTR 24/08/09 (Page 2 TR 25/10/09)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I went to PBB again yesterday as I was on holiday in Blackpool for 3 days. I didn't take any pictures so instead of making a new topic for it, I thought I'd just add in the extra stuff here.

So we got the tram to Pleasure Beach from a stop about 15 minutes walk from where we were staying and got in PBB at about 12 to find Big One was closed because it was too windy. :(

Anyway, first stop was Grand National which was much better than last time I went. Lots of airtime, more enjoyable and much less pain. :) Next was River Caves which was good like last time except the annoying queueing of boats at the end.

Then we had dinner next to the water spectacular which was really good, funny seeing people get soaked on a freezing day in the middle of October.

So next up was Infusion which was also way better than last time, went in back row this time very forceful and enjoyable, not as much head bashing. It looks really good over the water and I really like it.

I think we did Irn-Bru next which was good, the drop was better than I remembered with great airtime, and the backwards loop is great. We went to go on Avalanche next but it had broken down.

Rollercoaster was next and the queue went down very quick, hardly ever stopped moving considering there was only one train. Less bumpier than last time I think but still no airtime.

Can't really remember the order but got rides on Ghost Train and Gold Mine which were pretty good. Also got on Wild Mouse which I love, great airtime and really fun turns.

This time we wanted to do Ice Blast so went on it and the launch up is really fun, can't tell when you're going go and really fun, we were on the side where you can see the sea.

We saw Avalanche had opened just as it was going dark so got a ride on that, went on the back this time, really loved it like last time really good ride, especially the banking transition near the end where it takes the photo. Was even better in the dark.

Everyone was ready to go by now, but me and my cousin wanted a ride on Infusion on the dark so we went over to see no queue. We got back row again and was even better in the dark. It looks fantastic in the dark with all the water. The spray was on when we went down the first drop aswell, and there were these guys on the train who kept going garlic bread like Peter Kay and we kept doing it back, was really funny. Really good way to finish off though.

So overall had a great day, not a massive ride count because with grandparents and cousins who want to do other stuff etc. but was brilliant. We went and saw the illuminations after on a tram which was also really good.

Ride count:

Infusion x2
Grand National (Left lift)
River Caves
Irn-Bru Revolution
Roller coaster
Ghost Train
Gold Mine
Avalanche
Ice Blast
Wild Mouse

Having a second ride on the things that I did made them seem better to me probably because I knew to expect the bumpiness and had got used to it so enjoyed them more. But for some reason at about 4 they seemed to close half the coasters, then re-opened them again at dark. Not good when they charge £30 on the gate (we payed £20 from vouchers) and they have half the rides closed in the afternoon.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Did you win on Nash?

I still have not won yet on both sides...

Can't belive they shut half the rides, that sounds pretty daft, unless there were problems.

No Valhalla? Tut tut tut...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Lost on Grand National. I think Avalanche had a break down, but Alice in Wonderland and Grand National just randomly closed. And it was seriously cold and windy and forgot to take macks, so there was no way I was riding Valhalla when it was that cold and windy.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Good point, I probably wouldn't either.

Randomly closed? Sounds very odd, I wonder why. They must have been expecting problems or there was just no point having them open for whatever reason until dark. Was there a big queue for them?

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Pretty much average queues at the time I think, not sure. I just know there were a few rides that were closed at a certain time period.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
:oops:
I actually really like Roller Coaster. On the first occasion I rode it (no belts, no bars) it was flying around the course and had amazing ejector air. I'll certainly admit that during my 2nd trip there, it wasn't nearly as good, but when it's running well... It can be an amazing thing. I know I'm not the only one who's experienced this, as more than a few other enthusiasts have experienced the ride on one of these good/great days.

A

Anonymous

I too enjoyed RC with no bars/belts it was really good to move around n feel the force as it ejects u at points.