What's new

NL Competition 10 2013 - Go Loopy

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
dmf1vh0tg004ecoajjc0ol.jpg

Schwarzkopf pioneered the roller coaster industry with his high quality, ultra smooth thrill rides. Many are still in existence today, although most have been relocated. Some have even been relocated more than once. Your objective is to replicate a compact, semiportable Schwarzkopf looper.

Rules:
-No tools
-No 3Ds
-You must remain inside the largest square
-You may use either style Schwarzkopf looper: classic or modern

Ctrl+g and iSmooth are encouraged. Feel free to add terrain and water features! Judging criteria is the same:

Technique - 10 points
Realism - 10 points
Originality - 10 points
Adrenaline - 10 points
Aesthetics - 5 points
User ratings - 10 points
Bonus - 15

Total - 70 points

The bonus will work by how small you build your ride. The outside square is 0 points and the inside most square is 5 points. Everything in between increases by one point from outside in. You can earn a max of five points for length, five points for width, and five points for height of your ride, depending on which 'zone' it falls in. The final bonus score will be all three numbers added up.

Due date: October 1st, 2013.

Please send all tracks with your USERNAME to marcantinossi [at] gmail [dot] com.

Template download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?285r6wdkdzzr334

Good luck to those competing! If anybody has any questions, ask in the topic.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So how low to the ground does the station need to be? This will be...interesting.

Do supports have to stay in the boxes as well or just track?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
So how low to the ground does the station need to be? This will be...interesting.

Do supports have to stay in the boxes as well or just track?

I apologise if I'm wrong, but usually, if there is a box, everything has to stay inside which relates to the coaster, ie. Track, supports, Station building etc.

Error

Strata Poster
Should this ride be more realistic to traditional loopers, or are we allowed to branch out to modern elements like beyond vertical drops?

Sent from Applejack while out and about.

BBH

Giga Poster
How many more of these will we be doing, or is this the last one? I want to do well in at least one of them (the corkscrew competition was a total disaster for me) and I suck at building Anton's. :lol:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Tom: As these rides are supposed to be semi-portible, let's keep the supports inside the largest box this time.

Error: It's your ride. If you want to do it, go for it. Schwarzkopf designed some out of control rides, but keep the judging criteria in mind.

BBH: As long as there is interest, I plan on doing these until around Thanksgiving or so and then taking a "holiday break."

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll sticky these, the riders choice and results topics on a cycle as they're announced.

Jer

Strata Poster
10 comps in, and for the benefit of my independent rides I am taking this one off, good luck people!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So I only received two tracks, and therefor I won't be furthering the contest. Competition 11 will be out soon.