What's new

New "mouthwash station" at Thorpe

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Damn, just when I thought Thorpe was on the right track with their superb marketing of Swarm, I read this...

Visitors to a leading theme park have been complaining about the bad breath of fellow passengers as they scream their way through the rides.

Thorpe Park in Surrey has now decided to offer a mouthwash to customers after receiving an increasing number of complaints, especially as temperatures have risen in recent weeks.

Garlic and cigarettes are the most common odours causing the biggest stink.

Mike Vallis, divisional director at Thorpe Park, said: "Perhaps as rides have got more extreme over the years, people are screaming harder and as a result some are spreading their offensive oral odours amongst other riders.

"Complaints have hit an all-time high and it was decided that action needed to be taken. We obviously want to make the experience of our rides as enjoyable as possible for everyone and with the new mouthwash station there are no excuses for anyone to have unfortunate smelling breath."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/break ... 32018.html

I'll look out for it on Saturday and get photos.

Thorpe Park in Surrey has now decided to offer a mouthwash to customers after receiving an increasing number of complaints

Do the people who make this **** up even realise what they are saying?

There's creating PR stunts, then there's just plain stupidity.

So a while back they told us we all have BO, now they're saying we all have bad breath.

Seriously? I mean, really? What is wrong with Merlin's PR department? How can they possibly see these ridiculous stunts as being good ideas?

In a way I see this as Thorpe just poking fun at our 'politically correct' or even 'daren't offend anyone' society culture that has arisen in the UK. It is like they are intentionally taking the piss to stamp out any kind of offensive behaviour with a really ironic poke towards the visitors of the park.

They probably have had ridiculous complaints like the guy in front of me had hideous B.O. or breath... Like the park can ACTUALLY do anything about it. Trust me, some guests are that stupid to complain about these things. All Thorpe are doing is poking the fun right on back and highlighting some peoples stupidity with ridiculous yet somewhat amusing and ironic PR Stunts.

MEh, if it gets them in the papers and reminds people that the park exists (in case they forgot in the 30 seconds since the last stunt) let them get on with it...

It does make me think of raising some complaints myself... If I complain about the totally hideous fashion decisions made by some of the visitors will they bring in a dress code? :p

PS... I dare someone to walk round the park wearing a TShirt that says 'I have B.O and Bad Breath'... wonder what would happen LOL

yeah really I dont think thorpe park are stupid, I think that the people who are going there are stupid. Thorpe is simply pleasing and shutting up their guests, imagine how annoying it would be to receive so many complaints about this. What the hell is thorpe park supposed to do about people not brushing their dam teeth?!
dam people are retarted. Isnt there a rule at alton towers too you can put up your hands because of armpit odor or something? Really what a headaches for the park.
At least next time someone complains at Thorpe the park can say shut up theres a dam mouthwash stand! haha lol.

This just screams crappy publicity stunt... they should be happy for all the attention they are getting from SWARM, or as I like to call it, Swarm

Who complains about that, although i have sat next to someone with very bad breath you dont really smell it because your going to fast.

This appeared in the local paper...

In Oldham... :roll:

I'm all for publicity, but does it always have to be something like this... Compare this to the Towers Greatest Ride thing that's going on and it just smells stupidly bad...

Honestly though, imagine blokes in an office looking through the newspaper "haha have ya seen this what Thorpe Park are doing? Mouthwash because the guests have bad breath!" *cue banter between each other about how it would be more appropriate for whoever* after thats setlled down "wheres this then, this thorpe park??".

Love it.