What's new

New for 2012 at Rainbow Magicland

peep

CF Legend
The park had been hinting for the last couple of months that it was adding some extra 'magic' to the park for the 2012 season. It's finally been revealed in an Italian podcast interview with management that they are adding a new stunt show and a splash battle.

Details seem to be minimal at the moment but they revealed that the splash battle will be on the lake and have a battleship theme. Obviously my Italian is too minimal to understand the podcast so what I'm posting is based off what I've read on Italian forums via the google translater.

After all the complaints and unexpected high guest numbers they are also making a lot of changes in terms of how they run the park etc. It sounds like several small attractions are going to be removed and theming is going to be added to several attractions, mainly the indoor spinning coaster and if rumours are true Bomborun is also getting the station it should have had from the beginning. Someone also mentioned about the drop tower gaining some new theming at the top of the tower, once again I don't know how true this info is.

Management seem to be aware that queuelines were an issue so I'm hoping this is another thing they are going to be sorting out.

In an earlier interview apparently it was revealed that there would be 3 new attractions for next year, whether the third one got cut or just wasn't mentioned in the more recent interview due it just being a new film in the planetarium is unsure at the moment. I'm not too bothered, the fact they're adding anything just shows how successful they were in their first season and I think that's fantastic news in itself.

Sources: theparks.it Parksmania.it forum

^What was wrong with the rapids platform?

Just.........anything to make the place better? More trees, actually make the theming look finished, etc.

John, what station was Bomborun meant to have?

And does anyone know what the hell was meant to be in the big yellow castle thing inbetween the kiddie land and the drop tower? Seems like a massive building but was closed when we went.

It didn't rotate is the essential thing...

Probably the WORST loading procedure I've ever seen on a Rapids in my life... Load 2 boats at a time, unload 1? WHERE DID THE SENSE GO?

Bomborun's proposed station was actually on the park map, the reason why I know about it tbh. It's the big house from the TV show, not sure if it was going to be big enough to have a pre-show or queueline or anything but then again the map also has the coaster the wrong way round, no idea why that changed lol.

The big yellow castle thing was a restaurant but it had silly opening times, it was closed when we walked past it twice too but I think it was meant to be open at some point during the day or something.

Nemesis Inferno said:
It didn't rotate is the essential thing...

Probably the WORST loading procedure I've ever seen on a Rapids in my life... Load 2 boats at a time, unload 1? WHERE DID THE SENSE GO?

LOL really? Italians are absolutely the best at chaotic operations. And yay, Splash battle... stunt show, joy...

Wasn't Shock meant to have more theming? A pre show if I remember correct, that's why that weird track is there before the launch.. Hope they would add something like that!

There's a little update of this on Screamscape:

12/30/11) TheParks.it has posted an update about a whole bunch of changes coming to Rainbow Magicland in 2012. For starters, the park will add a new Splash Battle type attraction, possibly called Battleship, which will be added into the central lake. They are also planning a new 2000 seat venue for a new stunt show. A new musical show is also planned.
Many changes are reported to be in the works for the existing attractions to improve the guest experience. According to the report, Shock (Maurer X-Car) will undergo some kind of change to increase capacity, Drakkar (Rapids) will increase throughput by some kind of change to the load platform, Yucatan (Spillwater) may increase the number of boats and Huntik (dark ride) was reported to be change “the path” of the ride somehow. Cagliostro (Maurer Spinning Coaster) will redesign the station entirely and Bomborun may add a new train.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/rainbow_magicland.htm

How the hell are they going to change the route of Huntik? I love the sound of everything else though, especially the fact that the non-spinning-spinning coaster is getting a proper station and that the rapids will be getting a better loading system.

Rumours are saying that there will be 4 new rides coming to Rainbow Magic Land this year, including the Splash Battle that was supposed to open last year.

You'll all be wetting yourself with excitement now! The 4 new attracions are:

Splash Battle
Action Drive (kids gokarts)
Playground
Demonia (Haunted attraction)

Though to be fair, they've made a half decent job of the kids karts:

169ta.jpg

170dgf.jpg

171iju.jpg

172sr.png

174ki.jpg

175fn.jpg

176l.jpg

http://theparks.it

Oh I didn't even know about the other rides. Looks like a random addition but I do like the look of it.

Loving that theming for such a small kiddie ride.

So it turns out that Demonia was part of the Halloween Event they did in 2012 and they've kept it on to open it as a permanent feature, interesting.

It seems so, it's really hard to find out exactly what it is, it just seems like a Scare Attraction at the moment. I did read an article saying it's going to be a more adult based attraction. I'd just say it'd be a generic randomly scened horror-based attraction.

^ That was posted about on the previous page.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these new additions both turn out. I hope they theme them well, like they did with some of their other rides.