What's new

Mystery new attraction at Dreamworld Australia

Build a rapids, I dare you. Reverse several years of image rehabilitation.
I usually don't do this, but you got me thinking. A well themed "Amazonia esq " one (without the issues) would be nice. Use the old abandoned amphitheater, and fake mountain for saving money on esthetics and ground levels/grading.
Not gonna happen of course, so probably a dark ride/theater.

Intamin have quite an extensive collection of indoor attractions, wouldn't count that out just yet.

Dug it up myself on the Australian Trademark Search, should offer some more details including the Goods & Services below;
Screen Shot 2024-09-11 at 8.08.11 AM.png
Source

Back in July there were a large handful of paint markers sighted around the current Claw. Dots seem to line up pretty well.
ClawMarks.jpg
Source

So yes, I can believe that a newer and larger Gyro Swing is coming in to replace The Claw. Would also be more financially sound than adding a huge and much more expensive wide-audience-appeal coaster or water ride so soon after Jungle Rush/Rivertown. Let something bigger cook for awhile, it'll come eventually...

The Claw is an Intamin Gyro Swing which opened in 2004 and is newer than Maelstrom at Drayton Manor. It could work if Claw is unreliable or if it's much larger. I'd be sceptical that they'd replace one ride for something very similar other than an upgrade or to replace something that's unreliable.

There is a gap in the line up for a water ride as the ride doesn't have any which in the Australian climate, it would be a rather smart move to go for. I'd say a Flume style ride would be a great addition to the line up.