What's new

Mt Olympus Limited Ride Availability?

znt

Roller Poster
I'm going to be in Madison this weekend and thought I'd take an opportunity to visit Mt Olympus to hit some rides since my last visit in the late 90s.

The problem is that it says the outdoor park will be open weather permitting (no problem), but with limited ride availability (aargh). I've called a few times and I've gotten different answers from different people. One person told me that it will be posted to their website which rides will be available the week of, which isn't the case. Another said all coasters except for Hades 360 will be open, which is one of the primary reasons were going but if I can still ride Cyclops and Zeus I'll still take the 2 hour round trip to/from Madison. Today I was told only one coaster and one go-kart track will be open, but they have no idea how to figure out which ones until the day of.

Does anyone have any experience with visiting while there was limited ride availability? I can't find any announcements on the social media pages even for prior years.

as an FYI, it wasn't worth going and I can see why no one knew the answer. no one who works at the park actually knows what's going on and it was a complete mess.

we called on saturday to see what was open and we were told zeus and cyclops, so we decided to take the drive.

when we got there we asked an employee how to get into the outdoor park and we were told that it was closed and only open to hotel guests.

we went up to the hotel to tell them we wanted to go to the park and that's the only reason we wanted to book a room and they said we could just buy tickets for $40 a piece. When we asked which rides were open we were told only zeus and we said we were told by someone else that both zeus and cyclops were open. They said they would confirm for us and 10 minutes later they let us know zeus and cyclops were open but only weather permitting (it wasn't raining or cold).

we decided to leave because I had a feeling I was going to pay $80 for us to get in and then not be able to ride anything. when we pulled away we saw one of the coasters (zeus?) going up the lift but there was no one in it and the park was supposed to be open for a few hours at that point. we'll visit some other time I guess