What's new

Most Beautiful Park

nadroJ

CF Legend
I know this has probably been done before but I flicked back through 5 pages and couldn't see anything so here we go.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg claims itself to be the world's most beautiful theme park. Do you agree, and if not, which park would you say is the most beautiful?

I disagree and although I haven't been there, I would say that Dollywood is the most beautiful. All it's rides look so natural in their placement and colour schemes and things, nothing is garish and theme-parkish, the foliage and greenery is beautiful, the use of water features is breathtaking and all of the buildings in the park look gorgeous. Add that to things such as staff costumes, sounds from rollercoasters to country music and the smell of a BBQ on the go I simply can't imagine any park to be more beautiful than Dollywood.

I would also say Dollywood. The park just looks amazing from every angle, it's well kept and has has excellent rides that blend in with the enviroment of the park.

Another vote for Dollywood! I love the way the park retains that rural theme with the landscaping and foliage. It almost has a cosy feel to it.

It's not perfect, but Efteling deserves a mention. The perfectly kept flowers and trees everywhere combined with the lakes and fountains make it a really nice place to be.

BGW and Dollywood are both very pretty, just in different ways. Dollywood is more rustic and natural, while Busch is more immersive and sometimes surprising. The landscaping, gardening, and architecture at Busch are very impressive, so the beauty of the park and its attention to detail really jump out at you. Meanwhile, Dollywood's beauty is much more subtle. It'd be very difficult to pick a 'more beautiful' park between the two, so I'll just say that either one could rightfully lay claim to the title.

kimahri said:
Evergreen Gardens

:--D

How has nobody mentioned Alton Towers? I love that place! Sometimes it doesn't even feel like you're in an amusement park, and the atmosphere in the majority of the park is great.

I second Snoo who said Busch, Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City though! I wasn't a huuuuge fan of Silver Dollar City, but I can't deny that it had a nice atmosphere.

Alton Towers - it's surreal, to be honest. Walking through the front gates, I could hardly believe what I was looking at it.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - the theming plays in perfectly with the natural beauty.

Silver Dollar City - nothing compares to the view from the top of Wildfire. Holy crap...

Ocean Park gets points for view and setting, although the actual park is a bit dumpy to be honest. I'd say the same applies to Alton too - it happens to be in a pretty place, but doesn't really take advantage of it. I feel as though the scenery at Alton is seen as more 'in the way' and a hindrance to the growth of the park rather than something which benefits it these days.

I've just been thinking about and PortAventura is gawjuss!
It's area theming is excellent and eveything is in the right place. Stunning park.

Jake said:
Ocean Park gets points for view and setting, although the actual park is a bit dumpy to be honest. I'd say the same applies to Alton too - it happens to be in a pretty place, but doesn't really take advantage of it. I feel as though the scenery at Alton is seen as more 'in the way' and a hindrance to the growth of the park rather than something which benefits it these days.

I absolutely disagree.

Jake said:
I agree. I think the park is beautiful, as are the towers! But I really dislike how they've cramped some areas with rides and others are dead, and the theming doesn't fit in all with the beautiful setting and the towers.. It's strange since Alton really could be a stunning place!

I think my vote for most beautiful park would probably go to Port Aventura. Amazing theming and brilliant landscaping! The lake by the entrance is beautiful and it's very nice how they've taken advantage of the terrain with Baco swooping over the lake. Polynesia is amazing too but my favourite has to be the stunning view of China, the great wall and Dragon Kahn towering over it <3 now with Shambhala too of course!

^ When I went to PA it WAS nice on the surface, but if you looked closer everything was quite vile and grubby, gum and graffiti on every surface and just generic Spanish grossness </3

And I know what you mean about Alton. If they'd done a Dollywood and had a consistent kind of theme running throughout the park, with all the shops, rides and theming all fitting in to one kind of style then it could work. But there are random bits of what the hell (The Flume and Spinball, for instance) that stick out like a sore thumb and disrupt what could be a very subtle and gorgeous looking park.

I have to say that Disneyland in California is the most beautiful park that I have ever been too. I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned yet.

nadroJ said:
And I know what you mean about Alton. If they'd done a Dollywood and had a consistent kind of theme running throughout the park, with all the shops, rides and theming all fitting in to one kind of style then it could work. But there are random bits of what the hell (The Flume and Spinball, for instance) that stick out like a sore thumb and disrupt what could be a very subtle and gorgeous looking park.
Exactly! I think Hex and the Dark forest theme suites the park perfectly but X-sector, the flume and other areas are just gross..

nadroJ said:
When I went to PA it WAS nice on the surface, but if you looked closer everything was quite vile and grubby, gum and graffiti on every surface and just generic Spanish grossness </3
I really love the effort put into the place; the design and landscaping of the park is truley stunning <3 But as you say they have a big problem with spanish teenagers who apparently enjoys spitting chewing gum, smoking and spraying graffiti in the queues >< But my love for the park is so strong that I turn a blind eye for the graffiti problem!