What's new

Krakow mystery cred - Euromir?!

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
I'll keep it brief - recently headed back to Energylandia. Got +6 and had a chance to reassess some of my top tens.

But the main excitement was a mystery cred in Krakow. The name: Euromir.

I stumbled upon this through my brother - he had been researching the Krakow Eye attraction and noticed a small funfair around the base. He showed me a pic and lo and behold... A strange looking coaster.

Reminiscent of a caterpillar coaster but with three levels to it, it became a must to visit. After 4km on foot we arrived. Quite a dowdy set up. Lots of small rides not staffed. Found the ticket desk and the coaster was a remarkable £5 per person (25pln). Heading up to it, it looked like some sort of SBF Visa contraption. But after riding, it definitely seemed far jankier. Horrible transitions, a frankly uncomfortable wheel propelled lift and a roll back once when we didn't manage to make it to the top fully. But we got the cred.

After a bit of research it seems to be created by a dubious manufacturer named Yamasakutalab. Rcdb says there's nothing known about them. They have rides around smaller European countries. There's a POV on Facebook for those wanting to search. I've added a few photos so you can get an idea of the ride. What a treat!

Attachments

• IMG-20240906-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20240906-WA0008.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20240906_115651962.jpg
    PXL_20240906_115651962.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20240906_115520051.jpg
    PXL_20240906_115520051.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 32
Yeah, I've ridden this at the same place at around this time last year. A very janky coaster that ended up being a surprise +1 for us too when we spotted it from the castle.

Yeah did 1.5 days at EL last month. Left around 4pm on the 2nd day and headed into Krakow for a look around. Spotted the wheel and the booster, went to investigate and sure enough this was here. Jankiest multi launch coaster ever.
Theres a tyre drive in the station, and then one halfway up the lift. It does a sort of swing launch, making it halfway up the lift before rolling back throug the station.
On the 2nd pass you make it over the top and complete the rest of the course.
At the end of the ride the reverse happens, you overshoot the station, go about halfway up the lift, then reverse back:

Heres my vid:

Last edited: