What's new

Isla Magica | Spain | Wood coaster | 2026

Niles

Giga Poster
Looks like a new woodie is coming to Spain and to a park that needs a new cred.

Here is some info.
  • Name: ?
  • Occupied area: 6,000 m2
  • Budget: €2.7 million
  • Type: roller coaster
  • Manufacturer: ?
  • Model: wooden
  • Data:
    • Number of trains: 1
    • Capacity of each train: 16 people
    • Duration: 1 minute and 33 seconds
    • Maximum speed: 68 km/h
    • Height: 25 m
    • Length: 595 m
  • Dates:
    • Granting of building permit: 8 October 2024
    • Opening: 2026
Looks like a decent layout, but i love the lake location. Planning has also been approved.
IMG_20241015_105347.jpg
IMG_20241015_105359.jpg
IMG_20241015_105333.jpg
Source

Edit: Their getting a pool expansion to.
IMG_20241015_105917.jpg

Also this park is part of the Looping Group, so along with Mer De Sable i wonder if they have done a multi buy wood coaster deal, could we see some more woodies at their other parks?

Last edited:
Also this park is part of the Looping Group, so along with Mer De Sable i wonder if they have done a multi buy wood coaster deal, could we see some more woodies at their other parks?
Great to see the Looping Group investing in custom ground up coasters!

There was talk online that at the RCCGB event, Drayton stated they'd be getting a wooden coaster in the next few years. This would therefore make sense if there has been a multi buy deal... could see it coming for 2027.

Great to see the Looping Group investing in custom ground up coasters!

There was talk online that at the RCCGB event, Drayton stated they'd be getting a wooden coaster in the next few years. This would therefore make sense if there has been a multi buy deal... could see it coming for 2027.

Oh wow, didn't realise this was Looping Group as well. They have good taste. One at Drayton would be good, but one at Pleasurewood, especially, would make my day.

That literally came out of nowhere? I am excited to see how the first Spanish GCI turns out. Hopefully, as Projektion mentioned, it will feature Titan track, as heat can be brutal down South, and we can see how the Spanish wooden coaster have aged over time under the blazing sun.

I am not surprised by the coaster having one train. Isla Magica is well known for having poor operations, and even on packed days their SLC only runs one train.